I was tempted by the $60 (!) per night rate so stayed a bit further out in the suburbs than usual. More convenient than I would have suspected. Right off I-66 on RT 50 and ~ 30-40 minutes from DC depending on traffic and some extensive road work related lane closures on the highway. Lots of restaurants of all types within a few minutes drive and a Giant supermarket is right next door.
The hotel itself was in fine condition. No mold/mildew or other unpleasant surprises encountered. Wi Fi was a bit slow but not intolerable. Cleaning staff were as pleasant as I have encountered in quite some time. Coffee was always filled and hot- very fresh tasting as well. Plenty of parking.
Most certainly on the list when I return to the DC or Northern VA area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The renovated Courtyard Fairfax Fair Oaks is located near Fair Oaks Shopping Center and is less than 20 miles from George Mason University and Washington, DC. It features a state-of-the-art lobby, featuring flexible spaces to work or relax in, free Wi-Fi throughout and The Bistro which provides our Fairfax hotel guests with healthy food and beverage offerings in the morning and evening dinner service with cocktails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Marriott, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Fairfax Fair Oaks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Fairfax Fair Oaks Hotel Fairfax
- Courtyard Fairfax Fair Oaks
- Fairfax Marriott
- Fairfax Courtyard