On our way to see family in Virginia, we stopped at SpringHill Suites for the night. The hotel seems like it is fairly new. The lobby looks fresh and recently done, and the entire hotel is welcoming, clean and comfortable.
Our room was on the 1st floor, close to the lobby, At first, I wondered about noise, but when we opened the door, we realized the living area was closest to the hallway, not the bed. The room was spacious, with a kitchenette (including fridge!) and a nice sofa and desk. We watched TV in there and had a snack before heading to bed.
The bed was comfortable and the sleep, quiet. The bathroom is large, as well.
Breakfast was nice, and when I went down to grab something a little past "closing time" the employee cleaning up was helpful and nice.
I used the fitness room which, while small, had all I needed. There are some free weights, 2 treadmills, two elliptical machines and a bike. There are no mats though for floor exercises. I made do.
One issue. Though when we checked in, the employee at the front desk told us the pool opened at 5am, it did not open until 4pm, because they required a lifeguard on duty, This stunk because the reason we selected this hotel was because they had an indoor pool. This may cause us to think twice about booking again.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Fairfax Hotel Fairfax
- Springhill Suites Fairfax Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New SpringHill Suites Fairfax includes All Suites Featuring a Heated Indoor Pool, State of the Art Fitness Center, Market Pantry with meals, snacks, beer, wine, cheese, and soft drinks. Suites with 32" LCD HD TV's, Free Premium Cable, In suite coffemaker and coffee, Microwave, Wet Bar, Refrig, Iron, Ironboard, two- two line phones, Free Internet, wired and wireless, I-Pod Docking station with AM/FM radio, Accessible rooms, Free Business Center, Free Local Calls, Complimentary Garage Parking, and Meeting room space for all occasions holding 60 persons. The hotel is centrally located in beautiful Fairfax convenient to Fair Oaks Mall, Starbucks, Denny's, McDonalds, Chilis's, Boston Market, and walking distance to many other restuarants. GMU and the Patriot Center, are 1 mile, with a short drive to the Udvar-Hazy Air Space Museum and Washington DC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Marriott, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your SpringHill Suites Fairfax reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.