Stayed here on business right after the Gov't shutdown ended and all the rooms closer to D.C. had their Priceline rates jacked up. I paid the "standard" rate through Marriott.
Located near lots of shopping, eateries, even a WalMart!!. Rooms were smaller than a lot of Marriotts, and the "Free" WiFi in the room was good only for email (that's what the sign-up page said, and they were absolutely right! Pages were very slow to load, and any graphics really bogged it down.) The "Premium" WiFi connection costs five dollars and is supposed to handle streaming video. I didn't try it.
Bistro sandwich was acceptable, but pretty dry.
TV was very good with some HD channels.
Service rating I gave is low, because the girl at the desk was on the phone when I arrived and never acknowledged me for over 3 minutes (I timed it). I am of the opinion that a customer at the counter should be serviced before the 'phone calls. She should have politely asked the caller to "hold" while she checked me in. Just my opinion, you understand, but that should be the protocol.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The renovated Courtyard Fairfax Fair Oaks is located near Fair Oaks Shopping Center and is less than 20 miles from George Mason University and Washington, DC. It features a state-of-the-art lobby, featuring flexible spaces to work or relax in, free Wi-Fi throughout and The Bistro which provides our Huntsville hotel guests with healthy food and beverage offerings in the morning and evening dinner service with cocktails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Fairfax Fair Oaks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Fairfax Fair Oaks Hotel Fairfax
- Courtyard Fairfax Fair Oaks
- Fairfax Marriott
- Fairfax Courtyard