“Average Courtyard” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
Clifton, New Jersey
“Average Courtyard”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Driving down to Florida from NJ, stopped here after the first drive. Easy to find, good location near gas stations and fast food. Good visit, check in was quick and woman was friendly. Bed comfortable, room clean.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Jesse S, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fairfax Fair Oaks, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Hello Daniel C.,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the TripAdvisor review in regards to your recent stay at the Courtyard Fairfax Fair Oaks.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we want to know what we can do to elevate your experience when visiting us again. We appreciate the positive feedback but we also aim to be more than average and provide you with a flawless experience.

Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Fairfax.

Warm Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had a one night stopover before flying out from Reagan D.C. airport. I received a really good deal from marriott.com online if I prepaid the reservation. This was the cheapest I could find near D.C. so I booked it for under $90. I had read previous complaints about their construction, but it is all finished and the place is very high-end looking for a Courtyard property. Very nice lobby, very friendly front desk staff. Room was very large and comfortable, bed was huge and lots of pillows to pile up under my head. My only concerns were that 1) the glass shower door wouldn't close all the way, and when I finished showering there was water pooled all over the bath and closet floor; 2) the wireless wouldn't work, and isn't free (except for Marriott Reward members, which I am, but it's not clearly stated that you need to click on the regular internet and that you won't be charged).

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Bowling Green, Va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Of course, I was on business and the Courtyard was near my employer's headquarters and a destination in Washington, DC for later that same day. The website and the physical amenities are exactly as advertised. That is good and exhibits transparency. Leading up to my arrival, the hotel sent me emails reminding me of their offerings and other restaurants and attractions in the general area.

Upon arrival - be advised, traffic in Fairfax is horrible and one must trust in Garmin (or other similar services) - I was greeted warmly and promptly. The receptionist allowed me to upgrade at no additional fee, placed me on the first floor convenient to the door, the elevators, the workout room, and the pool. The workout room was well equipped and my wife, BB, (I never work out - what the hell is the matter with me?), appreciated the modern equipment. The pool was a wonderfully warm atrium, sunlit by day, and heated by night. The pool was cool and clean. There is no hot tub (which is good because who wants to bathe in some stranger's skin cells?). I parked right next to the door and there are sloped sidewalks making it very easy to move luggage to the room (get #111 if you can).

The room was nicely appointed with a small refrigerator, excellent television and working desk with high-speed wi-fi. The bed was a little lumpy and probably needed replaced and the pillows lacked fluffiness. BB had a problem with that. Also, they only provided one packet of coffee for the room. Why? The hotel has a restaurant and they want to steer you to their very expensive menu and other offerings. I guess they have to make a living. Yet, if one is on an expense account or has a DC per-diem, the quality is excellent regardless of price.

We ate nearby at the Arigato Japanese restaurant. Most excellent and refreshing. More on that in another posting.

For my many reviewers, I thank you. Until we meet poolside some place, some time, happy motoring and safe motoring. GYA.

Dean Peters

Room Tip: Come on the weekend and smile!
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Peachtree City, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2015

This property is a good old fashioned Courtyard, with plenty of balcony and walkout rooms. The location is very convenient to both Hwy 50 & I-66. It is also nicely located near a wide variety of restaurants. The staff is friendly and professional. The rooms are both clean and well maintained. I will definitely stay here, next time I am in the area.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Fairfax County, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2015

Upon arriving to the Marriott a few days ago, I was greeted warmly by the staff, namely by a young man named Ross. I noted there was something pleasantly different about the staff. Then, I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Mohammed. Without reservation, he is the epitome of customer service at its finest. He is attentive, courteous, respectful and makes the experience at Marriott one to remember. If every hotel chain had an employee half as good as Mr. Mohammed they would have a real treasure. I can't thank him enough for his outstanding manner and service. I will refer this Marriott to my colleagues and family just because of him. Mr. Mohammed, you are the best!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2014

We lived in Fairfax many years and were returning for brief visit. Great location w access to I-66 and Rte 50. Costco nearby and Wegmans best food shopping on east coast. Beds comfortable, quiet for that area. Used points for stay, but rates reasonable if you shop on line compared to other hotels in area. Had problem with cleaning of room that was immediately solved by front desk, and everyone was exceedingly helpful with anything we asked about. Would be nice to at least have coffee available in lobby without charging an arm and a leg for it. Small maker in room doesn't handle two people's thirst. Prices at bistro, though it's nice, were way too high. Business people on per diem can afford. Families or those on budget can not in general and we and many others just hop across street to restaurants like Dunkin Donuts for half the price or less. Losing food business because of prices, though servers were anxious to help and food appeared good. Would return for good, quick night's sleep without noise and because management is so helpful with anything. Also have nice bank of computers to print out boarding passes or check email. Also. handicapped access was good from side, with short distance to room

Room Tip: We were on first floor and never heard anyone, though hotel was pretty booked, even with a kid's...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2014

We stayed here with a large group of families for the WAGS soccer tournament over Colombus Day weekend. The location was great with convenient access to the western Washington suburbs. While unassuming at first the hotel was well appointed, the staff was courteous and the rooms were very nicely updated. Our group rate was fantastic (bonus!) and the Bistro was a great place to grab a bite especially in the morning. Would stay here again and recommend without reservation. Thank you Marriott!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Fairfax Fair Oaks? Share your experiences!