“Bargain” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn

You added Rodeway Inn to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   9700 Fairfax Blvd., Fairfax, VA 22031 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
Springfield, Virginia
“Bargain”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I stayed one night. Older and not alot of perks but very clean, and I'm picky.. Front desk and housekeeping responsive and polite. if you just need a place to sleep with a clean bed and shower, this is the best around that area for the money. Great location. Felt very safe. light breakfast bar in the morning with pasteries and cold juice. I will stay again. no swimming pool or fitness center but I couldn't uncheck the fitness box below!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Waterford, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

I was travelling on business in the Washington, DC area and decided to take shelter in Fairfax, VA. I was travelling down Fairfax Blvd when I spotted this property. It caught my eye because of it's easy access from the Blvd. as well as the outer facade... Plenty of parking and lots of space... I was at first put off by the room rate until I realized that it was the going rate for this area. I was offered a AAA discount and took my room with a free upgrade to King bed... The room was fine, the breakfast was fine but what sold me on this property was the shower... Lots of water pressure plus a working pulsating head... Thanks for the best Motel shower I've had all year... I would stay here again in a heartbeat... Tichiganblues...

Room Tip: No extra charge for King...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

My husband and I just came home from 2 nights spent at this hotel. We stayed here because it was much cheaper than staying in DC and only 25 minutes away. The hotel was very clean and the staff very friendly.

Our bathroom looked like it had just been remodeled. The water pressure in the shower was the best water pressure we've ever had in a hotel. The beds were very comfortable although we did ask for extra pillows because the pillows we had were a bit flat. We received the extra pillows with no problem. I can't really comment on the traffic noise because we bring a box fan with us but we didn't notice any noise before or after we turned it on.

The breakfast consisted of bagels, pastries, coffee & juices. It worked out well for us. For the price, we would definitely stay here again if we were to come back to the area.

As a side note, when we drove into Washington DC, we parked at the Ronald Reagan Building Parking garage. $13 all day Sat & Sun. Great location to park to see the museums and memorials.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Privacy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

This hotel records in their computer system all the details of your driver license, including the number, on a credit card room rental. This is an invitation to identity theft as they have all the info needed to steal your identity and set up accounts in your name - or worse, commit crimes in your name.

Remember the Target credit card breach? This can be even worse.

Most hotels only need to LOOK at the ID to verify name and address - there is simply no need or reason to record your driver license number. And then send it to the corporate office. There is no privacy policy - meaning you have no assurance that the information is private.

Hotel manager claimed that Choice Hotels required recording the number. My experience has been that other Choice hotels only need to verify the name. Hotel manager didn't care about identity theft potential and indicated that he'd refuse to give a room without recording the driver license number, and would refuse other forms of ID.

I have been victim of identity theft by other hotels desk clerks who recorded the information from a driver license in similar manner.

UNTIL THIS HOTEL CHANGES IT'S POLICY, AVOID AT ALL COSTS OR RISK HAVING YOUR IDENTITY STOLEN.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Hampton, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

I knew this would not be state of the art, but I was spending a lot on motels, and tired to keep the cost down for the two nights I was there. The motel is probably a '50s original, and according to staff may have started as a private home. The room itself was quite spacious with lots of electrical outlets. However, you get what you pay for. The TV was old, there was no in room coffee nor fridge, much less a microwave, which based on vehicles in the parking lot, might have been appreciated. The breakfast was dismal - nothing but commerical pastries in plastic. While the bathroom fixtures, especially the tub, were new, the room itself was so small that it was impossible to change one's mind. The staff was helpful to the extent of giving a demo on how to get the shower to work. In addition the free wi-fi didn't need a user name or password.

Room Tip: All first floor and the stree noise was minimal. In bad weather a room close to the office would be...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Salisbury, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Convenient to all major thoroughfares in Fairfax County - the parkway, beltway, Rts. 29, 211, 236 and 50. This is an older property, perhaps built in the 60s. The rooms are big, clean and the bathrooms have been remodeled. Instant hot water and great water pressure. This is NOT the Taj Mahal, but it is a great value and very quaint. Parking right outside your door - can't beat the old Mom & Pop motel convenience.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper ask for a room inside the courtyard. My outside room was close to the ma...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

You couldn't meet a better guy Johnny is a great host! Rodeway is a great place to stay. We come once a week on business and wouldn't pick any other hotel very cozy and feels like our home away from home clean and very quiet area of town right on the main strip of fairfax so you are in the middle of everything.

• Stayed March 2014

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!