“Good” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Fairfax
“Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Good hotel my family and I stayed in this hotel and it was a good hotel it has friendly people and a good lobby and a good breakfast. and it has a good swimming pool. the room is very nice. I hope visit this hotel in next time

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

JoAnne R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Hello HafidN, I appreciate your writing good comments on our hotel, and we did just change and add many new items to our breakfast and glad that you had a good stay. I hope that you will visit us again soon. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Huntersville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stayed here for two nights while visiting family in the fairfax area, and I would absolutely not recommend this place to anyone. The hotel room was so filthy it made me disgusted to have to stay there, but it was too late to find another hotel. There were stains all over the floors, all over pretty much everything. The bathroom was actually not that bad, but the stains everywhere just sicked me out. The worst part was the mattress. The first night I didn't look at it, (shudder) but I did the second day and I was so upset that I had slept on it the first night. It was covered with all sorts of stains. I called the front desk and they were very polite and brought me another mattress, but it was also stained. In the end, after trying a third mattress out, and piling up extra sheets, I managed to sleep there, but would never ever go there again. The breakfast buffet was pretty crappy, and they had it all cleaned up by 9 am so not even any coffee left. If I ever go to the fairfax area again, I will not stay here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
JoAnne R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Hello Honeylips, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to let us know that there was a problem with the mattress, and breakfast service. While we did try to resolve it, and we strive to make sure all our guests have a great experience, and based on your comments, we did not do this for you. I will definately make sure that we share your comments with our Housekeeping Department, and hope that you would contact me if you return to our area, so that we can upgrade your suite, and provide you with a different experience and allow us to redeem ourselves. Please let me know if you return to the area.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I knew I was going to enjoy my stay within the first two seconds of walking through the front door. The front two front desk attendants were the nicest I've encountered in all of my travels, plus they gave us great food recommendations and just made the whole trip to Fairfax, VA awesome!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
JoAnne R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Hi Kraisij, Thank you for letting us know about your stay, and our service at our hotel is our greatest amenity, and we value all our guests and I hope that you will come and see us again soon. We do have great restuarant choices in our area, and many are local favorites. Please let us know if you are returning to Northern Virginia, so that we can provide you with great service and a special checkin amenity. See you soon !!

West Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Front desk staff full of welcoming & attentive energy! Loved the lobby decor. The room was a nice surprise - a two room suite. Living room/office/tv area, bedroom, large bath area. Wonderful breakfast buffet. We'll be back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hi David K and family, Thank you for giving us your comments, and I am glad that you had a great stay, and enjoyed our amenities, and spcially our new Breakfast items. SpringHill Suites strives to keep improving on our service, amenities, and making sure all our guests will come back time and time again. We do pass on your comments to our associates, and look forward to seeing you again soon. Please let me know, when you might return to our area, and we can give you a special amenty at checkin. Look forward to your future visit.

charleston, il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel property several times and are always pleased with the room...a wall divider separates a desk/sleeper sofa from the bedroom area providing a feeling for two separate rooms...very spacious, clean, living area...bathroom lavatory is separate from the shower and toilet area which allows two people to get ready simultaneously...comp breakfast buffet provides several 'hot' food items along with cereal, fruit, rolls/doughnuts...have never used the pool but it's indoors...fitness center is small with limited equipment...each time there have been bus tour groups with youths so because of the price, this is very popular property for large groups...but it's quiet so noise has never been a problem...highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
JoAnne R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Hi David K, We appreciate your taking the time to tell us about your visit, and so glad that you had a great experience, and we have changed and improved our hot breakfast recently, and like to get feedback from our guests. We strive to give our guests a experience that will hopefully bring you back to our hotel, and we hope to see you again soon. Please let us know, when you return, so that we can upgrade your suite. Have a great day.

Avon, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I had a group of 11 rooms for 1 week. We were visiting DC and preferred to stay outside of the city. This hotel is in a great location for stores, restaurants, and everythiing else. The hotel also had a very comfortable, spacious room. The breakfast was good but not the best I've had. The staff was very kind and took care of every need we had.
If you want to visit DC and be able to stay outside of the city then this is the place for you. They will take you to Metro and from there you are set. Or you can also take easy evening drives into town from the short distance away.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
JoAnne R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Hi Peterl23, We appreciate your comments on your group stay, and glad that you found our hotel with easy access to Washington DC, and also your feedback on our new breakfast items. We are trying to upgrade our new items on the breakfast, and value your comments, and will pass them on so that we can improve and make sure that all our guests have a great experience and stay. We look forward to seeing you again, if you are in our area, and hope that we can exceed your expecataions with our service, amenities and suites. Hope to see you soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

The room was very Nice and the bed was very comfortable.
There was a lot of parkingspace in the garage.
The staff was very friendly.
The breakfastarea was not clean, the floor was very sticky some of the gast had spilled sommething on the floor but the day after the floor was stil stickey.
The breakfast on sunday was good including waffle makers. But on monday you could not make waffles because the wafflemakers where not there.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Manjoh, Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay, and you thought our parking garage was a great amenity. I know that you had a good comment on our guest suites, and like the waffle, while we have the waffles on the weekends, our brand is asking us for comments on the weekday offering. Your comments will be passed on and we certainly want to provide you and all our guests with the experience and service you deserve. Please let us know if you return to the area, so that we can assure you of a daily waffle during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Been to SpringHill Suites Fairfax? Share your experiences!