“Trip to American Idol” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 22 hotels in Fairfax
Virginia Beach, United States
“Trip to American Idol”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This Hampton Inn is clean, and has an extremely friendly front desk staff. The beds are comfortable. My mother and I traveled to Fairfax for 1 night. The hotel is easy to get to. It would be a great place to stay if you are visiting George Mason University.

163 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Helena, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

The manager and staff were extremely accomodating. I had several special requests that they were able to facilitate for me; certainly over and above what I would normaly expect from a hotel. The manager proved to me that he understands the true meaning of customer satisfaction; and it permeates throughout his staff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Overland Park, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I generally try to book with Hampton when I travel. The rooms are consistantly good. I was not disappointed. Some days I preferred to sleep in. The cleaning staff did not bother me about wanting access to clean. The front desk folks were friendly and helpful.

Fair Haven, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

The Hampton Inn in Fairfax City is a clean and comfortable hotel. The complimentary breakfast is very good offering a good choice of basic foods, both hot and cold. Although located on a busy road in Fairfax, the night time traffic subsides and the room we were in was very quiet and comfortable. We will come back again.

Saint Clairsville, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We have stayed at newer Hampton Inns that were more impressive. We were disappointed no discount was offered for having a relative as an inpatient at the Inova Fairfax Hospital as some other hospitals do. Also there was no pool at this hotel. The server at breakfast our first day hardly spoke to us at all and the server on the second day acted as if she was the CEO of Hampton Inns by telling people what they could and could not do. Really, guests are not allowed to spray Pam on the waffle maker?

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

jfowler24, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fairfax City, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We do read your comments and look for ways we can improve our product and service. I'm sorry you didn't have consistently pleasant service during our On The House Breakfast. Our breakfast hostesses are usually very engaging and happy to help in any way they can. The manufacturer of the waffle maker has actually advised us not to allow the not stick spray to be used constantly. I had the same question as you when we were first trained on the use of the waffle maker. Apparently constant use over time can change the cooking time as well as the taste of the waffle. Who knew?! It does sound like this could have been communicated in a less authoritative way and for that I apologize. I again thank you for your comments. Please feel free to contact me with future reservation needs or if you would like to discuss your stay further.

At Your Service,

Jim Fowler
Virginia, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This was a good location for our agenda, and we almost always stay at Hamptons when we travel. This was okay -- staff was nice, breakfast was standard (but some Hamptons do more), but the housekeeping was a bit sketchy (it must be years since the corners in our room were vacuumed). Bathroom seemed recently renewed. There was a fabric-covered armchair and ottoman that definitely needed a shampoo. The bed was comfortable, and I like the assurance that the duvet covers are changed for each new guest. But amidst all those pillows, there wasn't a firm one. (Is there some blog where I could rant about the fashion for a bunch of useless pillows?)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
jfowler24, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fairfax City, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Hello and thank you for your comments. I apologize that aspects of your stay were not up to par. I certainly don't like to hear that cleanliness or the quality of pillows was not sufficient as these are things that are clearly within our control. I was happy to hear that you were well received and treated pleasantly by the staff overall. We take pride in our product and service and will certainly take a close look at the issues you have raised. Our goal is to please every guest every time and I am sorry that we didn’t meet that goal entirely during your stay. Feel free to contact me personally if you have any future reservation needs or if you would like to discuss your stay further. Thank you again for your comments we truly appreciate the feedback as it allow us to better serve our guests moving forward.

At Your Service,

Jim Fowler
Hampton Inn-Fairfax City
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This was just what we expected and needed. Breakfast was very good and filling. Our room was nice and clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. Greatly enjoyed our stay! This hotel was conveniently located near restaurants and shopping, especially the Italian restaurant two doors down called Dolce Vita! So delicious, we went twice!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Fairfax City? Share your experiences!