This hotel is an older property that has definitely been remodeled with a modern design. From what I can tell they have new wallpaper, new furniture, and new carpet. The room I stayed in had an air system that was below par. When I switched the fan to high and put the thermostat on 68, it took almost an hour to get the room to that temperature (mostly because the high fan was like a stiff breeze). The bathroom needs work as well. The toilet was old and did not work well. The shower was old with little place to put toiletries and the ventilation did not work well.
On a positive note, the bed was comfortable. I almost wish I could have taken it home with me. The internet was free and fast. The staff was friendly and efficient. If you book on the weekend, you can get a rather cheap rate (around $76/night).
I wish they would make the repairs so I could give them a 5/5. Even though this place needs some work, I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The renovated Courtyard Fairfax Fair Oaks is located near Fair Oaks Shopping Center and is less than 20 miles from George Mason University and Washington, DC. It features a state-of-the-art lobby, featuring flexible spaces to work or relax in, free Wi-Fi throughout and The Bistro which provides our Fairfax hotel guests with healthy food and beverage offerings in the morning and evening dinner service with cocktails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Marriott, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Fairfax Fair Oaks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Fairfax Fair Oaks Hotel Fairfax
- Courtyard Fairfax Fair Oaks
- Fairfax Marriott
- Fairfax Courtyard