“Just okay....” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Calera, Alabama
“Just okay....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The Hotel staff was helpful. The rooms were okay. The Breakfast was nothing to brag about . The oatmeal was cold and half cooked both days. The strawberries were half washed. I had to take them back to my room and rewash them. The boiled eggs were ICE cold. Needless to say, I was not impressed with breakfast. Lastly, the Sofa bed was horrible. I contemplated throwing the mattress out the door and sleeping on the bare springs. Again, this hotel was just "okay". Would I return. .....probably not.

Stayed July 2015, traveled with friends
Richard L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. I am so sorry that you didn't enjoy our breakfast and found certain items unacceptable. Also, I am so sorry about the uncomfortable pull out sofa in your room. I understand how unpleasant and frustrating it may be to not get a good nights rest when traveling. Our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Fairfax. Have a great day!

Richard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Brooklyn ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is in regard to my stay at SpringHill Suites, Fairfax VA. Our stay was lovely, but I have a major complaint that will keep me from coming back. I specifically booked this hotel for the pool as I was traveling with kids and this was their one and only request. When we checked in on sat, 6/27 we were advised that the pool was open until 10. It was late and we didn't use the pool at this time, but the next day, we told out kids after my husband played in the World Police Fire Games, we would go right back to the hotel for them to swim until dinner. So, we arrived back at 6:08 pm, already in bathing suits and ready to swim, when we were told the pool closed at 6. How can a pool close at 6? Esp when the night before it closed at 10? If this is one of the major anmenties being touted by the hotel, and one of the only reasons I booked it, this was a huge deal breaker. The staff was lovely and offered to find us another hotel where the kids could swim, but it was a 15 min drive and we were on a limited schedule. We told the kids we would let them go down in the am before checkout - but guess what? We were told the pool didn't open until 5pm. Checkout is 12. So, we were more than disappointed that this was not available to us, and feel this needs to be advertised clearly when booking on the Marriott site, as well as prominently displayed when checking in! There isn't much else to do with kids at night when traveling, so you can imagine why this was an issue to us and a major disappointment to my two little children.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled with family
Richard L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so sorry about the limited pool hours that our hotel offers. When I was younger and on vacation with my parents the pool was certainly our number one priority. I am so sorry and disappointed that your children were unable to use our pool after a long day of attending the Fire & Police Games. I am certainly going to contact the proper indidivuals so that we can resolve this issue and so that it doesn't effect future guests. Again, please accept my sincerest apology and I hope you have a safe and happy 4th of July.

Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2015

We are Mariott fan but extremely disappointed with the SpringHill Suites Fairfax!!! The carpet was dirty and we had no housekeeping service at all for 2 days in a roll. When complained to the Front desk we were told because our room # is in the front (07), the housekeeping staff would have come by early. However, if they miss it for any reason, then the service will ONLY be done upon request!! This is ridiculous and unheard of. We even reminded the housekeeping lady in the morning that they missed our room but yet our room was still not made. I mean we were on vacation, it was not unreasonable to leave the room at 10:30/11:00.

Definitely a hotel to avoid - dirty, old and rediculious service!

• Stayed June 2015, traveled as a couple
Richard L, Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, June 24, 2015
I’m equally as concerned and embarrassed by your recent experience at our property. We typically have a member of our housekeeping team on site from 7am-11pm daily. I am so sorry and disappointed with the cleanliness and lack of responsiveness from my staff during your stay. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at (703)691-7880 ext. 4905. I would love to speak with you and receive more feedback from your recent stay. Again, please accept my apology and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2015

My family has stayed in this hotel about 4-5 times now over the past couple years while visiting family purely because we needed larger rooms with 2 kids and also the proximity to our relatives. The quality has definitely declined over this time period. In terms of roominess, it's fine for two adults and two small kids. More than that, the rooms would be tight. The staff is generally very courteous and helpful. Everything is usually in good working order. Parking is free and plentiful. Location is great--close to I-66 and can easily get to the Metro. Lots of stores/restaurants in the surrounding Fairfax area. The free breakfast is nice, although the selection is limited. Also seating during breakfast has been an issue as well unless you go really early or really late--I've had to take my food back up to my room or walk around and wait for a table to become available. This most recent stay has been disappointing from a cleanliness standpoint. The floors and furniture are filthy. For the price of approximately $200/night, I would expect better.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled with family
Richard L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, June 11, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We apologize for all the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. We appreciate your feedback and will address the issues with the appropriate department managers.

We hope that you will give us another chance to better serve you during your next trip to the area.
Coventry, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2015

But then, who doesn't have a car in the US? Stayed here for work, as it was close by.

The rooms are well sized, with a microwave, sofa, and kitchen sink. Can't say I liked having the bathroom sink outside of the bathroom, but overall it was OK. The room itself was clean, but the air-conditioning a little loud.

There's a little shop in the lobby, where you can buy some basic food stuffs. Also, the front desk have a few delivery food menus of local places. Front desk were helpful all the time.

Little laundry on first floor, and a Monday to Friday laundry service that operates. Gym and pool were tiny, and effectively in the "basement".

Breakfast was pretty basic, and a real mele is there were lots of school groups in.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Richard L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, June 6, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you found the room clean and comfortable. I will certainly share your comments with my engineering team regarding the noisy air conditioner in your room. Thank you for bringing this issue to my attention. I will also share your kind feedback with my front desk team. Please come back and visit us soon!

Warminster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2015

While giving the seminars in Fairfax, VA I stayed here. The sleeping room was outstanding. The front desk staff were quite helpful and courteous. The meeting room is conveniently located and spacious. All of the hotel staff are quite helpful and willing to help with any requirements needed for the meeting or the hotel staff.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Richard L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, May 27, 2015
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff helpful and accomodating. I will certainly share your feedback with our team. Please come back and visit us soon!
Long Island, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2015

The best way to describe this property is that it's almost like every other SpringHill Suites that you would find. Generally clean, generally the rooms are cleaned as you would expect them to be. The breakfast at this property was not that great, and the area was not neat or maintained as well as it should have been.

Also, the staff was just a bit "off" and not as friendly as you find at other SpringHill properties. Nothing great, nothing terrible, Average is best way to describe this property.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Richard L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, May 12, 2015
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am truly embarrassed and sorry for the way my staff interacted with you. We strive to be the best and not just a basic or average hotel. Thank you so much for letting me know about your stay. I will certainly share your comments with the proper individuals to ensure this doesn’t occur with future guests.