“Very Pleased and Impressed.” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
GreenLeadersBronze level
Alexandria, VA
“Very Pleased and Impressed.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

My family stayed at the SpringHill Suites in Fairfax Virginia while our power was out due to the recent storm. We were lucky to find such an affordable rate and a room at such a time. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The room was exceptionally clean and the breakfast was not just coffee and muffins, it was a variety of treats and quite tasty. The most memorable thing about our stay was when I accidentally forgot my iPAD in the room after check-out. Once we discovered it was missing we contacted the hotel and they immediately sprang into action to retrieve it. I am happy to say that my iPAD was returned to me safe and sound. I am very impressed by the honesty and integrity of this establishment and that means a lot to me especially in these times. Overall, I am very happy to say that there is no better place to stay when away from home!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms are very quite.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Typical SpringHill Suites hotel. Free breakfast was good. Not too far of a drive from the Vienna Metro station. High-speed wireless Internet. Parking is free on the weekends at the Metro. A really nice Weegmans grocery store is 2 blocks away.

Get the best rates by going Friday to Sunday night. Rate increases during the week. Book the weekend separately to get better rates. Book any weekdays during the weekend for a better rate.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Huntington Beach, California, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

This is a two year old extended stay suites hotel with very comfortable rooms. My wife and I and three of our young grandchildren stayed there during the storm and blackout at the end of June 2012 and again after power was restored a few days later. The rooms are well designed, comfortable, roomy and clean, but my comments are mostly about the staff. The personnel there definitely rose to the occasion and did all they could to solve the problems for the people staying there. Whatever we asked for they tried hard to provide, wether it was bedding, flashlights, advice or whatever. It was clear that the staff there understands that in times like this there is an opportunity to turn Marriott customers into Marriott friends, and they did it well. I would particularly like to mention Rebecca and Ryan at the front desk in that regard. When I come to Fairfax again, there is no doubt that I will stay at this hotel.

Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

The rooms were clean and very roomy. and the staff went way out of their way to help.They provided a shuttle, found phone numbers for pharmacies, gave excellent directions and couldn't be more genuine. Breakfast was above and beyond our expectations. This is now our "home" hotel when visiting our daughter at George Mason University.

Room Tip: We have been here twice and both rooms were acceptable. Quiet and no need to ask for special accomm...
Monroeville, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Fairfax Virginia was having their annual fair. My husband booked us into SpringHill Suites Fairfax Fair Oaks. The accesiblity from the highway made it easy to find. Check in was fast and friendly.The room was like most of the SpringHill Suites we had stayed at. There was no surprises. The room was clean and comfortable . It was booked but we didn't notice any noise.Breakfast is included . We had a nice choice of fresh foods.My husband liked all the waffles,eggs and sausage while I went for the hot oatmeal ,fruit and yogurt.The surrounding area seemed nice and would consider staying again when in Fairfax

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Preston, mn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Staff were very accommodating. Rooms were good. Breakfast was well rounded (not just pastries). Free shuttle to Metro is a nice touch not noted on website.

Bristol, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I stayed at the SprinHill Suites for 4 nights with a group of Girl Scout Families. We were there to take part in Girl Scouts Rock the Mall which celebrated 100 years of Girl Scouting. After seraching for a clean, safe and comfortable hotel for our group to stay at and trying to reach several other contacts at other hotels( who were not helpful at all), I was VERY HAPPY to come in contact with Bryan, who was our group contact at this hotel. He was VERY HELPFUL, always available to answer questions and helped to make sure everything was ready for our stay. The rooms were just like they are described and it was nice to have a wall that partially seperates the living area and the sleeping area. The room was very clean and had everything that we needed to make our stay comfortable. The beds and pillows were very comfortable and enabled us to get a good nights sleep after very busy days in DC. The staff was very trustworthy, in fact 1 day I accidently left an envelpoe which contained about $150 in cash on a table in the room and when we returned I was very happy to find that it was still exactly where I had left it. The morning breakfast and cookies at night are very nice touches. Since most of our time was spent in DC, we were very happy with the short drive to the metro station and the 30-40 minute commute on the metro to get to DC. The hotel is located in a very safe area. There are lots of places close by to eat at and there is a nice mall within a short driving distance which has several other places to eat at. If you are looking for a nice place to stay with a helpful staff, which is not overpriced and you do not mind a short commute to the city I would definately recommend staying at SpringHill Suites. I know that when we return to the area we will be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to SpringHill Suites Fairfax? Share your experiences!