“Great value for our trip to DC” 5 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save 10%
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
GreenLeadersBronze level
Woburn, Massachusetts
“Great value for our trip to DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

We just spent 6 nights at this hotel and loved it. It was a little far out of town (DC) for our visit, but it was such a great deal that it was worth it for us to stay in Fairfax and take the Metro downtown (they had a free shuttle service to the Metro station). With AAA rates, we got 3 nights at $119 and the other 3 nights at $89.

The free continental breakfast was excellent, and helped us save money on the trip. The room was very nice, and there was plenty of space. The hotel was a little loud at times due to large school groups staying there during our visit.

Service was great overall, with one minor problem during our stay. One night, some random guy walked right into our room using his key card. Apparently, a group had just arrived and the staff accidentally assigned them to rooms that were already being used. The staff fixed the problem quickly, but it was a pain because the random door opening late at night woke up our toddler who was sleeping in a portable crib by the door. Also, that next morning we received a wake-up call really early (which we didn't request), so our boy got very little sleep that night. So, that was one bad night, but the other 5 nights were great.

A couple other things to note: the internet connection in the room was pretty slow, and the heated pool wasn't very warm.

But I'm starting to nitpick. We really loved it at this hotel. The room was large and comfortable, and was kept very clean. We had a nice refrigerator and microwave in the room. With the low rates, free breakfast, and free shuttle service, we were able to spend a week in DC without breaking the bank. And it didn't require staying in a complete dump to do it. The Springhill Suites is very new and modern, and we would recommend it to anyone else traveling in that area.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2010

I was already prepared to be annoyed when I showed up, running very late, and having missed the opportunity to book other nearby hotels at a pre-arranged convention discount... Not accustomed to paying $149 for routine business accommodations, and frankly was expecting a typical mediocre room at an inflated rate. But my misgivings were dispelled almost immediately when I entered a small but tasteful and very new-looking lobby. Instead of the typical misinformed and sloppy/indifferent desk clerks, the desk staff was young but sharply dressed, and familiar with the location I needed to find. When I got to my room, another pleasant surprise- While not large, it was attractive with a light and airy modern euro type decor, and so clean and crisp, I felt like I was the first guest to use the room! A large flat screen Phillips TV (I'm estimating it was a 32" diagonal picture) situated so that I could watch comfortably while checking e-mails at the work desk (and free wireless internet!) and another pleasant surprise, HD channels! Bed was firm and comfortable, linens smelled laundry-fresh (a hint of citrus maybe?). I skipped the complimentary breakfast, but it looked reasonably well-stocked with bacon, eggs, make-your-own-waffles, cereal, juice, coffee etc. While I don't typically expect to pay this much for a business trip, I've certainly paid more and received much less to stay at other name-brand hotels. I would not hesitate to stay here again, though next time, I 'll see if I can plan a bit further ahead.

Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2010

This hotel is in a great location, clean, beautifully decorated, and a few minutes away from the Vienna/Fairfax Metro station to ride into Washington DC. The hotel offers complimentary shuttles to and from the Metro station as well - utilize them! The parking situation at the Metro stations is horrendous. The staff was very helpful, the complimentary breakfast was pretty good, and the whole hotel feels brand new. Definitely a bargain.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2010

This hotel was very clean, the staff was very helpful. Very modern decor, tastefully done with quality materials. Good location with easy access to major roads. Overall a very good value!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
hanover, pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2010

I am not the same person that previous wrote a review but my family and i recently stayed there as well for a visit to george mason univ. we arrived early so we knew we couldnt check in but thanks for having a bathroom convient in the lobby. anyway the man at the front desk was very helpful in giving us directions to george mason univ. at least we didnt have to fight the bumer to bumper traffic on the main roads. he got us there the not so congested roads. when returning after watching the softball game, we were able to check in to our room. was a very nice room just the way they advertised, the 1 with 2 double beds. very clean etc. after getting settled in, headed back to the front desk to get directions to the fairoaks shopping mall. the lady at the desk gave a printout from mapquest to get there plus verbal gave us the directions, again getting the not so congested streets. after shopping, we hit the indoor pool and fitness room. was very nice as well. complimentary towels, 1 less thing to drag home wet. breakfast in the morn was very good. things were kept full and the waitress greeted everyone as they arrived. was a busy morning as the air force track team was there as well. she made a good start to our a rainy day to tour the campus. the parking garage was very nice too since it was raining we didnt have to rush to put our things in the car to keep them dry.

If we need another visit to the univ., this will definitely be our 1st choice at picking a place to stay. the rate was very good, too. we didnt use the univ discount was cheaper just to make a reservation online ahead of time.

thanks for a great stay!!!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

Got a very good rate from the George Mason website and decided to switch over from the Courtyard (just down the street). I'm glad I did. The hotel itself is very new (I think it opened October/2009). Rooms are very big, as the name implies all rooms are mini-suites. Free breakfast is good. I didn't like the eggs, but many other were eating them so maybe it's just me. They offer a good selection (waffles, cereal, bagels, muffins etc.) so I simply switched over to something I did enjoy.

My one complaint would be that the breakfast is available only until 10 AM (9:30 on weekdays). They could extend it another half hour on the weekend for those of us who may have been out the night before.

The staff is very friendly. The person at the front desk was especially helpful in that I had forgotten my cell phone charger and he tracked one down and charged it for me.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Williamsburg, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

Brian's review of this hotel made me want to try it. I too had had the disappointment of the nearby Candlewood Suites and was similarly delighted by the quality of the Springhill Suites. Great value for the frequent Fairfax business traveler who wants a room with a mini kitchen. Good fitness facilities, and the covered parking is a fabulous plus with all this snow!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Been to SpringHill Suites Fairfax? Share your experiences!