“Nice” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
tokyo
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Everything is very nice here, except the breakfast which can be better. We loved our stay at this hotel and we do recommend it.The front desk guys are really helpfull. Was really nice that we could live our stuff at the reception after our check-out.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
JoAnne R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Hello Ilovesanta, I appreciate your comments on our hotel, and we did just increase our variety of options for our guests, and I am sorry that you did not feel that we had what you were looking for. I hope that our other amenities were great, and that you will come back to see us again, if you are in the area. Please let us know you are coming so that we can upgrade your suite.

206 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Booked our room the night before travel and got a great AAA rate of $71 for king suite with sofa-bed, far lower than older style hotels in the area. Larger rooms than standard, but slightly smaller than Embassy Suites. Only issues were badly stained couch cushions and blankets less than fresh. Towels were good quality, with excellent shower pressure, and complimentary Paul Mitchell shampoo/conditioner. Unique LED lighting above bed with 2 dimmer switches that we used as night lighting. Small in-room 'fridge and wet bar at front of room. Wireless and Ethernet free and fast. Parking garage with 3 levels for adequate parking. Breakfast buffet fully stocked with eggs, sausage, croissant, bagels, yogurt, granola, fruit, etc. Also waffle makers that I believe are only offered on weekends. Staff very friendly, Check-in clerk was GMU grad student who was engaging and attentive. Would easily stay here again when visiting our daughter at George Mason.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hello Toe2ner, I am so glad that your stay was one that you had noticed many of our amenities, and we just started to use the Paul Mitchell products in our suites, as well as increase our hot breakfast items with crossants, deli ham, cheese, fresh strawberrier, 8 toppings for our homemade oatmeal, several kinds of sweet breads, cereals, and of course eggs, and bacon or sausage. It is nice to see that our guests take advantage of our parking garage also, that keeps your vehicle under cover and out of the elements of weather. I am sure that being so close to GMU, will help you when you return to the area, and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Fairfax
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Good hotel my family and I stayed in this hotel and it was a good hotel it has friendly people and a good lobby and a good breakfast. and it has a good swimming pool. the room is very nice. I hope visit this hotel in next time

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Hello HafidN, I appreciate your writing good comments on our hotel, and we did just change and add many new items to our breakfast and glad that you had a good stay. I hope that you will visit us again soon. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay.

Huntersville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stayed here for two nights while visiting family in the fairfax area, and I would absolutely not recommend this place to anyone. The hotel room was so filthy it made me disgusted to have to stay there, but it was too late to find another hotel. There were stains all over the floors, all over pretty much everything. The bathroom was actually not that bad, but the stains everywhere just sicked me out. The worst part was the mattress. The first night I didn't look at it, (shudder) but I did the second day and I was so upset that I had slept on it the first night. It was covered with all sorts of stains. I called the front desk and they were very polite and brought me another mattress, but it was also stained. In the end, after trying a third mattress out, and piling up extra sheets, I managed to sleep there, but would never ever go there again. The breakfast buffet was pretty crappy, and they had it all cleaned up by 9 am so not even any coffee left. If I ever go to the fairfax area again, I will not stay here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
JoAnne R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Hello Honeylips, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to let us know that there was a problem with the mattress, and breakfast service. While we did try to resolve it, and we strive to make sure all our guests have a great experience, and based on your comments, we did not do this for you. I will definately make sure that we share your comments with our Housekeeping Department, and hope that you would contact me if you return to our area, so that we can upgrade your suite, and provide you with a different experience and allow us to redeem ourselves. Please let me know if you return to the area.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I knew I was going to enjoy my stay within the first two seconds of walking through the front door. The front two front desk attendants were the nicest I've encountered in all of my travels, plus they gave us great food recommendations and just made the whole trip to Fairfax, VA awesome!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
JoAnne R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Hi Kraisij, Thank you for letting us know about your stay, and our service at our hotel is our greatest amenity, and we value all our guests and I hope that you will come and see us again soon. We do have great restuarant choices in our area, and many are local favorites. Please let us know if you are returning to Northern Virginia, so that we can provide you with great service and a special checkin amenity. See you soon !!

West Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Front desk staff full of welcoming & attentive energy! Loved the lobby decor. The room was a nice surprise - a two room suite. Living room/office/tv area, bedroom, large bath area. Wonderful breakfast buffet. We'll be back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hi David K and family, Thank you for giving us your comments, and I am glad that you had a great stay, and enjoyed our amenities, and spcially our new Breakfast items. SpringHill Suites strives to keep improving on our service, amenities, and making sure all our guests will come back time and time again. We do pass on your comments to our associates, and look forward to seeing you again soon. Please let me know, when you might return to our area, and we can give you a special amenty at checkin. Look forward to your future visit.

charleston, il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel property several times and are always pleased with the room...a wall divider separates a desk/sleeper sofa from the bedroom area providing a feeling for two separate rooms...very spacious, clean, living area...bathroom lavatory is separate from the shower and toilet area which allows two people to get ready simultaneously...comp breakfast buffet provides several 'hot' food items along with cereal, fruit, rolls/doughnuts...have never used the pool but it's indoors...fitness center is small with limited equipment...each time there have been bus tour groups with youths so because of the price, this is very popular property for large groups...but it's quiet so noise has never been a problem...highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
JoAnne R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Hi David K, We appreciate your taking the time to tell us about your visit, and so glad that you had a great experience, and we have changed and improved our hot breakfast recently, and like to get feedback from our guests. We strive to give our guests a experience that will hopefully bring you back to our hotel, and we hope to see you again soon. Please let us know, when you return, so that we can upgrade your suite. Have a great day.

Been to SpringHill Suites Fairfax? Share your experiences!