“Great hotel and staff” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Chester, Virginia
“Great hotel and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My husband and I spent 3 nights while moving our daughter to GMU. The hotel and staff was great. We highly recommend this Springhill Suites. There are nice restaurants close to the hotel. We felt safe in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

208 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had a group of four women stay in our room during a conference in early August. We had no issues with the room, and felt that the over all space was nice. It was a partially divided area; two beds separate from the couch/living area. We appreciated that it had two sinks (one was a wet bar), that we could use while we were all trying to get ourselves ready in the morning. The only issue we really had was with the front desk staff. It was after 11:00 pm and I realized most of us are not at our best at that hour, but the woman who we spoke to while paying for the few snacks we purchased was so unfriendly/not customer oriented - no matter how nice/friendly we were to her. Again, none of us have a smile for others every minute. On a better note, the breakfast was typical but good.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I first found this hotel last year when returning from Virginia Beach. I live in New York, so it was a good halfway point between the two locations. Also, it wasn't directly in DC, which was a huge plus for us!
This hotel is a typical Marriott, in the sense that it is very clean, and has been taken care of very well. The rooms are decent sized, and very modern! The bathrooms are also pretty big, and very tidy. The breakfast in the morning is decent, though don't try the sausage! The parking garage works out great, and is easy to get in and out. I didn't get a chance to use the pool, but it looks very nice! All and all, this is a great hotel! And for the money (we usually got rooms around $69), I honestly don't think there's anything better! Will continue to stay here!!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My family and I stayed at the Springhill Suites for 2 nights for a short trip to DC. I chose this hotel because it offered a shuttle to the Vienna metro which made it convenient to go into DC. We ended up not even using the shuttle since it was an easy ~10 minute drive to the metro station. We weren't at the hotel other than to sleep, but we had a good stay. The beds were firm (which I liked) and the bathroom was adequate. The carpet was a little dirty with a very noticeable stain in the middle of it, but the rest of the room was very clean. The layout was a little strange with the TV being on the wall in between the bedroom area and the sitting area. We had to tilt the TV to watch it from the bedroom. Not a big deal, but would have been better if TV was in the center of the room. Only other thing I didn't like was that there was only toiletries for one guest, not three like us. It would have been nice to have enough toiletries for all three of us. There were enough towels provided. What we really liked was the complimentary breakfast. There was a waffle maker, eggs, potatoes, pastries and breads, fresh fruit, cereal and granola and more. It was a very nice way to start the day. There aren't any restaurants within walking distance but there are a ton within a 2-mile radius. If we go back to DC I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We had room on second floor which was fine.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I wanted to congratulate the morning staff that handles the breakfast in the morning. I spent a week there and each and every morning they are courteous and hard working. Considering the amount of people that come through the hotel and are at breakfast every morning, they do a good job maintaining the food and keeping the area cleaned. Kudos..

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms are the same.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Sam diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed at the springhill suites in fairfax for a few weeks for business and it was an all around enjoyable experience. The staff was always friendly and helpful. The hotel is kept spotless and well manicured. There is a nice patio and outdoor seating. I would highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed August 2014
Kingston, Jamaica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My mom and I stayed for a long weekend, from Thursday to Monday, while we attended a conference, shopped and did some sightseeing. The hotel itself was very clean and well maintained, our room was very comfortable, bathroom was great, bed was comfy. Breakfast was also very satisfying. The thing that was best though were the staff. From the front desk team members to the shuttle driver to the housekeepers, they were friendly and very helpful. The only drawback for me was that the shuttle didn't operate on the weekends and that was not convenient for me because I was visiting from another country. However, even though that was the hotel's policy, they still made an exception on Saturday morning to take us to our conference. That was definitely trying to satisfy the customer and I appreciated that. I definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
JoAnne R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Hi Kristine B, Thank you so much for letting us know how your stay was at our hotel, and your experience was great. We do everything we can to make sure our guests stay exceed their expectations, and I feel as if we did that in your case. Our hotel is clean, confortable, up-to-date decor, and our breakfast recently changed to include many new items. We appreciate your comments on our associates, and will pass your information on to them. I do apologize for the shuttle schedule on Saturday, but glad, we were able to accommodate your request. I hope that if you return to our area, you will let us know, and and hope to see you again.

Been to SpringHill Suites Fairfax? Share your experiences!