The hotel is a recent renovation -- and it shows. The outside is clean and modern. Open-air parking is very limited, however there is a parking garage on site. This helped to keep the car out of the snow during the recent storms. Definitely a nice feature!
Inside, the lobby is very modern. It looks like a piece of modern art actually, with a lot of stainless steel/aluminum. Personally, I didn't find the decoration very appealing, but the layout was functional. Reception is at a circular desk as soon as you walk in the door. A small snack counter is off to the right. Lobby/breakfast area is off to the left. The business center is not in a separate office, but rather at a desk in the lobby area.
The hotel provided a free breakfast every morning. To be honest, it needs greater variety. Every morning was cereal, oatmeal, waffles, eggs, sausage, and bread for toast. It got old very fast. But, the server -- Deborah, I think her name was -- made breakfast very enjoyable. She took care of us like we were family! Marriott -- if you read this -- give her a promotion! Or, at least a raise!
Our room was an actual suite with separate living area and bedroom. The furnishings were new and very comfortable. The bed was very nice and clean. The bathroom had a very low tub -- too low for a bath -- but the shower worked well. We had one minor complaint: Our TV had volume issues. It would blast at full volume whenever we turned it on. The maintenance team tried to fix it, but....
I have to give kudos to the staff. The team at SpringHill Suites did everything possible to make our stay enjoyable -- even giving me a free afternoon on the day I was supposed to check out (My mistake! Forgot which day I was leaving!). The folks at the front desk greeted us by name each time we returned to the hotel. Nice touch!
All in all, it was a great experience. I would definitely stay at this hotel again!
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Fairfax Hotel Fairfax
- Springhill Suites Fairfax Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New SpringHill Suites Fairfax includes All Suites Featuring a Heated Indoor Pool, State of the Art Fitness Center, Market Pantry with meals, snacks, beer, wine, cheese, and soft drinks. Suites with 32" LCD HD TV's, Free Premium Cable, In suite coffemaker and coffee, Microwave, Wet Bar, Refrig, Iron, Ironboard, two- two line phones, Free Internet, wired and wireless, I-Pod Docking station with AM/FM radio, Accessible rooms, Free Business Center, Free Local Calls, Complimentary Garage Parking, and Meeting room space for all occasions holding 60 persons. The hotel is centrally located in beautiful Fairfax convenient to Fair Oaks Mall, Starbucks, Denny's, McDonalds, Chilis's, Boston Market, and walking distance to many other restuarants. GMU and the Patriot Center, are 1 mile, with a short drive to the Udvar-Hazy Air Space Museum and Washington DC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your SpringHill Suites Fairfax reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.