“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Warminster, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

While giving the seminars in Fairfax, VA I stayed here. The sleeping room was outstanding. The front desk staff were quite helpful and courteous. The meeting room is conveniently located and spacious. All of the hotel staff are quite helpful and willing to help with any requirements needed for the meeting or the hotel staff.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Long Island, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The best way to describe this property is that it's almost like every other SpringHill Suites that you would find. Generally clean, generally the rooms are cleaned as you would expect them to be. The breakfast at this property was not that great, and the area was not neat or maintained as well as it should have been.

Also, the staff was just a bit "off" and not as friendly as you find at other SpringHill properties. Nothing great, nothing terrible, Average is best way to describe this property.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Richard L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am truly embarrassed and sorry for the way my staff interacted with you. We strive to be the best and not just a basic or average hotel. Thank you so much for letting me know about your stay. I will certainly share your comments with the proper individuals to ensure this doesn’t occur with future guests.

Rochester, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We arrived on Saturday and left on Monday. The room was neat and clean, check in fast and the staff friendly.

For the cost ($70 on Priceline) this hotel is great. Internet didn't need any login, the pool is good. Parking is free and is covered on the bottom level. Two elevators serve 5 floors. Even facing the street it's quiet.

It's location is easy to spot and get to. Plenty of stores in the area and good access to highways.

The breakfast is ok. Wish there was sausage every morning and more fruit. The eggs were not so so good.

A few minor problems:
About 1/2 of the TV channels don't work / display a screen saver. So much for watching HBO - whatever channel is might have been on as there was no channel guide paper.

The staff said that all the rooms are the same size. Untrue - the ones with the two beds are a bit bigger. Been there with kids so I've stayed in them.

Maid service is slightly inconsistent: Only 1 glass cup the 2nd day, none on the 3rd day and regular coffee was not replenished.

The clocks were not yet set to daylight savings time, a month ago. The microwave was easy to fix, a request to have the bed clock changed wasn't happening so I found how to take the cover off the back to do it myself.

Be aware the wall / outside mounted A/C is noisy. It would have kept us awake but we cranked the cold and then turned it off overnight.

Hot water is good, never ran out. The tub can hold two people. Big bathroom.

Nice sitting room with L shaped sofa was good to have, allowed to spread out. You could swivel the TV to it or the bedroom.

All in all, a pretty good hotel.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Richard L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and I'm also extremely thankful for you bringing the issues you had with the room to my attention. I will certainly share your comments with my team to ensure we correct these problems for future guests. Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If you need proof of payment for your stay, avoid this hotel!
I'm stuck with $400 charge on my personal credit card, I cannot file business expense report because SpringHill is refusing to provide proof of payment.
I contacted them multiple times with credit card statement to have proper proof of payment. They sent me $0.00 chargeable invoice while they charged me over $400. Since then, they ignore any communication from me and Marriott customer service. If they have $0 charge in their system, who took the money?
To be fair, the amount charged was correct for 2 nights of stay. Facility was clean, service was terrible.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
I am so sorry and embarrassed for the billing issues you had while staying at our hotel. Please feel free to reach out to me directly so that I can fix this issue and provide you with the correct receipt. Again, I am so sorry about this and can understand how frustrating this must be. I can be reached at Richard.luz@marriott.com or (703)691-7880.

Regards,

Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Having stayed at another Springhill Suites in the DC vicinity, I had high expectations for this location. During our two night stay, the hotel was crowded on the Saturday night of the stay. A girls softball team and their families were staying at the hotel. Loud talking, running the halls, and taking over the lobby area highlighted the night. The next morning there was pushing and shoving at the breakfast buffet line. There was plenty of food. I suggest staying with a bagel and assorted toppings rather than the hot entrees. Granted, the food may have been less appetizing due to the increased demand on the staff. The lobby store has good selections, but the front desk is often unmanned. The rooms are adequate. The workout facility was below par for a hotel of this chain. We left the room at 8:45 am on the first morning and returned after 2:00. The room had not yet been cleaned. Room service arrived at almost 4:30 with a question if we needed service. We, of course, did. When we returned at 8:00, the room was straightened, but trash was still in the room. I am disappointed.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us this past weekend. I want to sincerely apologize for the overly crowded lobby and breakfast area. Also, I am so sorry that housekeeping was unable to service your room in a timely matter. Please accept my apologies and I hope we can regain your confidence in us the next time you are in the Fairfax area.

Glen Ellyn, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2015

We found our rooms to be clean, along with long blackout curtains to block out any outside light at night, as well as quiet. We found the beds comfortable. They served a decent hot breakfast, with fresh fruit and a great oatmeal bar. The front desk was also very accommodating to us when we needed to request a different room. They also have a free shuttle service available to guests during the weekday mornings. Another bonus is there is a Hertz car rental branch that works out of the hotel. This is very convenient when flying in from out of state and one is needing a rental car. There are also a few restaurants nearby, as well as a large Wegmans grocery store 15 minutes by foot. I would plan on staying here again.

Room Tip: The rooms on the south side of the building, away from the street, are the quietest.
Green Features: I found the hotel to be very environmentally friendly.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Richard L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
I can not say thank you enough for your kind review. We strive ourselves to present the most memorable of experiences for our guests and I am delighted to hear that your stay was great. Our close proximity to D.C., shopping and restaurants allow us to be such a valuable landmark for our guests and we are pleased to hear that you took advantage of our location. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. If I can be of any further assistance, do not hesitate to reach out to me.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2015

We stayed here for a week long last minute trip to Washington DC. We are a family of 5 and didn't want to pay outrageous rates to stay in the city. This hotel accommodated all of us and was about a 30 minute drive to downtown DC
First let me state the negatives:
The "sleeper sofa" is not sleep-able. We ended up just using the sofa, as you could very easily feel the springs in the sleeper sofa.
The pool: it is very small and its hours are limited. From 5 to 9 during the week and weekends is until 10 or so. Also, there is a "lifeguard" there, which, with the pool being so small is a little uncomfortable. There is no hot tub at this hotel.

Neutrals:
Breakfast; this is a very basic breakfast buffet. You can make your own waffles (takes forever), they had cereal, eggs, sausage, bagels, muffins. I think the demand for food was a little too great for our stay, as there were lots of large groups staying and I felt the breakfast buffet staff had a hard time keeping up. But, if you want a free breakfast, this provides the basics

Positives:
The hotel was very clean and well maintained. I thought the beds were comfortable enough and the room was fairly spacious. Every staff member we encountered was very nice and accommodating.

Overall, a good stay for the price and a close enough distance from the city for our needs.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind review of our property. I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. Our well-appointed rooms and suites are indeed exceptional and it is delightful to know that you and your family enjoyed your stay and were comfortable (despite the sleeper sofa). We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Richard

Been to SpringHill Suites Fairfax? Share your experiences!