Hubby & I were guests in this hotel in August during the earthquake! I was on the treadmill and hubby was showering in our room. The exercise room like in most hotels is in the basement of the hotel with the pool. The water in the pool was rolling and there were pipes banging, knocking, the floor was moving along with the treadmill moving. Yes, hubby was on the top floors with the building swaying back and forth! The hotel did not loose any glass that we knew of and the equipment in the basement stayed in tack!
Our room was not overly large but adequate. It was very clean and well taken care of by housekeeping. The big problem with the room was NO STORAGE! There were 2 small drawers under the tv stand for you to use and that was it! We had to live out of our luggage and that was not fun. The closet was normal size.
The hotel had a free shuttle service that would pick you up from the train service but it did not run all day and would only do pick-ups at the appointment time. We finished our business in Washington, DC early and called the hotel to see if the shuttle would pick us up before the pick-up time of 5:00pm and were told that they did not do early pick-ups. We ended up taking the train back to the station in VA and then taking a taxi to the hotel. We ended up paying $20.00 just to take a 10 minute drive back to the hotel. That was a bit of a downer but other than that the management staff and housekeeping staff members were absolutely wonderful at all times.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Fairfax Hotel Fairfax
- Springhill Suites Fairfax Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New SpringHill Suites Fairfax includes All Suites Featuring a Heated Indoor Pool, State of the Art Fitness Center, Market Pantry with meals, snacks, beer, wine, cheese, and soft drinks. Suites with 32" LCD HD TV's, Free Premium Cable, In suite coffemaker and coffee, Microwave, Wet Bar, Refrig, Iron, Ironboard, two- two line phones, Free Internet, wired and wireless, I-Pod Docking station with AM/FM radio, Accessible rooms, Free Business Center, Free Local Calls, Complimentary Garage Parking, and Meeting room space for all occasions holding 60 persons. The hotel is centrally located in beautiful Fairfax convenient to Fair Oaks Mall, Starbucks, Denny's, McDonalds, Chilis's, Boston Market, and walking distance to many other restuarants. GMU and the Patriot Center, are 1 mile, with a short drive to the Udvar-Hazy Air Space Museum and Washington DC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Marriott, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your SpringHill Suites Fairfax reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.