“Highly Recommend” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
Roanoke, Virginia
“Highly Recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I was on business trip staying Sunday through Thursday. The hotel was immaculate, the staff was superior in customer service and satisfaction from sunrise to midnight! The breakfast bar and service was a great way to start the day as well as dinner dining. Conveniently located in walking distance to the Fair Oaks mall which offers excellent dining experiences as well. If you must be home away from home, the staff of this hotel insures a elegant, pleasant and memorable stay. The service warranted a personal thank you to management on the way out....

Room Tip: As a courtyard, I was on the interior side which was great. One side of motel faces busy Rt. 50 and...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Dacula, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

This hotel is a great location for a family trip to Washington, DC. We stayed here both trips we made to DC and found it easy to access I-66 for a quick 25-minute drive into the city. It was easy to find our way back to the hotel too. Plus, being right next door to Giant Foods made it easy to pick up snacks and a light breakfast if needed.

Jennifer at the front desk was pleasant and helpful. We had a long drive, and I requested extra towels, shampoo, etc. after we got to our room. She was quick to respond and help us out.

Also, Jesus in Engineering, unfortunately, had to be called to our room a couple of times because of plumbing issues. He performed his job quickly and with a smile. I know that is difficult job, but he does it well. Maintenance issues are just part of operating a hotel, but it's the quick response by staff members like Jesus that keeps the problem from getting out of hand.

Ciara (did I spell that right?) in the Bistro was so nice. When I came down on Sunday to get some coffee, she saw that the free coffee was empty. So she just took it upon herself to pour me a cup of Starbucks from the Bistro and send me on my way. Great customer service!

We'll definitely return to this property because of these three people!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Knoxville,TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We have been staying here for almost 10 years beginning when our son started at GMU. We've tried most of the hotels in Fairfax but for now, this is our choice. Nice building and landscaping. There is a Metro Bus stop in front and a CUE bus (to Metro) on the nearest side street. Clean and comfortable. Nice, safe business park behind to walk in the morning. Food is available in the lobby area. Supermarket right next door. Shopping mall and restaurants nearby. We love it. NOTE: You need to stay Th, Fr, Sat, Sun or Th, Fr, Sat to get the best rate. Any other time, WoW, you get blasted with the business rate and it's not cheap.

Room Tip: Third floor inside facing the courtyard
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Reston, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Paper thin walls, I could hear laughing and talking all night from the room next door, then the guests decided to take their antics to the balcony. The balcony door to my room was not secure, even when locked. It could still be opened to the noise outside. I was on the third floor, but still unsettling. I checked in late, so trying to change rooms after a long day was not in my interest in the least bit. Sirens blaring all night seemed to be in the parking lot. Not a great location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Columbia, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

The hotel is an older one that has been remodeled. They gave me a key to my room that didn't work when I first checked in and had to go back to the front desk for a new one. The new key sent me to a room with propped open door and wet floors. Back down for a new room, the new room was so-so until the next morning when a mouse ran across my foot and two more scurried across the room! Thy did comp my room and took care of my stay at another hotel, so I was taken care of.

Room Tip: Go to the residence inn right around the corner. Very very very nice with nice finishings throughou...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Nowhere
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed here on a weekend getaway to DC (and also to see the NRA Museum). We were able to check in early, which was nice. The room was very clean, however, had the same problem with the light switches at the Courtyard we stayed at in Richmond- they are really awkwardly placed for the toilet/shower area and sink/closet area.

There must have been a large group of girls' sport teams or something staying here, because there was ALOT of children's noise from running in the halls, banging on doors, shouting, etc. The walls are PAPER THIN. Luckily, it stopped around 10:30 pm, but it started again at 7:30 am the next day!!!

Also, the housekeeping came into our room (WITHOUT knocking) at 9 am. . ..luckily, the security latch stopped here! Really? 9 am on a Sunday? She also came by at 9:30 am. . .at least, this time knocking.

One of the reasons we booked this particular Courtyard was that they had a pool and hot tub. . .the pool is advertised to open at 10 am. Well. . .it wasn't, and the hot tub was broken/under construction- we could see lots of yellow construction tape around it.

The housekeeping lady was waiting outside our room when we left. It made us feel really, really rushed. . .and we left at 10:30 am! Come on!

Definitely would not stay here again, when there are so many options in the area. The hotel was packed, though.

Room Tip: Get a room on the second or third floor, away from the elevator!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bowie, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here to attend a dance competition. It was a very nice and clean hotel. Very quite and located near plenty of stores. The staff was very friendly and the starbucks inside was very helpful for early mornings. I would recommend this hotel. Check in and check out was easy. It look older on the outside but was definitely updated on the inside.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Fairfax Fair Oaks? Share your experiences!