“Awesome for GMU families.” 5 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save 10%
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
GreenLeadersBronze level
Mason, Ohio
“Awesome for GMU families.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Came to bring some stuff for my daughter who is at GMU and it was such a pleasant surprise to see Maryam at the front desk. we knew her from when she was a manager at Mason Inn.
she remembered us and she even remembered our name. we are very happy to have found her where she is now and frankly wish we knew sooner and we would have returned sooner to this particular hotel.
everyone was nice and what a nice warm free breakfast.
Maryam is a good asset to your hotel and we look forward to seeing her for the next 2 years to come.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I returned to the area, two years later and this hotel remains a great value. Joanne the GM is still at breakfast mingling with guest, the rooms are clean, the breakfast is great and most every staff member is so friendly. A great new asset is Miriam who goes out of her way to make sure she addresses all guests coming and going. The only real issue was who I found out later is the new Assistant Manager who was quite rude to his own team, but I am sure this will be dealt with. The room lay-out of the SpringHill, or least this one is perfect for business travel.

Room Tip: I had room 101 both times, and I found it very accessible.
Green Features: It is very well maintained hotel! I am not fully aware of their "green policy"
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Reading, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

In spite of a couple of glitches, I found this hotel a very nice one and also have decided that I will return there the next time I am in that area. My only complaints - when I arrived in my room, there was a used washcloth and the bar of hand soap was opened and laying on the little soap dish, obviously used. It didn't inspire much confidence in me but I inspected everything else in the room and it appeared to be very clean. Not sure how this was missed. I stayed for two nights and the room itself was very nice with a separate living area and bedroom. I was alone but I could see the advantage to the room layout if I were traveling with someone else. The internet was easy to access and fast enough to please me. The breakfasts were nothing exceptional, the same fare that you get at most of these breakfasts. The young lady working there was very pleasant and we discussed my reason for being in the area which was to do some hiking with friends. The next morning, she remembered me and asked me how the hiking went. I wish I had gotten her name but I was very impressed with her.

My only other complaint is that I paid for my stay with a credit card and when I got home, I accessed my bank online to pay the card off. I was upset to see an additional $40 above the amount of my receipt on the card. I called the hotel immediately and was told that they initially add a surcharge of $20 a night until the card clears. I wasn't happy with this but wondered what would happen if I had been near the limit of my card and that $40 would have put me over the edge and caused overlimit fees. As of today, the extra charges are still on my account. It would have been nice to be forewarned about this.

The little kitchen area was also nice and I was happy to store my leftovers from the restaurant where I had dinner. There are not a lot of eating spots readily visible from the hotel and I had to drive around a little to find a place to eat so I was glad for the leftovers my second night there.

If you go prepared for the extra charges, this hotel was a good one with easy access to the parks that I was hiking in. If I would have wanted to head into Washington DC, I was also in easy driving distance.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a group of four women stay in our room during a conference in early August. We had no issues with the room, and felt that the over all space was nice. It was a partially divided area; two beds separate from the couch/living area. We appreciated that it had two sinks (one was a wet bar), that we could use while we were all trying to get ourselves ready in the morning. The only issue we really had was with the front desk staff. It was after 11:00 pm and I realized most of us are not at our best at that hour, but the woman who we spoke to while paying for the few snacks we purchased was so unfriendly/not customer oriented - no matter how nice/friendly we were to her. Again, none of us have a smile for others every minute. On a better note, the breakfast was typical but good.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I first found this hotel last year when returning from Virginia Beach. I live in New York, so it was a good halfway point between the two locations. Also, it wasn't directly in DC, which was a huge plus for us!
This hotel is a typical Marriott, in the sense that it is very clean, and has been taken care of very well. The rooms are decent sized, and very modern! The bathrooms are also pretty big, and very tidy. The breakfast in the morning is decent, though don't try the sausage! The parking garage works out great, and is easy to get in and out. I didn't get a chance to use the pool, but it looks very nice! All and all, this is a great hotel! And for the money (we usually got rooms around $69), I honestly don't think there's anything better! Will continue to stay here!!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

My family and I stayed at the Springhill Suites for 2 nights for a short trip to DC. I chose this hotel because it offered a shuttle to the Vienna metro which made it convenient to go into DC. We ended up not even using the shuttle since it was an easy ~10 minute drive to the metro station. We weren't at the hotel other than to sleep, but we had a good stay. The beds were firm (which I liked) and the bathroom was adequate. The carpet was a little dirty with a very noticeable stain in the middle of it, but the rest of the room was very clean. The layout was a little strange with the TV being on the wall in between the bedroom area and the sitting area. We had to tilt the TV to watch it from the bedroom. Not a big deal, but would have been better if TV was in the center of the room. Only other thing I didn't like was that there was only toiletries for one guest, not three like us. It would have been nice to have enough toiletries for all three of us. There were enough towels provided. What we really liked was the complimentary breakfast. There was a waffle maker, eggs, potatoes, pastries and breads, fresh fruit, cereal and granola and more. It was a very nice way to start the day. There aren't any restaurants within walking distance but there are a ton within a 2-mile radius. If we go back to DC I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We had room on second floor which was fine.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I wanted to congratulate the morning staff that handles the breakfast in the morning. I spent a week there and each and every morning they are courteous and hard working. Considering the amount of people that come through the hotel and are at breakfast every morning, they do a good job maintaining the food and keeping the area cleaned. Kudos..

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms are the same.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Been to SpringHill Suites Fairfax? Share your experiences!