“A delightful Irish Pub” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Big Apple
“A delightful Irish Pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

During the last week of October 2012 and the first week of November 2012, we visited this pub twice. It is an active place with marvelous Irish music presented live.
Our food was most enjoyable. We had fish and chips the first time , and sandwiches the second time. Service was friendly and efficient.

Visited October 2012

81% Recommend
Fairfax, Virginia
“Fun Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This is a great Irish pub with good food and quality entertainment. It's been a favorite with my kids for years, they love the Shepherds pie and don't complain about eating the veggies that come with this dish.

Visited October 2012
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Nice authentic Irish evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We went on a Friday night which was busy, but there was no wait to be seated. There was entertainment (a man with his guitar singing Irish songs), and the baseball games on the tvs. Our server, (Adolpho?) was fabulous. He even remembered our son from the one time he was there before. Very knowledgeable about baseball! The food was very good, and they have a huge selection of beer n tap. Would definitely go again.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fairbank
“Favorite Irish Pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

This is probably my most visited spot. I even came here 2-3 times a week, whether it was with a friend, church group, or husband.

Likes: Awesome Shepherd's Pie. Every time I get it---super filling and just right (not too mushy and not too dry). Potato Leak soup is yummy! The steak salad was a hit with my sister!

The owner is constantly present and helping out. You may not see him every time but considering I went there a lot, I was surprised how many times I saw him waitering, cleaning off tables, making sure everyone is doing ok. Now that is a great and kind restaurant owner!

The "irish pub" ambience with words and quotes written on the walls all around in celtic-type fonts. The "library" (the room to the right when you walk right in) is cozy and awesome for a large group. Love the irish music nights too!

Awesome service. Sometimes it gets realllllly crowded and they apologize when it takes long. Most of the time, they are constantly there for you and very friendly! Stephanie and other waiters and waitresses were great! We know each other by names now!

Great variety on alcohol but I always get a Guinness so I can't say much about this area haha.
Note: I had my wedding dinner here! We got married in the historic courthouse right across the street and reserved the library for dinner for 15 people. It can fit around 22 people in the library. They were SO accommodating. When asked about where we can store my cake, they said they had a fridge in the back we can use. They were so great that day!

Had a nice quiet dinner one night during the week with my husband. This time, we were down in the basement when there wasn't a music show going on. The owner and another bartender was there serving us at the bar. We were the only ones eating and drinking at the bar and it was quite nice! It was as if we had a quite pub place to ourselves. The owner stopped by to check on us too and we told him we were the ones who had a wedding dinner the previous year.

Dislikes: Yes, it is always always busy, crowded and loud here on a Friday or Saturday night. There is a basement for music shows, so yes, it can get loud. At moments I had to yell to the person across the table to talk, but hey, it is a pub restaurant so you have to expect some of this! Come when it is not busy and you'll see a difference. I have experienced both.

Definitely recommend.

Visited September 2011
Springfield, Virginia
“Piece of Ireland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

What a great Irish themed restaurant! Food is very good, reasonably priced. Beer is good, wine selections okay. Music nice!

• Visited July 2012