“Great place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 23 hotels in Fairfax
Southington, Connecticut
“Great place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stay in Hampton Inns frequently and this one did not disappoint. It was very clean, the staff friendly and helpful and the woman making breakfast in the morning was very nice and friendly. The room with free WIFI was clean, smelled good and the beds were comfortable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

141 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Pinehurst, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn in Fairfax, Va for business. I had a terrible stay and will never stay at this hotel again. I checked into the Hotel and my credit card was declined, the hotel staff stated that it was declined and had to call for authorization. I immediately called my credit card company and they had no record of the transaction. The card was declined before it was even set to Bank of America. I guess that Hampton Inn uses an internal credit card service and that service denied my card. I also had to change rooms in the middle of my stay due to a water leak. The gym was in a hotel room on the first floor, they said they were remodeling the gym. The traffic outside the hotel is terrible, expect to sit in traffic for 10-15 minutes to get anywhere 1-2 miles from the hotel. A terrible stay and the staff was not helpful in any way. I will never stay there again.

Room Tip: Recommend Hilton Garden Inn in Fairfax. I would also recommend the Marriott Residence Inn.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
jfowler24, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fairfax City, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
I am sorry your time with us wasn't more pleasant. I am not sure what the exact problem was with your credit card at check in, perhaps a line of communication was down and that is why we called directly and your bank had no immediate record of the request for authorization. This is not something that has happened in the past. I can certainly understand your frustration knowing that there is not a problem with your card and being asked to wait while we work the problem out. We were in the process of renovating our fitness center, which is now complete with all new equipment. In the interim we relocated all of our existing equipment to two converted guest rooms. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Regarding the water leak from the room above you, again I am sorry. I spoke with you directly regarding relocating your room and I was under the impression you understood the situation and it was not a problem for you to move rooms. However, when you couple the other issues together I certainly understand your overall frustration. I realize these issues may have caused us to lose you as a return guest, but we would love another opportunity to serve you and prove that what you experienced was not typical of the service and product we provide our guests.
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

We stayed there after a concert @ Jiffy Lube Live. Hotel is average, not outstandingly good or bad. Clean and comfortable, and close to the concert venue. They also have late night pizza delivery available if you get the munchies after the show :-)

Bedford, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

The staff at this hotel is extremely helpful and friendly.
We asked for a quiet room and we got one. Never heard a thing.
Breakfast was excellent
Good place to stay when in Fairfax.
Wish they had refrigerators.

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

When I am looking for a place to stay with my family, I always care about the following three things. Safety, cleanliness and price.

This location is on the Virginia side of the Washington DC area in a very safe neighborhood. The location is well maintained and very well run. The price is just right!

If you are staying in the DC Metro area, this is the place to be. It is very close to the Vienna/Fairfax Metro station, the best way to get around Washington, period! Drive into DC at your own risk :)

Finally, service and friendliness is never my top priority but this location had the best service ever! To echo others, the staff is incredible! From the moment you arrive at the front desk, to the cleaning staff and the morning breakfast, all the service is top notch!!!!!

Stay here.

Fairfax, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Stayed here one night only, but we'd be happy to stay again. Front desk staff was super friendly and check in was very quick and easy. Our room was clean and spacious. Bathroom was roomy and clean as well. They did offer a breakfast in the morning, but we were checking out kinda late and missed it. Hotel is in a convenient location, right on RT 50/29, and close to RT 66. We'd recommend it to anyone needing to stay in Fairfax.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

We are moving to Washington,DC Metro area. We needed a hotel that was close to Vienna Metro station so that we could look for apartments around that area. We read the review of this hotel, and the price seemed fair. Free parking, free wireless, free hot and cold breakfast. We paid about 129per night including TAX. I would say that the staff is amazing. (Front desk, breakfast room) Sandy and her friend(I couldn't catch her name) were like busy bees every morning, very energetic. The breakfast was better than we used to have at Washington Suites Georgetown, where we have been going for the last 10 years. Since we are moving into town, we needed some stuff to be shipped to the hotel, sometimes very heavy items like a box of vacuum cleaner, and the front desk people were allways cheerful when they were giving our stuff to us. Especially the ladies whom I dealt with were extreamly helpfull. Thank you guys a billion times! The rooms were really up to date, with flat screen. The bed was comfy! The house keeping was good also, the room was always clean.And this is a smoke free property, so there were no bad smells at all. It is in a very convenient place, across the street there is burger king, Mcdonalds, next to it there is another place with, Taco Bell, Five Guys, Starbucks... Also there are two pharmacies near by CVS and Walgreens. 7eleven, just across. 5-10 minutes walk and you go to Walmart. We never took the bus, but there is a bus stop for 1C bus, just in the front. I would like to thank to all the staff, whom made me feel like I am home.
I

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Fairfax City? Share your experiences!