“Clean and Acceptable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Clean and Acceptable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Stayed one night Dec 6, 2012. Hotel was very clean and was a good location for my appointment.
Breakfast was pretty good. Staff was friendly but not overly friendly. Overall experience was good but not a "wow." I would stay again because of the location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Greenville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We recently stayed here and really enjoyed this place. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They went out of their way to make us feel welcome and appreciated. Our room was great. The decor was very modern, clean, and fresh. We would definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I stayed for 3 nights with my 11 year old nephew for his fall break from school. We drove to the Fairfax metro station each morning and took the train into D.C. (which of course he said was his favorite part of the trip...even above The Whitehouse, Monuments and Museums...lol). The room was modern but had just a slight smell of mildew though it wasn't enough to make me change rooms after an 8 hour drive getting there. In the hotel's defense, I'm extremely smell sensitive so others might not have even noticed.

Having the separate sitting area was nice for a kids to hang out and watch tv while the adult gets ready. The microwave and fridge were great too so we could save some money and eat dinner in the room and have a "midnight snack". The only thing I could wish is that the bathroom was just a tiny bit more plush. It was clean and perfectly fine but just a little utilitarian for my taste.

The free breakfast each morning was great and I loved that there was no charge for parking. The staff was great: a young lifeguard from Bulgaria kept me engaged with conversation about European travel while my nephew swam at the indoor pool at night. The manager even took our postcard to mail it for us and wouldn't accept money for the stamp (less than $.50 but still a nice gesture that goes a long way with me).

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed at this SpringHill Suites for one night. One of the nicest Springhills I have stayed at. You can tell these owners pay attention to the little details. Very clean and comfortable. A fair sized mall awaits across the street and lots of places to eat. I would highly recommend this property. Our drive into Washington for tours from this hotel at 8:30 am on a Monday was not that bad at all ( I had been prepared for far worse - just a typical North American big city commute) but it is a bit of a hike to the commuter train. They also have a covered parking garage.

I paid about a quarter of the cost I would have paid in Washington for a room and I found the metered parking in Washington plentiful and reasonable - I appreciate i was "off season". - so well worth the drive.

I should have done my homework - I did not realize how close it was to Manassas battlefield - I could have visited there as well

One of the nicest places we stayed on a two week trip. In a very nice area of Fairfax.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I came to DC for a 2 night weekend trip with my 9 year old son for his birthday. We had planned on going into the city to visit the Smithsonian museums and decided to stay out of DC for cost reasons. I found Spring Hill Suites and was very pleased with our stay. There were four of us; myself, my son, my mother, and my 15 year old nephew. The staff was very welcoming upon our arrival and their courtesy continued throughout our trip. The room was a little smaller than expected (not a big deal) but we were very comfortable. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. We enjoyed breakfast very much and left the hotel for the day satisfied. My son loved making his own waffles! At one point, the gentlemen who checked us in passed my mother and greeted her by name and asked how her stay was. The hotel was very close to the metro station, about 5-7 minutes away, and to lots of restaurants and shopping. We are planning another trip to DC in the Spring and will definitely be staying at this hotel!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Brooklyn, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed at the SpringHill Suites Fairfax for one night. There is ample parking available. Not a very scenic location, but if you need to be in northern Virginia its not too bad. Not very easy access to public transit if you are heading into DC for the day.

The rooms were large and clean. Not traditional suites, as there is a small half wall that separates the bed area and the living area rather than two separate rooms. Think of it more as a large bedroom than a suite. There was a small kitchenette with a mini-fridge and microwave.

The lobby is nice. Very good continental breakfast with cereal, waffles, eggs, coffee, juice, etc. There is also a small shop next two reception that sells candy, drinks, microwavable meals, etc.

Overall, a decent choice but nothing outstanding.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I have been commuting from my home in PA to the DC area for many quarters now. After staying at hotels all over the world, the value for dollar that you get at this property is top-tier. The rooms are clean and comfortable (as you would expect from a typical Marriott property), the location is good, and most importantly, the staff is friendly and accommodating. From Abday and Parminder at the front desk, to Bryan in sales, the team in Fairfax has gone above and beyond to make my time there pleasant. In listenting to other guests chatting with employees, I can verify that my treatment is not unique.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to SpringHill Suites Fairfax? Share your experiences!