“Good Family Place to Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
Pomba4u
“Good Family Place to Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We are a family of five and stayed here one night over this past Memorial Day weekend for a family trip to DC. Saturday morning we drove from NY to DC area and parked for the day in downtown area ($12). After a long day we drove the 25-30 minutes to this hotel for our one night stay.

Check in was fine without any issues. They accommodated our request to have our room adjoined with the friends we were traveling with. The hotel is clean and quite. For the price point ($129) my opinion it is well worth the drive out of DC for a nice rest before another fun filled day in DC. Especially with the kids. We would have spent double the money to stay in the DC area. There were no parking fees or internet fees here either which was nice.

We booked a king suite which has a pull out couch in one room and a king in a separate room. The little guy (six) slept in the bed with us and the two older ones (9 and 11) slept on the pull out. The mattresses on the King was very comfortable. Normally my back would bother me after a night on these hotel mattresses.

Friends of ours had the same sleeping arrangement without the separate room for $20 less. (Their room adjoined ours which was also nice as the kids all killed each other in one room and we hung out living area of the suite.).

As stated above for the price point well worth the stay and drive back and forth to DC. Would stay here again for our next family trip to DC.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Omaha NE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Nice stay, friendly staff.
Room was standard king bed room which we got for $109 through hotels.com. There's a grocery store next door and a nice shopping plaza close by. We didn't have any problems except that one of our keys stopped working but that was not a big deal. We ate breakfast at the cafe in the morning. $20 for 2 breakfast sandwiches and two drinks and they come with fresh fruit cups. They close at 10am, which caught some late comers off guard. Check out is at noon. It seems like each room has a balcony which was a nice surprise.

Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I was on business trip staying Sunday through Thursday. The hotel was immaculate, the staff was superior in customer service and satisfaction from sunrise to midnight! The breakfast bar and service was a great way to start the day as well as dinner dining. Conveniently located in walking distance to the Fair Oaks mall which offers excellent dining experiences as well. If you must be home away from home, the staff of this hotel insures a elegant, pleasant and memorable stay. The service warranted a personal thank you to management on the way out....

Room Tip: As a courtyard, I was on the interior side which was great. One side of motel faces busy Rt. 50 and...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dacula, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

This hotel is a great location for a family trip to Washington, DC. We stayed here both trips we made to DC and found it easy to access I-66 for a quick 25-minute drive into the city. It was easy to find our way back to the hotel too. Plus, being right next door to Giant Foods made it easy to pick up snacks and a light breakfast if needed.

Jennifer at the front desk was pleasant and helpful. We had a long drive, and I requested extra towels, shampoo, etc. after we got to our room. She was quick to respond and help us out.

Also, Jesus in Engineering, unfortunately, had to be called to our room a couple of times because of plumbing issues. He performed his job quickly and with a smile. I know that is difficult job, but he does it well. Maintenance issues are just part of operating a hotel, but it's the quick response by staff members like Jesus that keeps the problem from getting out of hand.

Ciara (did I spell that right?) in the Bistro was so nice. When I came down on Sunday to get some coffee, she saw that the free coffee was empty. So she just took it upon herself to pour me a cup of Starbucks from the Bistro and send me on my way. Great customer service!

We'll definitely return to this property because of these three people!

Knoxville,TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We have been staying here for almost 10 years beginning when our son started at GMU. We've tried most of the hotels in Fairfax but for now, this is our choice. Nice building and landscaping. There is a Metro Bus stop in front and a CUE bus (to Metro) on the nearest side street. Clean and comfortable. Nice, safe business park behind to walk in the morning. Food is available in the lobby area. Supermarket right next door. Shopping mall and restaurants nearby. We love it. NOTE: You need to stay Th, Fr, Sat, Sun or Th, Fr, Sat to get the best rate. Any other time, WoW, you get blasted with the business rate and it's not cheap.

Room Tip: Third floor inside facing the courtyard
Reston, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Paper thin walls, I could hear laughing and talking all night from the room next door, then the guests decided to take their antics to the balcony. The balcony door to my room was not secure, even when locked. It could still be opened to the noise outside. I was on the third floor, but still unsettling. I checked in late, so trying to change rooms after a long day was not in my interest in the least bit. Sirens blaring all night seemed to be in the parking lot. Not a great location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Columbia, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

The hotel is an older one that has been remodeled. They gave me a key to my room that didn't work when I first checked in and had to go back to the front desk for a new one. The new key sent me to a room with propped open door and wet floors. Back down for a new room, the new room was so-so until the next morning when a mouse ran across my foot and two more scurried across the room! Thy did comp my room and took care of my stay at another hotel, so I was taken care of.

Room Tip: Go to the residence inn right around the corner. Very very very nice with nice finishings throughou...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Fairfax Fair Oaks? Share your experiences!