“Good nights rest at "reasonable" DC area rates” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #5 of 22 hotels in Fairfax
CT
“Good nights rest at "reasonable" DC area rates”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Clean, well managed Hampton Inn. Rates are more than reasonable for DC area. Internet was faster than most, health center was clean and equipment reasonable for a Hampton. Traffic around area is a nightmare, so use side street to cross main road.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

177 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The staff here are wonderful and a match for any 5-star hotel. They are friendly and accomodating. We spoke with the front desk a couple of times about some maintenance issues and each time got a knock on the door within 10 min. In truth, because of those minor issues, this should probably be a 4.5 rating but unfortunately, 4 or 5 are my choices.

Pros: Good breakfast with some hot items, clean and comfortable rooms, friendly staff, lots of stuff nearby, fast Internet, well-maintained fitness room

Cons: Traffic around here is usually bad, even on weekends. No cold water in our room, only warm/hot water would come out. This only seems to be a problem at night, perhaps from too much hot water on tap. Also, the mini-fridge in our room acted more like a freezer. After realizing it was freezing everything, we turned it down to 1-2 which fixed the problem.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Southington, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stay in Hampton Inns frequently and this one did not disappoint. It was very clean, the staff friendly and helpful and the woman making breakfast in the morning was very nice and friendly. The room with free WIFI was clean, smelled good and the beds were comfortable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Pinehurst, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn in Fairfax, Va for business. I had a terrible stay and will never stay at this hotel again. I checked into the Hotel and my credit card was declined, the hotel staff stated that it was declined and had to call for authorization. I immediately called my credit card company and they had no record of the transaction. The card was declined before it was even set to Bank of America. I guess that Hampton Inn uses an internal credit card service and that service denied my card. I also had to change rooms in the middle of my stay due to a water leak. The gym was in a hotel room on the first floor, they said they were remodeling the gym. The traffic outside the hotel is terrible, expect to sit in traffic for 10-15 minutes to get anywhere 1-2 miles from the hotel. A terrible stay and the staff was not helpful in any way. I will never stay there again.

Room Tip: Recommend Hilton Garden Inn in Fairfax. I would also recommend the Marriott Residence Inn.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
jfowler24, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fairfax City, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
I am sorry your time with us wasn't more pleasant. I am not sure what the exact problem was with your credit card at check in, perhaps a line of communication was down and that is why we called directly and your bank had no immediate record of the request for authorization. This is not something that has happened in the past. I can certainly understand your frustration knowing that there is not a problem with your card and being asked to wait while we work the problem out. We were in the process of renovating our fitness center, which is now complete with all new equipment. In the interim we relocated all of our existing equipment to two converted guest rooms. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Regarding the water leak from the room above you, again I am sorry. I spoke with you directly regarding relocating your room and I was under the impression you understood the situation and it was not a problem for you to move rooms. However, when you couple the other issues together I certainly understand your overall frustration. I realize these issues may have caused us to lose you as a return guest, but we would love another opportunity to serve you and prove that what you experienced was not typical of the service and product we provide our guests.
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

We stayed there after a concert @ Jiffy Lube Live. Hotel is average, not outstandingly good or bad. Clean and comfortable, and close to the concert venue. They also have late night pizza delivery available if you get the munchies after the show :-)

Bedford, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

The staff at this hotel is extremely helpful and friendly.
We asked for a quiet room and we got one. Never heard a thing.
Breakfast was excellent
Good place to stay when in Fairfax.
Wish they had refrigerators.

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

When I am looking for a place to stay with my family, I always care about the following three things. Safety, cleanliness and price.

This location is on the Virginia side of the Washington DC area in a very safe neighborhood. The location is well maintained and very well run. The price is just right!

If you are staying in the DC Metro area, this is the place to be. It is very close to the Vienna/Fairfax Metro station, the best way to get around Washington, period! Drive into DC at your own risk :)

Finally, service and friendliness is never my top priority but this location had the best service ever! To echo others, the staff is incredible! From the moment you arrive at the front desk, to the cleaning staff and the morning breakfast, all the service is top notch!!!!!

Stay here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Fairfax City? Share your experiences!