I am not the same person that previous wrote a review but my family and i recently stayed there as well for a visit to george mason univ. we arrived early so we knew we couldnt check in but thanks for having a bathroom convient in the lobby. anyway the man at the front desk was very helpful in giving us directions to george mason univ. at least we didnt have to fight the bumer to bumper traffic on the main roads. he got us there the not so congested roads. when returning after watching the softball game, we were able to check in to our room. was a very nice room just the way they advertised, the 1 with 2 double beds. very clean etc. after getting settled in, headed back to the front desk to get directions to the fairoaks shopping mall. the lady at the desk gave a printout from mapquest to get there plus verbal gave us the directions, again getting the not so congested streets. after shopping, we hit the indoor pool and fitness room. was very nice as well. complimentary towels, 1 less thing to drag home wet. breakfast in the morn was very good. things were kept full and the waitress greeted everyone as they arrived. was a busy morning as the air force track team was there as well. she made a good start to our a rainy day to tour the campus. the parking garage was very nice too since it was raining we didnt have to rush to put our things in the car to keep them dry.
If we need another visit to the univ., this will definitely be our 1st choice at picking a place to stay. the rate was very good, too. we didnt use the univ discount was cheaper just to make a reservation online ahead of time.
thanks for a great stay!!!!
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Fairfax Hotel Fairfax
- Springhill Suites Fairfax Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New SpringHill Suites Fairfax includes All Suites Featuring a Heated Indoor Pool, State of the Art Fitness Center, Market Pantry with meals, snacks, beer, wine, cheese, and soft drinks. Suites with 32" LCD HD TV's, Free Premium Cable, In suite coffemaker and coffee, Microwave, Wet Bar, Refrig, Iron, Ironboard, two- two line phones, Free Internet, wired and wireless, I-Pod Docking station with AM/FM radio, Accessible rooms, Free Business Center, Free Local Calls, Complimentary Garage Parking, and Meeting room space for all occasions holding 60 persons. The hotel is centrally located in beautiful Fairfax convenient to Fair Oaks Mall, Starbucks, Denny's, McDonalds, Chilis's, Boston Market, and walking distance to many other restuarants. GMU and the Patriot Center, are 1 mile, with a short drive to the Udvar-Hazy Air Space Museum and Washington DC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Marriott, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your SpringHill Suites Fairfax reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.