“Perfect place to visit Capitol and to sleep over for affordable price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn

Save Saved
You added Rodeway Inn to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   9700 Fairfax Blvd., Fairfax, VA 22031 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #15 of 22 hotels in Fairfax
Kitchener, Canada
“Perfect place to visit Capitol and to sleep over for affordable price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

It's a bang for the buck for people visiting Washington DC. 26 km from national mall. All kind of nice restaurants around. On top o f all very clean and safe place. Washroom is clean, but very small, you cannot get in without rubbing your legs with toilet commode. Free breakfast is not helpful at all. They don't have a seating place, and only coffee tea and juices for drinks not bad. For eating only bagels and butter jam. No eggs or pan cakes.

• Stayed August 2014

18 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Upstate NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The front desk is polite and helpful. The property is well maintained and quiet. It is an excellent value and is well-placed for exploring Northern Virginia and surrounding areas. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Free Breakfast is a plus. I have paid more and received a lot less in other places!

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the street.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

When we arrived, we were a little nervous looking at the outside of the hotel and the area of town. But don't let that deter you. The lobby is pretty and the staff is extra nice. Our room was very clean. I honestly expected it to appear and smell worn/dated, and it didn't. Having a refrigerator and microwave in the room was great. I wish there had been a coffee maker as well. The beds are super comfortable and I slept great. I didn't hear any noise from other patrons, and I know there were people staying in the rooms on either side of us. The breakfast is not as large as what other hotels offer. There was juice, coffee, bagels and muffins/danishes.

All in all, I was satisfied with my stay here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Springfield, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I stayed one night. Older and not alot of perks but very clean, and I'm picky.. Front desk and housekeeping responsive and polite. if you just need a place to sleep with a clean bed and shower, this is the best around that area for the money. Great location. Felt very safe. light breakfast bar in the morning with pasteries and cold juice. I will stay again. no swimming pool or fitness center but I couldn't uncheck the fitness box below!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Waterford, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

I was travelling on business in the Washington, DC area and decided to take shelter in Fairfax, VA. I was travelling down Fairfax Blvd when I spotted this property. It caught my eye because of it's easy access from the Blvd. as well as the outer facade... Plenty of parking and lots of space... I was at first put off by the room rate until I realized that it was the going rate for this area. I was offered a AAA discount and took my room with a free upgrade to King bed... The room was fine, the breakfast was fine but what sold me on this property was the shower... Lots of water pressure plus a working pulsating head... Thanks for the best Motel shower I've had all year... I would stay here again in a heartbeat... Tichiganblues...

Room Tip: No extra charge for King...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

My husband and I just came home from 2 nights spent at this hotel. We stayed here because it was much cheaper than staying in DC and only 25 minutes away. The hotel was very clean and the staff very friendly.

Our bathroom looked like it had just been remodeled. The water pressure in the shower was the best water pressure we've ever had in a hotel. The beds were very comfortable although we did ask for extra pillows because the pillows we had were a bit flat. We received the extra pillows with no problem. I can't really comment on the traffic noise because we bring a box fan with us but we didn't notice any noise before or after we turned it on.

The breakfast consisted of bagels, pastries, coffee & juices. It worked out well for us. For the price, we would definitely stay here again if we were to come back to the area.

As a side note, when we drove into Washington DC, we parked at the Ronald Reagan Building Parking garage. $13 all day Sat & Sun. Great location to park to see the museums and memorials.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Privacy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

This hotel records in their computer system all the details of your driver license, including the number, on a credit card room rental. This is an invitation to identity theft as they have all the info needed to steal your identity and set up accounts in your name - or worse, commit crimes in your name.

Remember the Target credit card breach? This can be even worse.

Most hotels only need to LOOK at the ID to verify name and address - there is simply no need or reason to record your driver license number. And then send it to the corporate office. There is no privacy policy - meaning you have no assurance that the information is private.

Hotel manager claimed that Choice Hotels required recording the number. My experience has been that other Choice hotels only need to verify the name. Hotel manager didn't care about identity theft potential and indicated that he'd refuse to give a room without recording the driver license number, and would refuse other forms of ID.

I have been victim of identity theft by other hotels desk clerks who recorded the information from a driver license in similar manner.

UNTIL THIS HOTEL CHANGES IT'S POLICY, AVOID AT ALL COSTS OR RISK HAVING YOUR IDENTITY STOLEN.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!