“Older but still very njce” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
Wheeling, West Virginia, United States
“Older but still very njce”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

The hotel itself is a little older, however it is very clean inside. The rooms are very large and my bed was so comfy. In fact after a long day of fighting DC traffic I couldn't wait to get to my room to sleep. Housekeeping did a great job clean ongoing my room each day, and the front desk staff were very nice. I didn't eat breakfast but I'm sure it was good. The wifi was easy to connect to and even with 9 charter buses in the parking lot there was still plenty of hot water. Overall a very nice place to stay with an easy on and easy off of I-66.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Fairfield, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Very friendly, helpful staff. Asked directions to where we were headed an they had pre printed directions - very helpful.

Hotel, room and lobby were clean and breakfast was good.

One note: what they call a queen size bed was more like a full size bed.

Would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We chose this location due to their pet friendly policy and being near our destination. They would not accept our AARP discount and they charged us a $25 per pet fee. Upon arrival the first thing that hit us was an odor that can only be described as spoiled garbage which was located right outside the lobby doors. The clerk was friendly but could have been more helpful. She assigned us a room on the first floor where you have to go up five steps from the lobby to reach the hall to our room. This can be difficult if you have substantial luggage. The luggage cart was only helpful from the curb to the steps. My husband and I had to make several trips up and down the hall carrying our lugguage, belongings and our pet carrier (not to mention two Schnauzers too). After we got in our room we noticed that if we had brought our things in from down the other hallway it would have been a smoother transition. The room overall looked clean but had a slight odor. They offered the usual amenities of wifi, microwave, iron, coffee maker, refrigerator, and free breakfast. You could tell they have made some updates to the room, but it was in dire need of more attention. The room itself was a nice size. The carpet needed replacing and the comforters were ugly and worn. Our bathroom was so small the door to it barely cleared the bathroom counter and toilet. We got a room with double beds. The beds were very small and matched their tiny marshmallow-sized pillows. I generally like a firm mattress, but the mattress was too hard. No complaints on the Wifi. The flatscreen tv was nice. The room was quiet. The hotel appeared to be in a safe area with grassy areas to walk your pets. There were shops and restaurants located relatively close by. If you decided to stay here just don't expect much and you will be fine.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Ashburn, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We used the hotel for a monthly business meeting. The Sales Team is very professional and friendly. The room was ready at the appointed time. It was clean and nicely arranged. My team and I were so pleased with the service that we decided to make it a permanent venue.
Personally, I also like the hotel lobby. It is very warm and welcoming.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel with a group of 150 5th graders and parents that went to D.C. The room we had was 2 double beds, adequate, but a little small for 4 people and their suitcases. Our room A/C and heater never went off, and it was a little confusing. I know one of the other rooms had an actual thermostat, which would have made things easier. The breakfast was served for us in the restaurant, which had enough seating. The food was good, refreshed quickly, but the same thing 3 days in a row got tiring. But I'm sure that was the best thing to do for a large group. There were at least 2 other groups that stayed there during the time we were there. I wouldn't choose this hotel to stay in on a family trip, but it was fine for the time we spent there.........mostly to sleep and shower.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

This really is a great hotel at a great price. We're so happy we chose this hotel and will definitely stay again. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. We we're given a wonderful room with a jacuzzi at no additional cost. Hotel was kept clean and comfortable. Breakfast had a lot of different choices with vegetarian options available. Vegan options limited, so just plan accordingly. All in all, it was a great stay!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This is a good hotel. The walls are decently sound proof. The heater worked well. It's clean and the service is good. The rooms with the jacuzzis are kind of funny to me but I enjoyed it all the same. There are 2 questionable rooms though. One had terrible water pressure and one was a suite on the first floor that looked nothing like the rest of the rooms in the hotel and I am here 2 to 3 times a month. It was kind of sketchy and looked more like an old employee breakroom or storage room that they converted into a guest room.

But otherwise, I enjoy coming here because the price is right as well as the location. Also, if you read my other reviews, I'm pretty low maintenance. As long as there are no bedbugs, they automatically get a 2 star for that. The rest are earned of course.

Room Tip: If you can get a jacuzzi room, I recommend it. It's fun!