“Useful location, friendly staff, average hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
GreenLeadersBronze level
Taipei, Taiwan
“Useful location, friendly staff, average hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Location is useful; Wegman's grocery a couple of blocks away, George Mason University not far away, Fair Oaks Mall close, and I-66 and Route 50 close. Lot of restaurants within two miles. Staff is friendly. Breakfast is not worth the time, and the rooms are average, even for Springhill Suites. Does have a laundry room with coin-operated washer and dryer.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled with family
Richard L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel in Fairfax. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and found our location convenient to just about everything in the Fairfax area. Are there any additional items that you would recommend us adding to our hot breakfast? Please be sure to come back and visit us soon!

Richard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Korean first
Norfolk, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I travel to Fairfax, VA every week for work. I usually select the hotel for the week based on the star rating and room night rate. This hotel has become one of my favorites. The location is great, plenty of shopping and restaurants in close proximity to the hotel. The staff is very friendly and the hotel is clean for the most part. During my second stay at the hotel for the month I noticed that the shower curtain liner was dingy and did not look great. I’m sure it was clean (at least that’s what I hope) since everything else in the room appeared to be clean. I do recommend replacing old shower curtain liners when they no longer look very clean.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled on business
Richard L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for your candid review of your recent visit to our property. I appreciate you taking the time to share with us the various aspects of your stay that were very positive and others that can give us ability to improve on our operations. I am so sorry about the dingy shower curtain in your bathroom. We have begun replacing the old ones with new frosted colored ones that are extremely durable and much more appealing. Please note that we do take such reviews seriously and strive to work harder to ensure every stay is exceptional for every guest. We look forward to welcoming you back to us in the near future.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if I can be of any further assistance.

Richard Luz
richard.luz@marriott.com
NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Not up to typical Marriott standards, not even close. The room a/c unit is extremely noisy and does not run correctly. The workout room is a joke by any standard -- two out of four broken machines, tiny -- unacceptable. The pool does not open until 5 p.m. and why, is this 2015 or 1965? The breakfast was passable at best -- someone has no clue how to make oatmeal, that's for certain. WiFi was slow compared to what I am used to. And the staff is somewhat clueless though friendly. Really disappointing.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that your stay with us encountered some difficulties. We just finished repairing and servicing all of our workout equipment in our gym last Wednesday. I understand that this doesn't fix or help you now since it was repaired after your stay, and I'm truly sorry for this inconvenience. I will certainly share your feedback with my food and beverage team and my engineering team regarding the oat meal and the noisy A/C unit. Duing the week our pool is opened from 5pm-9:30pm and 10am-10pm on the weekends. Again, I am so sorry that these times did not fit your needs while staying at our property. I would love to speak with you in more detail regarding your stay. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me at your earliest convenience.

Richard Luz
richard.luz@marriott.com
(703) 691-7880
Calera, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2015

The Hotel staff was helpful. The rooms were okay. The Breakfast was nothing to brag about . The oatmeal was cold and half cooked both days. The strawberries were half washed. I had to take them back to my room and rewash them. The boiled eggs were ICE cold. Needless to say, I was not impressed with breakfast. Lastly, the Sofa bed was horrible. I contemplated throwing the mattress out the door and sleeping on the bare springs. Again, this hotel was just "okay". Would I return. .....probably not.

Stayed July 2015, traveled with friends
Richard L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, July 27, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. I am so sorry that you didn't enjoy our breakfast and found certain items unacceptable. Also, I am so sorry about the uncomfortable pull out sofa in your room. I understand how unpleasant and frustrating it may be to not get a good nights rest when traveling. Our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Fairfax. Have a great day!

Brooklyn ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2015

This is in regard to my stay at SpringHill Suites, Fairfax VA. Our stay was lovely, but I have a major complaint that will keep me from coming back. I specifically booked this hotel for the pool as I was traveling with kids and this was their one and only request. When we checked in on sat, 6/27 we were advised that the pool was open until 10. It was late and we didn't use the pool at this time, but the next day, we told out kids after my husband played in the World Police Fire Games, we would go right back to the hotel for them to swim until dinner. So, we arrived back at 6:08 pm, already in bathing suits and ready to swim, when we were told the pool closed at 6. How can a pool close at 6? Esp when the night before it closed at 10? If this is one of the major anmenties being touted by the hotel, and one of the only reasons I booked it, this was a huge deal breaker. The staff was lovely and offered to find us another hotel where the kids could swim, but it was a 15 min drive and we were on a limited schedule. We told the kids we would let them go down in the am before checkout - but guess what? We were told the pool didn't open until 5pm. Checkout is 12. So, we were more than disappointed that this was not available to us, and feel this needs to be advertised clearly when booking on the Marriott site, as well as prominently displayed when checking in! There isn't much else to do with kids at night when traveling, so you can imagine why this was an issue to us and a major disappointment to my two little children.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled with family
Richard L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, July 2, 2015
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so sorry about the limited pool hours that our hotel offers. When I was younger and on vacation with my parents the pool was certainly our number one priority. I am so sorry and disappointed that your children were unable to use our pool after a long day of attending the Fire & Police Games. I am certainly going to contact the proper indidivuals so that we can resolve this issue and so that it doesn't effect future guests. Again, please accept my sincerest apology and I hope you have a safe and happy 4th of July.

Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2015

We are Mariott fan but extremely disappointed with the SpringHill Suites Fairfax!!! The carpet was dirty and we had no housekeeping service at all for 2 days in a roll. When complained to the Front desk we were told because our room # is in the front (07), the housekeeping staff would have come by early. However, if they miss it for any reason, then the service will ONLY be done upon request!! This is ridiculous and unheard of. We even reminded the housekeeping lady in the morning that they missed our room but yet our room was still not made. I mean we were on vacation, it was not unreasonable to leave the room at 10:30/11:00.

Definitely a hotel to avoid - dirty, old and rediculious service!

• Stayed June 2015, traveled as a couple
Richard L, Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, June 24, 2015
I’m equally as concerned and embarrassed by your recent experience at our property. We typically have a member of our housekeeping team on site from 7am-11pm daily. I am so sorry and disappointed with the cleanliness and lack of responsiveness from my staff during your stay. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at (703)691-7880 ext. 4905. I would love to speak with you and receive more feedback from your recent stay. Again, please accept my apology and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2015

My family has stayed in this hotel about 4-5 times now over the past couple years while visiting family purely because we needed larger rooms with 2 kids and also the proximity to our relatives. The quality has definitely declined over this time period. In terms of roominess, it's fine for two adults and two small kids. More than that, the rooms would be tight. The staff is generally very courteous and helpful. Everything is usually in good working order. Parking is free and plentiful. Location is great--close to I-66 and can easily get to the Metro. Lots of stores/restaurants in the surrounding Fairfax area. The free breakfast is nice, although the selection is limited. Also seating during breakfast has been an issue as well unless you go really early or really late--I've had to take my food back up to my room or walk around and wait for a table to become available. This most recent stay has been disappointing from a cleanliness standpoint. The floors and furniture are filthy. For the price of approximately $200/night, I would expect better.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled with family
Richard L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, June 11, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We apologize for all the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. We appreciate your feedback and will address the issues with the appropriate department managers.

We hope that you will give us another chance to better serve you during your next trip to the area.