The first room that was assigned to us smelled horrible. It had a very pungent cat box odor that literally snapped our heads back upon entering the room.
The second room that we were given had a similar odor, but not as strong. So we reluctantly accepted that room; assuming that all other rooms in the hotel were going to possess the same odd smell. Not sure if it was from the wall paint that was used, the cheap rope-like twine carpeting, or the padding beneath the carpet. We never could not pinpoint the source of it because the odor just hung there throughout the entire room.
The wireless Wi-Fi connection was very poor in the rooms. Almost as enjoyable as having the old dial-up connections. Only two out of the five "business center" desktop computers were functional. Evidently, the Front Desk staff doesn't know a thing about rebooting them or whatever the hotel's Admin password is to fix things.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Fairfax Fair Oaks Hotel Fairfax
- Courtyard By Marriott Fairfax Fair Oaks Hotel
- Courtyard Fairfax Fair Oaks
- Courtyard Fairfax
- Fairfax Marriott
- Fairfax Courtyard
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The renovated Courtyard Fairfax Fair Oaks is located near Fair Oaks Shopping Center and is less than 20 miles from George Mason University and Washington, DC. It features a state-of-the-art lobby, featuring flexible spaces to work or relax in, free Wi-Fi throughout and The Bistro which provides our Huntsville hotel guests with healthy food and beverage offerings in the morning and evening dinner service with cocktails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Marriott, Orbitz, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Fairfax Fair Oaks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.