“Morning Breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Oakland, California
“Morning Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I wanted to congratulate the morning staff that handles the breakfast in the morning. I spent a week there and each and every morning they are courteous and hard working. Considering the amount of people that come through the hotel and are at breakfast every morning, they do a good job maintaining the food and keeping the area cleaned. Kudos..

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms are the same.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Sam diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the springhill suites in fairfax for a few weeks for business and it was an all around enjoyable experience. The staff was always friendly and helpful. The hotel is kept spotless and well manicured. There is a nice patio and outdoor seating. I would highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed August 2014
Kingston, Jamaica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

My mom and I stayed for a long weekend, from Thursday to Monday, while we attended a conference, shopped and did some sightseeing. The hotel itself was very clean and well maintained, our room was very comfortable, bathroom was great, bed was comfy. Breakfast was also very satisfying. The thing that was best though were the staff. From the front desk team members to the shuttle driver to the housekeepers, they were friendly and very helpful. The only drawback for me was that the shuttle didn't operate on the weekends and that was not convenient for me because I was visiting from another country. However, even though that was the hotel's policy, they still made an exception on Saturday morning to take us to our conference. That was definitely trying to satisfy the customer and I appreciated that. I definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
JoAnne R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Hi Kristine B, Thank you so much for letting us know how your stay was at our hotel, and your experience was great. We do everything we can to make sure our guests stay exceed their expectations, and I feel as if we did that in your case. Our hotel is clean, confortable, up-to-date decor, and our breakfast recently changed to include many new items. We appreciate your comments on our associates, and will pass your information on to them. I do apologize for the shuttle schedule on Saturday, but glad, we were able to accommodate your request. I hope that if you return to our area, you will let us know, and and hope to see you again.

Neosho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My daughters and I stayed here while one of my daughters attended student orientation at George Mason University. It's a nice property with spacious, comfortable mini-suites. The lobby is attractive and the breakfast provided is adequate, nothing fancy. The elevators were a bit slow and the laundry facility could have had more than one washer/dryer set because it tended to stay busy.

The beds were comfortable, the living room type area was a plus as well.

There isn't much adjacent to the hotel and since we arrived without a vehicle, it was a little bit of an inconvenience until we rented a car from the Hertz desk in the lobby.

I plan to stay here again when I return to Fairfax with my daughter to move into the dorms in a few weeks.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hello Murphy L, Thank you for giving us your comments, and glad that we are so close the GMU, that you were able to get there quickly. We always like feedback on our amenities, and you enjoyed our breakfast, and other amenities and I am sorry, that we our Guest Operated Laundry was busy during your stay, and we can certainly evaluate and make changes if possible. I hope that we exceeded your expecations, and that is always our goal. If you return to our area, please let us know, so we can upgrade your room. Have a great summer and see you soon.

Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

The hotel is nice. Free breakfast and parking. The gym is small and the elevator is extremely slow. Overall nice place to stay. The staff are very friendly.................................................

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
JoAnne R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Tommy73, Thank you for writing about your stay, and we are glad that you felt our Breakfast Buffet and Parking garage, were a good part of your stay, but that the size of our Fitness Center was small, and the elevator was slow. These comments help us to better the hotel, and evaluate our Fitness Center size, and fine tune the elevator speed. We do look forward to seeing you again if you return to the area, and will make sure you have a great experience in the future.

Lodi, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Stayed for a week for business. Bed was very comfy, and room was spacious. Breakfast was always hot and lots of choices. Pol was very small, and fitness center was lacking. Otherwise, it was a great stay,and I would saty again. Close to shopping and numerous restaurants

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
JoAnne R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Hello, Joshascr, On behalf of the SpringHill Suites, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay, in that you were here for several weeks, which is a long time away from home. Recognizing our staff as friendly and helpful, is a great comment, and I will definately pass on your comments to them, and I know they will appreciate this.

I am glad you found time to relax on our outdoor terrace, and we take pride in keeping it clean, and well maintaitained for your leisure time. I hope that when you return to our area, you will let me know so that we can make sure make sure your next visit is just as great.

Sevierville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

SpringHill Suites by Marriott on Waples Mill Rd., Fairfax, Va is a great place to stay. The property is very clean and is in an excellent location right off of I-66 near Fair Oaks Mall. It is easy to get just about anywhere in Northern Virginia and the Washington D.C. areas. The staff is courteous and helpful and they are available most of the time. Usually at least two employees were found in the lobby area willing to help, answer questions and provide informations concerning places to eat in the nearby area.

The rooms are well arranged and extremely comfortable. The modern decor in the living area was inviting and the free wifi access at a large desk is great for people who need to work while traveling or just staying just outside the nations capital. The small kitchenett had a small sink, refridgerator and a micorwave and a large countertop space that makes it great for keeping snacks in the room for those down times when you do not want to go out to get something to eat.

The rooms are quiet with no sounds coming from next door or from the hallway. The shades in the window looking to the outside allow plenty of light but do not allow anyone from outside to be capable of looking into the rooms. There are also darkening curtains that can be closed for sleeping. The beds are extremely comforatable and there are plenty of nearby outlets for needed electronics. I had no trouble finding adequate space on the bedside table to plug in and use my cpap equipment that I used during sleep. The lighting in the room is exceptional with not just a ceiling light and bedside lamp but also two small spot lights that can be adjusted to just the amount of light you want to be able to read in bed or just to provide a dim light for sleep time.

If you are planning a trip to the Northern Virginia area or to Washington D.C. but do not want to deal with a lot of traffic, give this hotel a try. The price is very reasonable and the accomodations excellent.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
JoAnne R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Dear StanB,
Thank you for your comments, and I am glad that you thought our amenities were acommodating for your stay. Our suites have a ergonomic desk, microwave, refrigerator, and since we are a new hotel, our suites are designed for relaxing, and comfortable experiences. It seems that we were a good choice for your travels, and our convenient location and short discance to the Fairfax activities, and Washington, D.C. help our travelers get to where they want to sghtsee. Thanks again, and if there was anything, that we could have done to make your stay better, please let us know. We strive to exceed your expectations, and look to see you again when in our area.

Been to SpringHill Suites Fairfax? Share your experiences!