“Back to the Future?” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Frederick, Maryland
“Back to the Future?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

I couldn't tell if the design theme of the lobby or the room was 1958 or 2058. The modern, colorful design of the furniture, wall coverings and carpets was refreshing. I felt like I was back in Europe where modern hotels had simple designs and colorful interiors.

Clean rooms and nice flat screen TV. The front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating. I'm a large guy and my company booked a block of rooms. The front desk clerk changed my room to a king without me asking by being observant. The bed was great!

Breakfast in the lobby was good with hot items. Free covered parking and fast free wifi. I'd stay here again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

We booked 3 rooms at this hotel for the weekend 9/23-9/25 and found it exceptional for the price. The rooms were modern, clean and had nice linens. The hot breakfast was good with some variety offered daily (I.E. Bacon on Sat AM, Ham on Sunday AM). The covered parking garage was nice, clean and well lit. The staff was extremely friendly and knowledgeable about the local area. At $79/night, this was better than a lot of the Hampton’s I stay at for $149/night. Don’t expect 5 star accommodations for this value price but I would definitely stay here again if I were in the DC area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Phoenix Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

This Hotel is very nice, the rooms are clean, spacious, well thought out and comfortable. Beds are very comfortable and the recessed lights over the bed have a dimmer switch. TV Swivels for viewing from both living and bed area. All employees were very friendly and helpful and always smiling. Room was always clean upon return as well. Free Breakfast is nice but somewhat limited selection of hot foods. I gave this hotel 4 stars because of the exercise room. Very Small and cramped with little variety of cardio equipment, which was also dated and showing signs of age/wear. 3 people in the exercise room and it was cramped. I only used it one day. Marriott's are known for having horrible gym facilities. Nice Parking facility attached to hotel as well. I would stay here again and recommend this hotel

Room Tip: I was in room 207 and when someone ran the water/flushed toilet in room nearby pipes would make a ba...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Butler, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

This is our home away from home when visting family in Fairfax/DC metro area.
What makes this worth five hoots? The professional and courteous staff, clean rooms, a great (free) breakfast, parking garage, pool & fitness facility, as well as the location.
Free WiFi Interenet too!
The SpringHill also offers shuttle service to the Metro in Vienna - Mon. thru Fri.
If I traveled for business, this is the sort of place I would choose for my stay.

Room Tip: North side rooms may be louder due to street traffic, but not annoyingly loud. COLD A/C
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

My son and I stayed at this hotel before we drove into DC on vacation. Driving into DC was a bit overwhelming and, while we were at the desk getting directions, the general manager, Joanne, overheard my conversation with one of the desk clerks. I was lamenting the fact I didn't have a GPS and that I should have purchased one prior to embarking on our vacation. Joanne's staff was in the process of giving me directions to the nearest Target to purchase a GPS when Joanne intervened and said she would drive us there herself! Thank goodness she did because it is likely we would have wasted valuable vacation time trying to locate the store. After the drive, we offered to buy her lunch to thank her. She consented, but then picked up the tab! The customer service we received at this hotel was the best I have ever experienced in all my years of traveling. In addition to all of this, the hotel itself is a comfortable place to stay. The rooms are impeccably clean and I love the mini-kitchen area with sink, microwave and refrigerator. The sitting area in the room--complete with desk and sofa--is perfect. I would highly recommend staying at this Springhill Suites. Thank you, Joanne. You are #1 in courtesy and kindness!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Holland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

Very nice and new hotel. Rooms are big and very clean. There is a schedule for a small bus that brings you to the metrostation, so you can go downtown dc. Metro day pass for around $ 9 dollar per person. (valid after 09:30 am)Very handy and cheap. You have to make a reservation, because there is limited space in the bus, but it goes several times. Drivers were very friendly. Free internet in the lobby. Close to many restaurants and some shops. We would stay here for sure a next time. Breakfast is simple but good. You can sit outside, if you want.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Bryan101010, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, September 16, 2011
We are so glad that you stayed with us, and enjoyed our amenities. We certainly hope that if you come back tot he Fairfax area you will stay with us and hope that you recommend us to your friends and family.
Anderson, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

Hotel was able to accomodate mom, dad and three grown children in one room - definitely a plus. We checked in on July 1, 2011 and checked out July 7, 2011. The staff was extremely courteous and attentive. When we called down to the front desk for extra towels or items, someone was at our room within a few minutes. We particularly enjoyed the shuttle service to the Metro Station during the week. Save on gas and drop offs and pick ups were generally right on schedule. Enjoyed talking to the drivers and getting some tips on places to go and things to do. Everyone was very friendly. Internet service worked great and at no extra charge. The biggest plus, however, was the free morning breakfast. This was probably one of the best I had. Served buffet style, included eggs, meat, cereal, fruit, waffles, etc. Very delicious and saved a bundle on eating out. The hotel has a nice exercize room for those who haven't spent eight hours walking around Washington. The indoor pool was small, but staffed with a lifeguard. The only thing missing was a hot tub. I do not normally do hotel reviews but this one was exceptional in my opinion and for $62/night for a family of five, it couldn't be beat. Will definitely consider staying there again.

Room Tip: Retired military gave me the best rate
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your family vaction with us, and we are glad that you found our hotel with many amenities and especially our breakfast buffet. We do try to give many choices, that are both appetizing, healtyy and good variety for children and adults. I hope that if you return to our area, that you will stay with us again, and look forward to seeing you again.

Been to SpringHill Suites Fairfax? Share your experiences!