“Great place and highly recommended” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #10 of 22 hotels in Fairfax
Logan
“Great place and highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

This was a great place to stay while visiting DC. The breakfast was the best. The rooms clean and beds comfortable. I highly recommend this place. The staff was very friendly.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

130 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

The room was beautiful and the bed extremely comfortable. There were 5 feather pillows on each bed! There was free internet! The staff was extremely accommodating. We will definitely return.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

The staff was very helpful and explained to us the best way to get to DC from the hotel. The hotel is about an hour away from DC depending on the traffic. We found it best to take the subway to DC from here. The breakfast was ok with french toast and other cooked items for a fee. We will be staying here again the next time we visit DC.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
virginia beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

I stayed here while attending the US Open. I had a ground room floor with a small patio. The hotel was quiet and I never heard the people above me. The indoor pool was taken over by kids which was fine. There is a nice outdoor fireplace that I found relaxing at night. There is a small restaurant/bar that was pleasant and the food was fine. There are many good restaurants around although I found the hotel's list a little limited. I ate at Mazadar Khabob Restaurant about 1 mile away and it was excellent. This hotel was a bit better than many Courtyrads I have stayed in.

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard room (balcony/patio)
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Washington, DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

Physically, this hotel is lovely. The new, Asian-inspired decor is gorgeous. The staff is also fabulously friendly. But I booked this hotel as a conference attendee who needed to get a good night's sleep, and that's the one thing I didn't get. Every time the a/c unit kicked on, it was so loud -- like hearing a jet take off in your room -- I simply couldn't fall back to sleep. The management told me "that's just the way they sound," but in case I had an especially noisy unit, all I can say is: Do NOT sleep in Room 310.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

This was my second time staying in Fairfax. We come to DC a couple of times a year as a family trip. We decided to plan a weekend getaway to Washington, DC to do some sightseeing. There were 5 of us including a preschooler. After comparing several hotels online, deciding on Courtyard in Fairfax Fair Oaks was easy. Our criteria were as followed: availability of rooms with 2 queen beds (frankly, how can anyone be comfortable on a double bed?), indoor swimming pool, free parking and a close proximity to DC. This hotel fit the bill including the price. I booked two rooms (1 king, and 1 with 2 queen beds) on Orbitz for under $75/night. We arrived late afternoon and from the moment we entered the door, we knew it would be great. The front desk staff was nice and took extra care to fulfill our request for rooms located close to each other. The lobby is very inviting and has an open floor plan with restaurant, sitting area, reception, little food/incidentals market area. Frankly, I didn't find the restaurant to be very private as it was literally located in the lobby, but the overall design was very modern with nice decor. There is free tea and coffee in the lobby area for guests - a very nice touch. There is a nice business center with multiple computers and a printer, a fitness center with several cardio machines and TVs on the wall. The rooms were spacious, clean and well kept. Each room had a nice 36-40" LCD TV, comfortable beds, nice working area with pull out table (we used it to eat dinner the night we arrived), mini fridge (a big plus if you have kids), coffee maker, hair dryer and a chair. The lobby has a microwave that all guests could use. I took one star for cleanliness because our bathroom had a small area of mold by the ceiling above the tub, but I've seen the housekeeping staff - none of them were tall enough to reach there and I didn't see any mold/mildew remover in their carts. I travel with a clorox disinfecting spray anyway, so I just sprayed everything in the bathroom and that was that. The beds were very very comfortable. Being on the first floor, we had a patio door that in our case opened into an interior garden area that had a small terrace for each room and a larger outdoor sitting area (perfect for drinking coffee in the morning and reading that newspaper). The pool was not very large but very well maintained and clean. The depth ranged from 3 feet to 5 feet - perfect for kids. It did tend to get a little crowded in the evenings, but not overly. There is also a hot tub with jets. Nestor, the lifeguard, did a very good job of engaging the kids and actually provided a couple of inflatable balls for the kids to play with. We were told that the hotel was booked completed, and the pool was on the same floor as our room as well, however, the room was very quiet and peaceful. We rested very well after a couple of long days of walking around DC. Now, for DC. Having lived in northern VA, and stayed in both DC and VA, I have to say that there is no reason to stay in DC unless you absolutely want to. VA has lower hotel tax and lower hotel rates. While this hotel was not within walking distance to a Metro stop nor was there a shuttle, I cannot imagine anyone who doesn't come with car (their own or rented) staying there. Downtown DC was only 20 minutes away by car. Yes, you will need to allow some time to find parking, but it's no big deal. Route I-66 is not the only way to get to DC, route 50 (the road on which the hotel itself is located) is a very good option if you're not in a rush. Final stop of the Orange line of the Metro is only a couple of exits down on I-66, so you could drive and park there and take the subway into the city if you wished. It would take you much longer if you were to take the subway. The hotel is located within minutes of numerous ethnic and mainstream restaurants, supermarkets, shopping malls. Tyson's Corner mall is about 10-15 min away. Ballston Commons is probably around 15 min also. As I said earlier, we didn't eat at the hotel. IHOP a couple of exits down on I-66 (~3mi away) was perfect on our way into DC. There is Denny's and a couple of diners nearby as well. Overall, we have been extremely pleased with the hotel. It's perfect for families who want a comfortable stay not far from DC. Having a car would make your stay so much better.

Room Tip: shop around. the deals are out there.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
albany ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011

Have stayed in this hotel for family visits on several occassions. Was here for a funeral unfortunately, and made the reservation via phone in a hurry. Got a $199/night rate which seemed high, but needed to go. After getting in I checked online and got a better rate $149 from travelocity, which the front desk honored. I have been a Marriott member for decades and was a bit dissaointed to have to do this. I will say I like what they have done with the lobby. Much more inviting. The front desk staff very helpful- you need a taxi to get any where from her, it used to have a shuttle that would drop you at a metro station-very handy too bad they dont still have that. Spotless, free internet nice pool.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Fairfax Fair Oaks? Share your experiences!