“Well run, clean and very accommodating” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
“Well run, clean and very accommodating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We found our rooms to be clean, along with long blackout curtains to block out any outside light at night, as well as quiet. We found the beds comfortable. They served a decent hot breakfast, with fresh fruit and a great oatmeal bar. The front desk was also very accommodating to us when we needed to request a different room. They also have a free shuttle service available to guests during the weekday mornings. Another bonus is there is a Hertz car rental branch that works out of the hotel. This is very convenient when flying in from out of state and one is needing a rental car. There are also a few restaurants nearby, as well as a large Wegmans grocery store 15 minutes by foot. I would plan on staying here again.

Room Tip: The rooms on the south side of the building, away from the street, are the quietest.
Green Features: I found the hotel to be very environmentally friendly.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed here for a week long last minute trip to Washington DC. We are a family of 5 and didn't want to pay outrageous rates to stay in the city. This hotel accommodated all of us and was about a 30 minute drive to downtown DC
First let me state the negatives:
The "sleeper sofa" is not sleep-able. We ended up just using the sofa, as you could very easily feel the springs in the sleeper sofa.
The pool: it is very small and its hours are limited. From 5 to 9 during the week and weekends is until 10 or so. Also, there is a "lifeguard" there, which, with the pool being so small is a little uncomfortable. There is no hot tub at this hotel.

Neutrals:
Breakfast; this is a very basic breakfast buffet. You can make your own waffles (takes forever), they had cereal, eggs, sausage, bagels, muffins. I think the demand for food was a little too great for our stay, as there were lots of large groups staying and I felt the breakfast buffet staff had a hard time keeping up. But, if you want a free breakfast, this provides the basics

Positives:
The hotel was very clean and well maintained. I thought the beds were comfortable enough and the room was fairly spacious. Every staff member we encountered was very nice and accommodating.

Overall, a good stay for the price and a close enough distance from the city for our needs.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Stockton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We checked into the Springhill Suites on Monday 3/16. Check in was smooth considering we had 36 people in our group. The hotel was clean and comfy. Coffee and tea available in the lobby all night. There was also a little store to purchase forgotten items or snacks. Rooms were clean, beds were comfy. Fridge, coffee maker and microwave in room. Morning breakfast was nice, they had everything you could possible want for breakfast. Yogurt, fresh made oatmeal, waffle maker, bacon, sausage, eggs, a large assortment of breads, bagels and fruit. This was a nice hotel and pretty quite. I would recommend this hotel. Walking distance to shopping center.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Little Egg Harbor, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The six of us booked a suite for a Saturday night in March. We arrived around 3 pm and noticed that the sleeper sofa had no sheets and there were not enough towels for our party. I went downstairs (the phone did not connect to the desk) and asked the desk clerk for the items and he assured me they would be up promptly. When We left an hour later, the housekeeper had not arrived. We enjoyed downtown Fairfax as well as the concert at the Patriot Center. Arriving back to Springhill Suites around 11 pm, our sheets and towels were folded on the table. When I fully unfolded the sleeper bed, the mattress was thin and pretty stained. It was gross, but we were really tired so I made up the "bed" and tried not to think about it. The other real beds were fine, the room and bathroom clean. The breakfast in the morning was terrific with really good coffee. So most things were really good, but the sleeper bed made me feel like we were in jail. Maybe the manager would consider roll away cots for extra guests.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
David D, Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear 103Katherine,

Thank you for your positive review. I a delighted to hear that you enjoyed the hotel overall – and thank you for sharing your positive remarks as well as your concerns. The sofa bed should have had a freshly laundered mattress pad on it already – but it sounds like that was not the case. I sincerely apologize and will share your review with our Housekeeping team! Because every suite in the hotel has the pull out sofa bed, we do not have space for roll-away beds, but I appreciate the kind suggestion and hope that you will stay with again on your next visit to GMU!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2015

The ramps in the underground car park were really icy and they were very dangerous.
When I got to check in there was nobody at the desk, and I had to wait at least 10mins for someone to arrive, with no apology for having to wait.
The rooms were nice as all spring hill suites are. Clean too. But my heater blew out cold air only. Even turned it way up to see what happened and just cold air. So I had to turn it off to stay warm. No one wants cool air when it's 15 outside.
Needed to call front desk in the morning and no answer...just rang out. Probably nobody there.
This was a single night business trip and I would not stay here again. There are many hotels in the area there is undoubtedly someone more pleasant to stay.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Dear JustineA

I am terribly sorry for the issues you mentioned. Although it was a brutally cold winter, the issues you mentioned are far from typical at our hotel, and I sincerely apologize that your stay was anything less than wonderful. It sounds like you come to the area on business occasionally, and I sincerely hope you will give us an opportunity to restore your faith in our property. My email address is below. Please don’t be shy in reaching out so that I may personally handle your reservations for your next stay in Fairfax!

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2015

I was in Fairfax on business, and I was pleased by the hotel. It was new, clean, spacious, and trendy. There public social areas in the hotel, and if I would have been there longer, I might have used some of them. I slept okay; it wasn't my mattress, but I didn't need a trip to the chiropractor afterwards, either. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Dear Kristin B,

Thank you for your short but sweet review, and I hope we will see you in Fairfax again soon!

State College, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2015 via mobile

Big room, rarely hear other guests, and great front desk service. Each room has a nice living room area with a big couch and desk with a small wall to separate it from the bed area. The hotel is also close to shopping and dining.

• Stayed January 2015
Dear CT2327,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with the Trip Advisor Community. You summed us up quite nicely, and I hope we will have the pleasure of your company again soon!

ddelrusso@otodevelopment.com

Been to SpringHill Suites Fairfax? Share your experiences!