“Very nice property” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Very nice property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stayed here over Thanksgiving while visiting family. The property is a newer property and has the new SpringHill design. The staff were all great and the property was clean. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. The only issue that I had was that one night I walked up to the front desk and the front desk agents were watching a movie with a laptop out. I didn't matter to me, however I know that it's not acceptable for a Marriott.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

207 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

The Springhill Suites Hotel in Fairfax Virginia is excellent. Marriott has hit it with the Springhill concept. It gives the guest two double beds and a pull out sofa so one can accommodate a family of five. But what was especially cool about the Fairfax site is the family feel. People congregate in the lobby/restaurant to sit and talk and drink coffee. The manager after meeting me once addressed me by my name! I was stunned. This is a large hotel! The price is right. The rooms are comfortable. The location is safe and the place is friendly. I would highly recommend this place.

Abington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I just spent a quick week end at this hotel while down visiting our daughter and grand children. I was very impressed with how friendly the staff is and how clean the rooms are. It appears to have been fairly recently redone and it is beautiful. It has everything you need, internet, exercise room and pool. While they do not have an actual restr. in the facilities they do provide an excellent breakfast buffet. We happenend to be there on a very busy week end but the staff somehow managed to keep up with the needs of the buffet.
The rooms are very comfortable with a lovely seperate sitting area.
This is a very convienent location with easy access to DC as well.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Getzville, Ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I can't say enough about this great hotel. The staff treated us like royalty, the room was quiet, the beds were comfy, and the location was only four miles from the Vienna Metro station. The hotel has their own mini parking ramp which makes it very convenient when it's raining.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel is right next to the Highway, which makes it easier to access. However you can stand wondering for sometime where to enter the hotel from as the entrance is not visible if you are approaching from Virginia. We had to make a small U turn and entered straight into the parking lot on the backside ( you will know when you are there ). The hotel looks new, very nice breakfast area, intelligent design and colorful. The night was good, I was very tiered and slept. I did not hear anything but my wife complained that there was some noise (some girls shouting), however I would say I have rarely seen hotels barring noise within rooms and lobby. Our rooms were conveniently located on the ground floor. The rooms are a little odd construction, but included an office desk and sofa. The wide space in the bathroom was good makes it more clean. However the paper lining on walls is not helping and over a time they will get dirty. if I am not wrong I saw red and green stains ( room 121) on the walls. but overall the room was very clean. Has a small little microwave and refrigerator (which was empty). A coffee maker and storage space in the bed room. Oh yes it had a flatscreen tv and comes with internet. Overall I liked it and will stay again if I go to DC. White house is just 15mins. Good location. A supermarket / Mall is very next to this hotel.

Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I was very impressed with this hotel. The rooms are clean and spacious. The breakfast included with the room rate is very nice. We had belgian waffles, scrambled eggs, a breakfast meat, fruit, cereals, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, etc... nice variety. The staff there are very nice and took the time to give detailed directions to great restaurants. The metro station is a short 5 mile drive. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
JoAnne R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Hello Rosebud123, Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. We do appreciate your comments, and that you were able to take advantage of our hot breakfast, and the metro is so close to the hotel. We do strive to exceed our guests expectations, and hope the you will stay with us again if you visit our area.

Regards, General Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

The rooms in were very nice & clean. Our room was very spacious with 2 double beds and a pullout couch. The bathroom was also clean and spacious. In our room the sink was separate from toilet and shower. There was a fridge, microwave, and another small sink with counter space. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The indoor "heated" pool was very cold but the kids enjoyed it. The common areas are not kept clean. The fitness room and equipment really need a good cleaning. The breakfast was small and food & coffee was not good. Overall the hotel is a great value. There are lot's of restaurants nearby. I would definitely stay here again.

Hello 5upstream,
Thank you for your review, and taking the time to write us about your stay. While I believe that our hotel is a great value, I am sorry that you did not have a great experience with our hot breakfast. We do want all our guests to enjoy our amenities, and we feel short. Please let us know if you in our area again, and give us a chance to make sure your have a great stay.

Sincerely, General Manager

Been to SpringHill Suites Fairfax? Share your experiences!