My wife and I had a doctor's appointment in the area and stayed at the Fairfax Springhill Suites for one night. This was the second time here and it was a different experience. We made the reservation 6 days in advance and requested a lower room with a king bed. We received an e-mail confirmation for the room request. When we checked in we were told we had king but not on the first floor. They said they had a room on the first floor but it was 2 doubles. We decided to take it to avoid the extra walking. The TV was working but many of the channels were not working. After calling the front desk, the girl said she would get back to us. An hour and half later (around 6:30PM) we called again and they said someone would be there in the morning. The breakfast was average for a Marriott property.The next morning the shower light went out while I was showering.. An added aside, when we checked in the front desk person asked what are business was.. I had remembered an earlier reviewer on Trip Adviser mentioned he had the same question put to him and he felt it intrusive. I asked the front desk guy why the question and he said the manager wants them to ask. This was a first time I encountered this at a Marriott.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Fairfax Hotel Fairfax
- Springhill Suites Fairfax Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New SpringHill Suites Fairfax includes All Suites Featuring a Heated Indoor Pool, State of the Art Fitness Center, Market Pantry with meals, snacks, beer, wine, cheese, and soft drinks. Suites with 32" LCD HD TV's, Free Premium Cable, In suite coffemaker and coffee, Microwave, Wet Bar, Refrig, Iron, Ironboard, two- two line phones, Free Internet, wired and wireless, I-Pod Docking station with AM/FM radio, Accessible rooms, Free Business Center, Free Local Calls, Complimentary Garage Parking, and Meeting room space for all occasions holding 60 persons. The hotel is centrally located in beautiful Fairfax convenient to Fair Oaks Mall, Starbucks, Denny's, McDonalds, Chilis's, Boston Market, and walking distance to many other restuarants. GMU and the Patriot Center, are 1 mile, with a short drive to the Udvar-Hazy Air Space Museum and Washington DC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Tingo and Otel so you can book your SpringHill Suites Fairfax reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.