“wonderful staff very clean” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
lynchburg
“wonderful staff very clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2009

We check in on Monday August 17th for one night - our TV was all snow I called the front desk and in less than a minute someone came and fix it - The room was very clean the pool was also clean - when we went to leave the next day we extend our stay unil 12 noon and the sales coordinator Brian help us - saying NO problem - i cannot say enough about this hotel -
Sue - Gladys VA

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2009

Booked the room for one night through the hotel's website with AAA discount. Paid about $95.00 including tax.
Front desk clerk was unfriendly but not rude. Again, no expectation.
Min. deco, small room with 2 double beds. No frills. Outdated bathroom and not so desirable toiletries. That is the reason why I always travel with my own.
Charge way too much for a 1 star hotel with nothing to offer.
Comfort Inn and its hotel chains should consider readjusting their price.
Yes! There were actually 2 staffs in the breakfast room. One outside the door to greet you and one inside to assist you plus clean up. Never occur to me that they are there to monitor guests and to guard the food. Now! That is strange and rude.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Virginia Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2009

Nearby hotel was booked and we checked in at the last minute. Agreeable to discount for AAA. $129 for 2 people, 2 double beds, frig, cooktop and microwave. Indoor pool quite lovely and can be opened for ventilation. Nice deck for sitting. Did not use breakfast because training site providing. The beds were comfy, especially the pillows. We both commented on them. Very quiet for sleeping.

I would consider this as a staging stop to visit DC with children. Pool is a plus and ability to refrigerate and cook food. (We used it for ice cream!)
Gift shop with great values and friendly staff. Shuttle to Metro. Convenient to Fair Oaks Mall and various dining options; close to Fairfax itself with variety of ethnic restaurants and GMU offerings.

Two negative comments: Chinese restaurant on premises is accessed by climbing up steps and crossing over an area. Smelled of smoke while the signs clearly stated a non-smoking venue. Seemed exclusive to Asian clientele.
WiFi in lobby did not work with my laptop. I never tried to access the cable in the room.

that said, I would book and stay here again. Convenient to metro and highway system, allowing access via Rte 123 and I-66 in addition to Metro.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
duham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2008

My stay at the Comfort in was average since I needed to stay in the area at an affordable price. I am not sure I would have enjoyed my stay as much paying full price. The room was pleasant in appearance although needed a carpet upgrade. The air conditioning was noisy and not as cool as I am use to (acceptable). The room smelled stuffy and old when the air was not on. I was not crazy about the foam pillows which hurt my neck overtime (too spongy).
The location was verry good to move around the area.
If you need a place to stay which is not for vacation, I would recommend the hotel. I liked the wireless internet, fitness room had good choices to choose for a workout. The included breakfast was also a help so you didn't have to leavel the hotel in the morning.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — room freshness
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank jnhistory
Roanoke Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2008

Beware of the breakfast police. There is actually a staff employee in the continental breakfast area who is allowed to question guest about the food on their plate. If she think that you have put more food on your plate then you can eat, she approaches you and states rudly that you are not allowed to take ANY food out of the breakfast area and definitely not up to your room. She yelled at me the first morning I was there. The next day she approached an elderly lady who was preparing breakfast for her and her husband. This employee rudly stated to this lady that she could not take any food to her room. This guest actually had to explain that she was just taking food to her husband who was already sitting down. The following morning, this same employee actually chased a guest down the hall who had a cup of coffee in her had and was finishing a piece of toast. I have never stayed at any hotel where you were not allowed to take a continental breakfast item to your room. Nor have I stayed at a hotel where an employee is allowed to confront, harass and intimidate a guest. Totally unacceptable. I will never stay there again.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — staff allowed to harass, confront and intimidate guest
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank drmom4
charlotte
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2007

this is the first time i stayed at washington...in the comfort inn...
but i can say that was not a memorable experience...
we checked into the hotel at around 10 30 in the night...
and we were alotted a room at 3rd floor..and to our surprise the elevator was outside the hotel building...and we had to take all our luggage and walk about 3 blocks distance in a windy chilled night with a temperature of 32 degrees...this s after a tiresome 7 hr journey...
the room was so small, clumsy and even the heater had no gud control over the temperature...
the rest room was really depressing...it was so small that one person coud not comfortly stand in it....
this s all for 70 bucks....and i beleive we were not granted the service equal to 70 bucks.....

• Liked — bed and the hair drier
  • Disliked — rest room, room heater, elevator
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank priyareddy
Altoona, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2006

We stayed at the Comfort Inn in fairfax on September 30th, 2006 for only one night. We got there a half hour before check-in, but the room wasn't ready. We waited until about 10 minutes after check in and the manager decided to upgrade us for free to a jacuzzi room. After this, everything went swimmingly. As stated before, the bathroom and jacuzzi setup is a bit bizarre, but we thought it was unique and interesting.
We found everthing in the room to be fine, except for some water spots on the ceiling. The room was very clean and I felt secure. The area of the hotel doesn't seem to be too bad. The room was quiet and peaceful at night with no noticable exterior noise. We went to the Nissan Pavilion for a concert, which was only 15 minutes away. It was pretty close to D.C. too with an easy drive there.
The breakfast was your typical continental, nothing special but it was what I expected. Overall, we found the staff to be helpful, the hotel to be clean, and the experience to be positive.

• Liked — Clean
  • Disliked — Room wasn't ready
  • Tips/Secrets — There are no snack machines but there is a 7-11 right outside the lobby
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple