“A Very Nice Stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Roanoke, Virginia
“A Very Nice Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My mother and I were in Fairfax to do some holiday shopping. The rooms are large and clean. It was everything we needed. I was most impressed by the lighting and light switches. Wifi was easy to connect to and decently fast. As other reviews said, it is a newer hotel so it had the new smell. I like the idea of the parking garage and felt safe parking there. The breakfast was more than I expected to see. They had the normal bagels and muffins but they also had a waffle maker and fresh fruit! It was a great stay and I will be coming back when I return to Fairfax.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Makassar, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed for a night in this hotel while i was on a family trip around East Coast, The room was very good, it felt like home because it was so comfy and nice. The hotel staffs were friendly and helpful especially for a tourist like me.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Shawn provided superior customer service. He is truly an asset to your company. The young lady on duty with him on Tuesday night (11/18)was also superior. Sorry I don't remember her name. They both made my stay great.

• Stayed November 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This appears to be a very new facility --everything still had that "new" smell.

This is Marriott's newer modern design -- bright colors, edgy furniture and odd shaped rooms, common areas.

Located in a mixed use neighborhood --- storage rentals across street next to under construction town homes and some small stores up and down the main street. Still very quiet at night. Heavy rush hour traffic in the morning but fairly quick to either I-66 or I-95.

Limited parking in front of entrance -- connected to a parking garage instead.

Friendly greeting on arrival -- desk clerk explained the breakfast, elevator locations etc w/o asking. Acknowledged membership in Marriotts Rewards club.

Entered room which was spotless but had a strong smoke odor. Back to desk clerk, apology and switched us to room across hall from first one. Again since it appears to be a new building, everything was fresh, clean and current. No wear on anything. Good firm beds and linens crisp; Lights a little difficult to figure out -- wall switch for overheads and a switch on the entry wall controlling those also. Quiet even though we were directly over the front entrance - 5 floor.

Breakfast next morning was standard fare -- fake eggs / turkey sausage, breads, hard/green melon chucks, yogurt, cereal etc. The young woman handling the room was working hard with a very large crowd of people but was smiling the entire time. Large groups staying there (bus was parked outside) I asked for a tray to take food back to the room since the sleeping room had none (not even under the ice bucket); She apologied saying they didn't have any but then came back with a very large oval decorated tray (obviously used to display food) -- still smiling. I told the desk Manager of her pleasant attitude and he new without me telling him who I was talking about.

Bill under door as usual. Uneventful, restful, good experience.

Rate was very good -- $79.

Room Tip: Ask for a tray and eat your breakfast in your room;
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2014

Stayed here in July without an issue. Came back for a 2 night stay with family, booked 2 rooms. Out early Sat. morning for an event. Returned around 11:30 to change our clothes. Housekeeping was outside our rooms. She saw us come in AND leave. When we returned at 11:00 that night, our rooms were NOT touched. Needed to call for clean towels and glasses, only towels delivered after I was asked if the "Do Not Disturb" sign was on the door. Then at 8:57 on Sunday morning there's a knock on the door. Before I could move from the couch to the door, the door was opened by the maid. I am thoroughly disgusted with the housekeeping staff as well as the lax attitude when I reported these incidents. These folks definitely need some customer service lessons.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
JoAnne R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, October 27, 2014
Hello PamC, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with, us and please accept my apology and know that not cleaning your room is not typical at our hotel. We read and consider all comments and continuously make improvements. The fact that your room was not cleaned, on Saturday, and you had to request items that should have been provided, is unacceptable service. After receiving your review, we gave our Housekeeping and Front Desk departments additional training in verbal and –non-verbal communications skills. Please know that we have taken action to ensure the problem does not occur at our hotel again and thank you for bringing the matter to my attention. If you return to the Fairfax area, again, I would welcome the opportunity to serve you and prove that we are a quality choice for your accommodations. Please contact me directly for any future reservations, so I can make sure you are well taken care of.

JoAnne Reifel
Stuart, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2014

We stayed here for a couple nights to do some sightseeing outside of DC. Very close to the Dulles branch of the Air & Space museum. Very large breakfast selection but hot food was only warm, not hot (eggs, ham, potatoes). Tea and coffee are always available in the lobby. Nice clean rooms and we liked that they put 2 each of different style pillows on the bed. Makes it easy to find your favorite for sleeping. Attached parking garage was nice and free!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Hello, Thank you so much for your review and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and our close proximity to the Air and Space Museum in Dulles. Also I am delighted that you were able to take advantage of our hot breakfast and variety of items, with coffee available 24 hours a day, as we want to make sure you experienced our breakfast before you started your day. Clean rooms are always our priority, and glad that yours was extra special clean, and thank you for your comments, of which we will pass on to our Housekeeping Department. I hope we will see you again soon.

JoAnne R,
Stuart, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2014

This hotel's staff is great, the building is clean, and it's in a good location for sightseeing outside DC. The rooms are a good size, and nice and bright.

The breakfast was good with the exception of the pancakes and scrambled eggs. I think the eggs were powdered or something, if they aren't real and fresh, why waste the time and money? The pancakes were rock hard; I didn't get down to breakfast until about 30 minutes before they stopped serving so they may have been sitting for a little while but there was a line, so I would think there was a good turnover.

Great hotel overall, I would come back here. Only a few miles to the Air and Space Museum at Dulles.

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi VSPB1, I appreciate your taking the time to let us know about your stay, and please accept my apology with the quality of the eggs, and pancakes on our breakfast. I know that when you come to the hotel, you expect quality food, and with your comments, we will review the vendors, and methods we use to prepare the eggs, and pancakes and make changes, so they are better than what you experienced. As we are close to the Air and SpaceMuseum at Dulles, our proximity enabled you to visit, with ease access, without all the traffic. If you return to the area, I hope you try us again, so that we can provide you with the best quality breakfast, and other amenities that make our hotel a good choice in our area. I look forward to seeing you again.

JoAnne R

Been to SpringHill Suites Fairfax? Share your experiences!