“Consistently comfortable and friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Consistently comfortable and friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I have stayed here many times while visiting my daughter at GMU. I have found the hotel to have a very helpful and friendly front desk. The rooms are clean and the beds are very comfortable. I would highly recommend this hotel; the price is right and you are close to so much that the area has to offer

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Eldorado, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is a good option to stay outside of the DC area. I got a really good rate the first night of 75usd but needed to book another night and the rate had doubled. Having stayed there the night before I didn't feel that the hotel was worth $140/night but the lower rate was a good value.

Hotel check in was fast. Front desk staff was friendly. Hotel is in need of remodeling but was clean. The bed was soft and comfy. The air con was a bit too noisy for me to run at night but it wasn't a necessity either. The breakfast starts at 6am and had hot and cold selections (eggs, sausage, muffins, toast, cereal, yogurt).

Warning...if you must get up early and get on Interstate 66 at 5:30am ALL lanes turn into HOV. I have never seen all lanes turn into a HOV but as soon as you pass the interstate 495 there is no where to get off. The police are waiting on you as you cross. There were multiple patrol cars there to catch people. The sun will be in your eyes and is hard to see these signs if you are not from a city that has HOV lanes so BEWARE. I got lucky and got to the next exit and got off...whew

The parking lot is big so if you are pulling a trailer you will be fine with parking. There is a mall near (Fair Oaks Shopping Mall) which is a descent mall. Cheesecake Factory is located inside mall.

If I needed to do more business in DC I would stay here again if the price is under $90usd. Would pass if it were more.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper then make sure you request a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Wheeling, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

The hotel itself is a little older, however it is very clean inside. The rooms are very large and my bed was so comfy. In fact after a long day of fighting DC traffic I couldn't wait to get to my room to sleep. Housekeeping did a great job clean ongoing my room each day, and the front desk staff were very nice. I didn't eat breakfast but I'm sure it was good. The wifi was easy to connect to and even with 9 charter buses in the parking lot there was still plenty of hot water. Overall a very nice place to stay with an easy on and easy off of I-66.

• Stayed April 2013
Fairfield, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Very friendly, helpful staff. Asked directions to where we were headed an they had pre printed directions - very helpful.

Hotel, room and lobby were clean and breakfast was good.

One note: what they call a queen size bed was more like a full size bed.

Would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We chose this location due to their pet friendly policy and being near our destination. They would not accept our AARP discount and they charged us a $25 per pet fee. Upon arrival the first thing that hit us was an odor that can only be described as spoiled garbage which was located right outside the lobby doors. The clerk was friendly but could have been more helpful. She assigned us a room on the first floor where you have to go up five steps from the lobby to reach the hall to our room. This can be difficult if you have substantial luggage. The luggage cart was only helpful from the curb to the steps. My husband and I had to make several trips up and down the hall carrying our lugguage, belongings and our pet carrier (not to mention two Schnauzers too). After we got in our room we noticed that if we had brought our things in from down the other hallway it would have been a smoother transition. The room overall looked clean but had a slight odor. They offered the usual amenities of wifi, microwave, iron, coffee maker, refrigerator, and free breakfast. You could tell they have made some updates to the room, but it was in dire need of more attention. The room itself was a nice size. The carpet needed replacing and the comforters were ugly and worn. Our bathroom was so small the door to it barely cleared the bathroom counter and toilet. We got a room with double beds. The beds were very small and matched their tiny marshmallow-sized pillows. I generally like a firm mattress, but the mattress was too hard. No complaints on the Wifi. The flatscreen tv was nice. The room was quiet. The hotel appeared to be in a safe area with grassy areas to walk your pets. There were shops and restaurants located relatively close by. If you decided to stay here just don't expect much and you will be fine.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Ashburn, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We used the hotel for a monthly business meeting. The Sales Team is very professional and friendly. The room was ready at the appointed time. It was clean and nicely arranged. My team and I were so pleased with the service that we decided to make it a permanent venue.
Personally, I also like the hotel lobby. It is very warm and welcoming.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel with a group of 150 5th graders and parents that went to D.C. The room we had was 2 double beds, adequate, but a little small for 4 people and their suitcases. Our room A/C and heater never went off, and it was a little confusing. I know one of the other rooms had an actual thermostat, which would have made things easier. The breakfast was served for us in the restaurant, which had enough seating. The food was good, refreshed quickly, but the same thing 3 days in a row got tiring. But I'm sure that was the best thing to do for a large group. There were at least 2 other groups that stayed there during the time we were there. I wouldn't choose this hotel to stay in on a family trip, but it was fine for the time we spent there.........mostly to sleep and shower.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Comfort Inn University Center? Share your experiences!