“GMU parents” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 22 hotels in Fairfax
Rocky Mount, Virginia
“GMU parents”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

My wife and I stay here 4-5 times a school year. We have had various experiences over the past 2 years. This past year we have been pleased with our stay. The hotel is very comfort inn generic. You stay at one you will see the same in all. Décor and breakfast bars all look the same. The staff and attention to details make the difference. I would recommend this property for a short stay. Bring your own pillows and the beds are very average at best. I would not pay more than 70-80 dollars a night for this hotel. If you can stay for 50 or less it is worth the money. Reserve a head of time to get a better rate.

Room Tip: Beds are very average. Bring your own pillows.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Comfort_Inn_Fairfax, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn University Center, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Michael,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us, we always welcome feedback from our guests so we can continue to improve our services. The similar feeling you get from Choice Hotels is intended as concept through Choice Hotels, this effect is supposed to make our guests feel comfortable in their settings even if they are staying at a different property for the first time. This is why you would find similar decor, bedding, pillows, etc.

We hope to see you again in the future!!

Mariana Vilchez

133 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Warminster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

Stayed here for our seminars in May and had another excellent stay. All of the staff were quite helpful and friendly. Every time I stay here the staff treat me like one of the family and it makes the stay that much more enjoyable.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Very happy with our stay in this hotel. Wanted to visit the NRA Museum in Fairfax. This hotel is less than a mile away. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We were tired and didn't want to go far for dinner. One of the staff led us through the building to one of the finest Chinese restaurants we have ever been to. Never had to leave the building. The room was very spacious and clean. Would recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: We needed a handicapped accessible room. Very pleased with the accommodations.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

This was my second stay at this hotel. The first time I booked a room with two double beds. This time I decided to book a room with a king bed. Upon arrival I was checked in, given keys, and went to my room. Imagine my surprise when I entered the room and found two double beds and no king bed. Upon returning to the front desk I was told that they has overbooked. This was very frustrating to be sure. They did offer to lower the rate to what the rate for a double room should be (they acted like it was a courtesy when it should have been a given). Never in my life have I stayed at a hotel where I have been downgraded. Very disappointing. Will not be staying here again and will not be recommending that anyone from my company states here either.

• Stayed May 2014
Comfort_Inn_Fairfax, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn University Center, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear Traveler,
I was very sorry to hear about your unfavorable experience on your recent stay with us. I would like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. We always strive to accommodate every guest's preferences that they have requested, it is only a very few times that the specific room types would not be honored. We hope that you can give us another try in the future for us to show that we value your business.
Brian
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

In late March of 2014 my wife and I spent three nights at the Comfort Inn at 11180 Fairfax blvd. in Fairfax, Virginia. The first night was a Friday evening and there was a high school group from Somewhere, USA staying there also. The group of kids were persistently loud with the kids running the hallways and slamming the doors. This went on for over an hour and I called the front desk several times to complain with no success. On my third frustrated call a young man took my call and then responded to our room. I explained the problem for the third time and this young clerk named" Sushil" got right on the problem. Within minutes the group of kids were silenced. Please commend this young employee with an "attaboy". He made our stay pleasant. It is refreshing to know that the hotel took our situation seriously.

John - Vermont

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Comfort_Inn_Fairfax, General Manager at Comfort Inn University Center, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear John,
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I will definitely commend our supervisor Sushil for his efforts in helping your stay become more comfortable. In the hotel industry there is great diversity among the different guests who stay with us and I am happy we were able to accommodate you during your visit with us.
Thank you for staying and we hope to see you again!!
Mariana
Mexico, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel. The staff we interacted with which included Brian and Maggie were excellent and very accommodating. They provided shuttle service to the metro station and guidance on how to navigate the metro service. We received tidbits on visits in DC which made things very smooth when traveling with two little kids! The hotel was very clean and easy to get to! Overall A+!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Comfort_Inn_Fairfax, General Manager at Comfort Inn University Center, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Tricia,

Thank you for submitting your kind words about your recent stay with us. We accommodate many guests each night and it is always rewarding to hear back from our guests who had a wonderful stay.

We hope you have a great summer and hope to see you again!!!

Mariana Vilchez
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I'm a business traveler to the D C metro area and stay at various hotels and this is one of my favorites. The hotel has a professional staff and is very knowledgeable and caring. I'm always greeted with a warm welcome " Hi Mr. Miller...". Last year I needed a dentist and Brian was very helpful to me.
My billing is always accurate, safety is never an issue, quiet rooms, well maintained property and plenty of parking. Recently, the rooms that I stay in have new carpeting, new bed coverings and were freshly painted. I've enjoy their LARGE indoor heated swimming pool and fitness center. There is an onsite Asian restaurant, gift shop, game room, Enterprise car rental company and a hair salon. Next to their parking lot is a 7-11 store and across the street has a Giant grocery store. Also, next to hotel is public park to stretch out your bones.
If you're a business traveler like me or traveling to the Washington D C tourist sites, I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Comfort_Inn_Fairfax, General Manager at Comfort Inn University Center, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Mr. Miller,

I would like to say thank you for your pleasant comments about your stays with our property. It is very encouraging to hear positive feedback that I can share with my staff and reward them for providing quality service. We hope to continue to service your needs while in our area!!

Hope to see you soon,

Mariana

Been to Comfort Inn University Center? Share your experiences!