“Best place to stay in the Fairfax area” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
Wayland, Michigan
“Best place to stay in the Fairfax area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 3 days, we had a kitchenette room with two double beds, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful, the room was clean, the pool was wonderful and the best part of the FREE shuttle to the area metro system. Getting around DC on the metro was made very easy. I highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: If extended stay, ask for the kitchenette, had microwave, refrigerator and stove cook top
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Pompano Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

The hotel requires better maintenance. Common areas poorly cleaned - both lobby and floors. Management seems lacking, with one housekeeping panic after another. Staff are well intentioned and try to help, but there seems to be a lack organization. Elevator is extremely slow.

The hotel hosts what seem to be religious events for large numbers of local residents. Their numbers are so large that one feels that they crowd out the guests (from parking spots to lobby and breakfasts rooms.

Otherwise my stay was the stay was good.

Room Tip: Great small Italian restaurant at 10579 FAIRFAX BLVD: VESPUCCI
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
south jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 4 days while visiting Mt. Vernon and DC. We found the room comfortable and clean. The staff was nice. The breakfast provided was the standard for this hotel chain. The pool hours were odd in that it did not open until 5pm. If you have kids, that is not exactly too helpful. The hotel is about a 10 drive away from the metro. The hotel provides a shuttle service to the station, but it was not super convenient for a family. Also, this metro station is as far out from DC as you can get, so you will be paying the highest cost for metro tickets to get into the city. There are plenty of restaurants nearby. We liked this hotel, but it wasn't an ideal location for DC tourists.

Room Tip: Fridge and microwave in rooms are great!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Charlottesville, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

This hotel was only $89/night, ($98 with tax). The pool was cloudy and had a strong chlorine smell. One reason I chose this hotel was because I like to swim laps and the pool looked nice in the pictures. However, it is only open from 5-10PM during the week, so I could not swim in the AM before I left. There is a lifeguard at the pool who told us this. The fire alarm went off @ around 7AM and everyone had to evacuate. I wasn't even dressed yet. Turned out it was a false alarm, but of course, the fire dept came and everyone had to remain outside for about 25 minutes. The room itself was okay. The beds were comfy and the room was clean. Typical free breakfast, but most of it was picked over by 8:30AM.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

We reserved 50 plus rooms for a cheering competition. We had all indivual check in so I thought it would be a disaster. Just the opposite they were ready and waiting for us. They knew I was the group leader and NO changes were allowed without my prior consent. The hotel was always clean and very accommodating to us and our bus drivers.
They were friendly and extremely fast checking us both in and out.

I would reccomend this hotel for both small and large groups well worth the money.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2011

I have stayed in many hotels over the years and I would have to say that staff here is probably the most courtesy and helpful I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. Everyone I talked to was polite, cheerful and willing to help. The front desk staff was very patient with me, helped me printout, and fax forms I needed for my work. All and all this was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Culpeper, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

I have stayed here quite a few times in the past 2 years. This time I was surprised to find a Jacuzzi in my room! Not sure why I was upgraded for no extra cost but really so greatful. I come here for medical treatments and the jacuzzi and pool made it so much nicer for my overnight between treatments. Internet a bit slow but wifi was good to have even if not high speed. Staff, breakfast, everythig was great! Fast, efficient check-in and check-out. Convenient location.

Room Tip: belong to choice priveleges
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo