“Good for visiting GMU” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Good for visiting GMU”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Just stayed at this facility during business trip. Convenient location to visit GMU. Rooms clean, and friendly staff. Breakfast included.
No surprises which is good. Everything worked in the room, parking is OK.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
JoAnne R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Hello LTA9, Thank you for your comments and the fact that you were able to get to the GMU campus easily. We do value your comments, and thank you for letting us know about your stay. We have just implemented new breakfast items, and hope that if you return to our area, we can give you a great stay, while visitng GMU. Please let us know when you are returning, so that we can upgrade your suite.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Voorhees, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Excellent rooms with all amenities. Close to Leesburg Premium Outlet, Tyson's Corner Galleria if you love shopping and very close to D.C. for sight seeing. Met our expectations, in fact, did better than I expected,

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hello LakshmiM, Thank you so much for letting us know about your stay, and that you were able to get to the outlet stores conveniently. We do strive to exceed our guests expecations, and we are very close to the Tyson's Corner Shopping Center, and other malls around us. We hope that you will come back to our area, and please let me know, so that we can upgrade your suite.

Newport News, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

This hotel is superior in every way. We were greeted with smiles and the staff is superb in every way. Excellent rooms with breakfast in the morning. There is covered parking. All in all a superb place to stay

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
JoAnne R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Hello Thomas C,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay, and we appreciate your comments, and glad that we exceeded your expectations. We believe that all our guests should leave with a thought of returning and if you do return to our area, please let us know, so that we can upgrade you. Have a great summer, and Thanks again. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I stayed here for only one night was very impressed by the hotel. It is a new hotel it seems so everything is pretty nice and the lobby was nicely decorated as well.

Rooms are nicely appointed and look good. Parking is convenient with a garage next door and location is very good.

I had a problem with hotel that wasn't really fixed. The wall controls for the AC didn't work and when I called the person on the phone was a little rude and insinuated that I didn't know how to use the controls. I had just stayed the night before in a different springhill suites and certainly know how to operate the controls. I asked for someone to come help and after 45 minutes called back to say nevermind because I wanted to go to bed.

The room was 80 degress, so it wasn't super pleasant the whole night.

Other than that small issue, I enjoyed my stay and it was packed at the bfast in the morning, but I had to leave quickly so I didn't get to take part in some free food!

would stay here again if I was passing through the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the garage for a somewhat decent view of the surrounding area.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
JoAnne R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear SMR_2,
Hello, and thank you for sharing your comments about your stay, and I am sorry that the AC unit control was not working properly. We do strive to make sure that our guests have a great experience and I hope that you will return to our area again, and let us prove that we can provide excellent service. I know you had other good comments and we appreciate your taking the time to let us know about them. Please let us know if you are returning, so that we can upgrade your suite.

General Manaer
Secaucus, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

My company has held conferences annually at this hotel for 3yrs in a row, and we really like the hotel. The staff is very friendly, always greeting us warmly. We used the conference room each night and played games and such and the staff never minded and would even help us setup if necessary. The rooms are always clean when i arrive, the internet has been solid over the course of the 10 days i've stayed in 3yrs, and the rooms have been spacious and modern. They have little mp3 docks so you can play music. They have a little lounging room with a chace lounger and desk. It feels like a mini apartment in some respects. It is missing a restaurant, which is somewhat normal, but they do have hot breakfast each day. Overall, it's one of the better hotels I have stayed at, that hasn't been some resort or $250+ a night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hello Tom S,
Thank you for giving us your comments on your stay, and we do appreciate your feedback, and that you like the MP3 player in the room, hot breakfast buffet, and other amenities. Wo do everything possible to make sure all our guests have a great experience, and I' m glad that you enjoyed staying at the new SpringHill Suites. I hope that if you return to our area, we can provide you with exceptional guest service again, and we look forward to seeing you soon.

General Manaer
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

As I walked through the door and into the lobby, the friendly woman at the desk said "I'm so glad you came back. I forgot to get your id." Even my puzzled look and "huh?" didn't clue her that I had just arrived. It was one of those "they all look alike" moments. Once she realized I had just gotten there and confirmed my reservation, she said "business or pleasure?" Now this was beyond her control, but I was traveling to attend a close family member's funeral, so it was an awkward question to answer. Anyway, none of this kept my stay from being good. The room was clean, attractive, well appointed, and comfortable. The only downside was the air condition/heating unit fan motor was REALLY loud. By morning it had quieted considerably to a normal fan sound and remained that way for the rest of our 3 night stay. It was a really good place to stay and I would definitely choose it again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
JoAnne R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Hello, CJonton,
I wanted to thank you for your comments and I am sorry that your AC unit was not up the standards of our hotel. We do strive to have exceeded your expectations and it seems we did not do that. Please accept our apology, and I hope that if you are in our area again, you will contact us, so that we can upgrade your stay. We value your feedback and hope to see you again.

Lebanon, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

This was the second time staying in this hotel on business and the staff was very pleasant and professional. The evening manager greeted me by name and made sure I was satisfied with my stay. The rooms were clean and and the breakfast buffet was well stocked.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
JoAnne R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Hello Alfi, Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments on your recent stay. I am pleased that our associates were helpful and most of all that your stay was great. I hope that if you are in our area again, that we can provide you with comfortable suites, and can exceed your expectations. Please let us know if we can help with future satys.

Sincerely

Been to SpringHill Suites Fairfax? Share your experiences!