We are a family of five and stayed here one night over this past Memorial Day weekend for a family trip to DC. Saturday morning we drove from NY to DC area and parked for the day in downtown area ($12). After a long day we drove the 25-30 minutes to this hotel for our one night stay.
Check in was fine without any issues. They accommodated our request to have our room adjoined with the friends we were traveling with. The hotel is clean and quite. For the price point ($129) my opinion it is well worth the drive out of DC for a nice rest before another fun filled day in DC. Especially with the kids. We would have spent double the money to stay in the DC area. There were no parking fees or internet fees here either which was nice.
We booked a king suite which has a pull out couch in one room and a king in a separate room. The little guy (six) slept in the bed with us and the two older ones (9 and 11) slept on the pull out. The mattresses on the King was very comfortable. Normally my back would bother me after a night on these hotel mattresses.
Friends of ours had the same sleeping arrangement without the separate room for $20 less. (Their room adjoined ours which was also nice as the kids all killed each other in one room and we hung out living area of the suite.).
As stated above for the price point well worth the stay and drive back and forth to DC. Would stay here again for our next family trip to DC.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Fairfax Fair Oaks Hotel Fairfax
- Courtyard By Marriott Fairfax Fair Oaks Hotel
- Courtyard Fairfax Fair Oaks
- Courtyard Fairfax
- Fairfax Marriott
- Fairfax Courtyard
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The renovated Courtyard Fairfax Fair Oaks is located near Fair Oaks Shopping Center and is less than 20 miles from George Mason University and Washington, DC. It features a state-of-the-art lobby, featuring flexible spaces to work or relax in, free Wi-Fi throughout and The Bistro which provides our Huntsville hotel guests with healthy food and beverage offerings in the morning and evening dinner service with cocktails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Fairfax Fair Oaks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.