“Great Room but...” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Farmingdale, New York
“Great Room but...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

The hotel is new, has a friendly staff, very good breakfast, and you cannot help but appreciate the well lite and spacious parking garage. If arriving from the south you have to make a u-turn to get into the parking area/hotel driveway which is rather inconvenient but easy to do.

The one drawback on the hotel is the level of road noise that comes into the rooms. The angle of the hotel on the intersection means that both sides of the hotel cannot escape road noise. Fortunately the roadways are used almost exclusively by cars rather than large loud trucks.

Room Tip: Get a room toward the west end of the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
JoAnne R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our new hotel, and I am sorry that the entrance to the hotel is a little turnaround at the corner entrance. Our garage can provide a drive through to Government Center Parkway, a easier exit. I hope that if you return to our area, that you will let us know in advance, so that we can provide you with exceptioinal service, a great breakfast, and upgrade you. Again, thank you and hope to see you soon.

206 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

The staff make it a great stay. Comfy rooms. Good location for Northern Va. Plenty of food, drink, entertainment, shopping if u must, and outdoor opportunities. $5.00 movie Wednesday at the nearby 14 screen multiplex.

• Stayed December 2012
Cold Spring, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

This was a very pleasant place to spend four nights. We found our mini-suite room well appointed and very comfortable. The included breakfast offered many options, including several hot items, such as waffles, eggs, breakfast meat (which varied by day), oatmeal and mini-quiches. One feature that I have not seen too often elsewhere is the availability of beer and wine in the cold drinks cooler in the lobby.

More than anything what stood out for my wife and I was the uniformly pleasant and helpful service provided by the reception desk staff, the breakfast room attendant and the woman who serviced our room.

The hotel is located just off I 66 within a short drive to many restaurants, a shopping mall and other shopping areas, the Air and Space Museum in Chantilly, George Mason University and downtown Fairfax.

We would certainly stay here again and we recommend it to all.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Stayed one night Dec 6, 2012. Hotel was very clean and was a good location for my appointment.
Breakfast was pretty good. Staff was friendly but not overly friendly. Overall experience was good but not a "wow." I would stay again because of the location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Greenville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We recently stayed here and really enjoyed this place. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They went out of their way to make us feel welcome and appreciated. Our room was great. The decor was very modern, clean, and fresh. We would definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I stayed for 3 nights with my 11 year old nephew for his fall break from school. We drove to the Fairfax metro station each morning and took the train into D.C. (which of course he said was his favorite part of the trip...even above The Whitehouse, Monuments and Museums...lol). The room was modern but had just a slight smell of mildew though it wasn't enough to make me change rooms after an 8 hour drive getting there. In the hotel's defense, I'm extremely smell sensitive so others might not have even noticed.

Having the separate sitting area was nice for a kids to hang out and watch tv while the adult gets ready. The microwave and fridge were great too so we could save some money and eat dinner in the room and have a "midnight snack". The only thing I could wish is that the bathroom was just a tiny bit more plush. It was clean and perfectly fine but just a little utilitarian for my taste.

The free breakfast each morning was great and I loved that there was no charge for parking. The staff was great: a young lifeguard from Bulgaria kept me engaged with conversation about European travel while my nephew swam at the indoor pool at night. The manager even took our postcard to mail it for us and wouldn't accept money for the stamp (less than $.50 but still a nice gesture that goes a long way with me).

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed at this SpringHill Suites for one night. One of the nicest Springhills I have stayed at. You can tell these owners pay attention to the little details. Very clean and comfortable. A fair sized mall awaits across the street and lots of places to eat. I would highly recommend this property. Our drive into Washington for tours from this hotel at 8:30 am on a Monday was not that bad at all ( I had been prepared for far worse - just a typical North American big city commute) but it is a bit of a hike to the commuter train. They also have a covered parking garage.

I paid about a quarter of the cost I would have paid in Washington for a room and I found the metered parking in Washington plentiful and reasonable - I appreciate i was "off season". - so well worth the drive.

I should have done my homework - I did not realize how close it was to Manassas battlefield - I could have visited there as well

One of the nicest places we stayed on a two week trip. In a very nice area of Fairfax.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to SpringHill Suites Fairfax? Share your experiences!