“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 22 hotels in Fairfax
Stratford, United States
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

We will never stay anywhere else when in Viginia! Hampton is the place for us! We go to Virginia to see our Daughter who is in college in Virginia. It has been so nice to return there and the employees actually remember you! Thank you Hampton, for that family feeling!

162 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
SC, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

My husband and I came for a short visit to my ailing brother, but he died while we were there. Since it was a Monday night, and the memorial service was on the following Saturday, we had to stay 5 days longer than we anticipated. While we waited, I threw my back out on Tuesday, and caught a stomach virus on Thursday. We were supposed to leave on Sunday morning, but my husband started up with the virus, and we couldn’t drive until Monday. During our unexpected, physically and emotionally uncomfortable 9-day stay, we found the staff to be friendly and competent, not to mention very sympathetic and helpful. The rooms were in good shape, surprisingly quiet and comfortable. For a hotel that size and price, the exercise room was impressive, with 4 brand new exercise machines, a universal gym and free weights. The free breakfast was pretty good in quality and variety, although after 8 days of their breakfast and then leftovers for lunch, I was glad to go home to cook. Considering what a crummy week we had on a personal level, I’ve got absolutely no complaints about this Hampton Inn and its staff! If I ever go to Virginia again, I’ll be happy to stay at this hotel.

Yorktown, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

I rated this hotel "Poor" only because of the A/C units. This is a nice hotel with a good staff and location. However, the room air conditioners are too loud in this Hampton Inn and many others like it. Hilton has purchased and installed units that engage with a din that rivals Mac Trucks. The units have no way to allow the guest to enable the "always on" fan. The fan is only on when the unit responds to a call from the thermostat. When the unit compressor engages, there is a loud guttural grunt and bang. The result is a loud engagement sequence that sounds like a truck starting in your room. At 2.30 AM on the 8th cycle of on-off, the sound is more like a jet fighter. Good luck sleeping here or other Hampton Inns until they replace these units. You might as well try sleeping at the pump of a truck stop or the flight line of nearest jet fighter base.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

jfowler24, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fairfax City, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, I am sorry that it was not a positive one. We will take a look at the unit associated with your stay and make the necessary repair. I do hope you will consider staying with us again in the future and allow us the opportunity to provide you an excellent stay.
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

almost a self-serve hotel. staff very unprofessional furniture falling apart, ... if you just want clean sheets and towels I guess this would make the cut. desk chair is not functional for desk -- so if you are planning to do any work it is uncomfortable.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

jfowler24, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fairfax City, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
I am sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your recent stay with us. We pride ourselves on providing great service and an excellent product. I am sorry that we did not meet that goal with respect to your recent stay. We would love another chance at earning your business. If business or pleasure returns you to the Fairfax area please contact me directly and I will personally see to your reservation needs. Jim Fowler, General Manager.
Voorhees, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

the hotel is not horrible, but is not up to hampton inn standards in my opinion. the halls and rooms have a smell to them. I arrived late (midnight) and there were several guests ( men ) outside the entrance doors smoking, which felt awkward, especially when i had to bang on the door to have the hotel attendant /front desk guy release the lock.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

jfowler24, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fairfax City, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
I am sorry you did not have a great experience at our Hampton Inn. We pride ourselves on providing an outstanding product and excellent service to all of our guests. The front desk agent should be on alert and available to all of our guests, even after hours. After hours we do utilize an intercom/buzzer system for arriving guests and folks that otherwise do not have their room key ready for entry. There is a sign to indicate how to gain access to the building after hours, but perhaps we should consider adding a larger one. I was unable to notice a smell in the halls or room where you stayed, but I received your comments days after your departure so the smell you noticed must have dissipated. Perhaps the smell was caused by the guests that were gathered outside in the designated smoking area upon your arrival. Again, I am sorry that your stay was not a pleasant one for you and we would love the opportunity to serve you again in the future and show you that The Hampton Inn-Fairfax City is a great place to stay.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Hampton Inn beds are unusually comfortable. rooms well laid out. this one was "crisp"clean. shower head
very good but would have liked more pressure. hope there wasn't a water saver used. restaurants nearby.
breakfast was neat ,clean and friendly but have had more variety in other Hamptons as well as more space.
would stay again if in area.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Arlington, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Stay was normal, rooms were clean, but the breakfast was subpar. The items were barely warm, but the attendant quickly took care of it when we asked them about it. Front desk personal was especially helpful in navigating the area. Location is kind of weird.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Fairfax City? Share your experiences!