“Great service and accomdations, but if you are booking for the pool, read on” 3 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Fairfax

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
GreenLeadersBronze level
Brooklyn ny
“Great service and accomdations, but if you are booking for the pool, read on”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This is in regard to my stay at SpringHill Suites, Fairfax VA. Our stay was lovely, but I have a major complaint that will keep me from coming back. I specifically booked this hotel for the pool as I was traveling with kids and this was their one and only request. When we checked in on sat, 6/27 we were advised that the pool was open until 10. It was late and we didn't use the pool at this time, but the next day, we told out kids after my husband played in the World Police Fire Games, we would go right back to the hotel for them to swim until dinner. So, we arrived back at 6:08 pm, already in bathing suits and ready to swim, when we were told the pool closed at 6. How can a pool close at 6? Esp when the night before it closed at 10? If this is one of the major anmenties being touted by the hotel, and one of the only reasons I booked it, this was a huge deal breaker. The staff was lovely and offered to find us another hotel where the kids could swim, but it was a 15 min drive and we were on a limited schedule. We told the kids we would let them go down in the am before checkout - but guess what? We were told the pool didn't open until 5pm. Checkout is 12. So, we were more than disappointed that this was not available to us, and feel this needs to be advertised clearly when booking on the Marriott site, as well as prominently displayed when checking in! There isn't much else to do with kids at night when traveling, so you can imagine why this was an issue to us and a major disappointment to my two little children.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We are Mariott fan but extremely disappointed with the SpringHill Suites Fairfax!!! The carpet was dirty and we had no housekeeping service at all for 2 days in a roll. When complained to the Front desk we were told because our room # is in the front (07), the housekeeping staff would have come by early. However, if they miss it for any reason, then the service will ONLY be done upon request!! This is ridiculous and unheard of. We even reminded the housekeeping lady in the morning that they missed our room but yet our room was still not made. I mean we were on vacation, it was not unreasonable to leave the room at 10:30/11:00.

Definitely a hotel to avoid - dirty, old and rediculious service!

• Stayed June 2015, traveled as a couple
Richard L, Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I’m equally as concerned and embarrassed by your recent experience at our property. We typically have a member of our housekeeping team on site from 7am-11pm daily. I am so sorry and disappointed with the cleanliness and lack of responsiveness from my staff during your stay. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at (703)691-7880 ext. 4905. I would love to speak with you and receive more feedback from your recent stay. Again, please accept my apology and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My family has stayed in this hotel about 4-5 times now over the past couple years while visiting family purely because we needed larger rooms with 2 kids and also the proximity to our relatives. The quality has definitely declined over this time period. In terms of roominess, it's fine for two adults and two small kids. More than that, the rooms would be tight. The staff is generally very courteous and helpful. Everything is usually in good working order. Parking is free and plentiful. Location is great--close to I-66 and can easily get to the Metro. Lots of stores/restaurants in the surrounding Fairfax area. The free breakfast is nice, although the selection is limited. Also seating during breakfast has been an issue as well unless you go really early or really late--I've had to take my food back up to my room or walk around and wait for a table to become available. This most recent stay has been disappointing from a cleanliness standpoint. The floors and furniture are filthy. For the price of approximately $200/night, I would expect better.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled with family
Richard L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We apologize for all the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. We appreciate your feedback and will address the issues with the appropriate department managers.

We hope that you will give us another chance to better serve you during your next trip to the area.
Coventry, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

But then, who doesn't have a car in the US? Stayed here for work, as it was close by.

The rooms are well sized, with a microwave, sofa, and kitchen sink. Can't say I liked having the bathroom sink outside of the bathroom, but overall it was OK. The room itself was clean, but the air-conditioning a little loud.

There's a little shop in the lobby, where you can buy some basic food stuffs. Also, the front desk have a few delivery food menus of local places. Front desk were helpful all the time.

Little laundry on first floor, and a Monday to Friday laundry service that operates. Gym and pool were tiny, and effectively in the "basement".

Breakfast was pretty basic, and a real mele is there were lots of school groups in.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Richard L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you found the room clean and comfortable. I will certainly share your comments with my engineering team regarding the noisy air conditioner in your room. Thank you for bringing this issue to my attention. I will also share your kind feedback with my front desk team. Please come back and visit us soon!

Warminster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2015

While giving the seminars in Fairfax, VA I stayed here. The sleeping room was outstanding. The front desk staff were quite helpful and courteous. The meeting room is conveniently located and spacious. All of the hotel staff are quite helpful and willing to help with any requirements needed for the meeting or the hotel staff.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Richard L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff helpful and accomodating. I will certainly share your feedback with our team. Please come back and visit us soon!
Long Island, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2015

The best way to describe this property is that it's almost like every other SpringHill Suites that you would find. Generally clean, generally the rooms are cleaned as you would expect them to be. The breakfast at this property was not that great, and the area was not neat or maintained as well as it should have been.

Also, the staff was just a bit "off" and not as friendly as you find at other SpringHill properties. Nothing great, nothing terrible, Average is best way to describe this property.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Richard L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, May 12, 2015
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am truly embarrassed and sorry for the way my staff interacted with you. We strive to be the best and not just a basic or average hotel. Thank you so much for letting me know about your stay. I will certainly share your comments with the proper individuals to ensure this doesn’t occur with future guests.

Rochester, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2015

We arrived on Saturday and left on Monday. The room was neat and clean, check in fast and the staff friendly.

For the cost ($70 on Priceline) this hotel is great. Internet didn't need any login, the pool is good. Parking is free and is covered on the bottom level. Two elevators serve 5 floors. Even facing the street it's quiet.

It's location is easy to spot and get to. Plenty of stores in the area and good access to highways.

The breakfast is ok. Wish there was sausage every morning and more fruit. The eggs were not so so good.

A few minor problems:
About 1/2 of the TV channels don't work / display a screen saver. So much for watching HBO - whatever channel is might have been on as there was no channel guide paper.

The staff said that all the rooms are the same size. Untrue - the ones with the two beds are a bit bigger. Been there with kids so I've stayed in them.

Maid service is slightly inconsistent: Only 1 glass cup the 2nd day, none on the 3rd day and regular coffee was not replenished.

The clocks were not yet set to daylight savings time, a month ago. The microwave was easy to fix, a request to have the bed clock changed wasn't happening so I found how to take the cover off the back to do it myself.

Be aware the wall / outside mounted A/C is noisy. It would have kept us awake but we cranked the cold and then turned it off overnight.

Hot water is good, never ran out. The tub can hold two people. Big bathroom.

Nice sitting room with L shaped sofa was good to have, allowed to spread out. You could swivel the TV to it or the bedroom.

All in all, a pretty good hotel.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Richard L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, April 22, 2015
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and I'm also extremely thankful for you bringing the issues you had with the room to my attention. I will certainly share your comments with my team to ensure we correct these problems for future guests. Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Richard

Been to SpringHill Suites Fairfax? Share your experiences!