“Great stay” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Virginia
“Great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

My family stayed here April 2nd and were very pleased. It was a short distance to the Vienna Metro stop which is a great way to get into DC. We arrived after 9:00pm, check in was a breeze and the roll away bed I had requested was already in our room. The room was clean and large enough for 2 adults and 3 teenagers. The breakfast was good. Yes it was a little crowded but that was to be expected. The only thing I would suggest was having a fan in the bathroom. With the sink,vanity and shower all in the bathroom it made it hard for one person to take a shower and another use the mirror. Thankfully they had two in the room that we used instead. Overall for the price and location we would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

I stayed here for 5 nights in October and can't fault the place. From the spacious room that was immaculate with a big, comfy bed to the filling yummy breakfasts with staff on reception that couldn't do enough for you. It's a short drive to the Vienna metro station which is the closest and short driving distance to shopping malls, restaurants although try Anita's Mexican next door - delicious! If I was to visit northern VA again, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
EDISON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

I stayed in this hotel on oct 9,2010.The room was very clean with very gud bed and mattress.Nice LCD TV.Check in and check out was a breeze.What i liked the most was its cleanliness in every aspect.The cherry on top was the breakfast served.Very nice menu.You can comfortably stay in this hotel without looking further.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

This hotel is very nice and the prices are very reasonable. The thing that stands out though is the excellent attitude of every staff member that you encounter. Sandy who cooks the breakfast is a real treat but so is everybody else. Stay here and I think everybody should get a big raise. Quiet rooms, nice business center, comfortrable bed, flatscreen HDTV .

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Bremerton, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2010

My experience here started when I was doing research about hotels when viisting Washington DC. I'm from the west coast and a friend said that we should stay in a city outside of DC and leave our car and take the Metro Inn. When I called the Hampton Inn in farifax I was clueless and needed some help in describing the area and such. I was a bit high maintenance. None the less every single person I got on the phone was beyond helpful and beyond friendly.

My stay was the same. Booked it online for $160 total for two nights over Memorial day weekend. Everyone was friendly and the rooms were surprisingly comfortable, spacious (We even had a couch) and loaded with amenities (bathroom products, fridge, microwave, huge tv, free wireless, business center, fitness center). The bed was also extremely comfortable. Oh and let us not forget about the complementary breakfast. Real food...sausage, waffles, eggs...you name it they had it AND it was served until 10!

The Location was perfect as well. We are a 10 minute drive to the Metro Station and you can leave your car there over nights and holidays for free. The Metro is cheap and can speed you right into DC in about 20 minutes. We stayed out late on Sat so we took a cab home rather than driving our car back and the taxi rate was $15 with tip. Finally you MUST GO EAT at the Italian Deli across the street from the hotel. Authentic, delicious and great ambiance.

As a matter of fact we enjoyed ourselves so much we are staying another day! Hope this review helps in planning your trip. I know others reviews did when I was trying to plan mine. Enjoy :0) Oh and PS. there is a ton to see in DC. Plan to be exhausted and not have enough time!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Lincoln, NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2010

We went on vacation to the DC area and VA and this was by far the best hotel we stayed at. We stayed in a room with a queen and a sofa bed. It was _very_ clean. The room was large enough for the five of us. The staff was friendly and helpful. The bed was super-comfortable. The hot breakfast was good. It was very affordable as well. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2010

I usually stay closer to DC/Alexandria for business but this was one of the few Hilton properties available anywhere in the Northern Virginia area. Other than the location this is one of the best Hampton's I've ever stayed at. Friendly staff, very clean and quiet rooms, safe part of town and really good restuarants within walking distance. Also a very nice size workout room but it needs a flat/incline bench for the provided dumbells. The weight machine is dated and needs to be replaced with more dumbells but this is something that's only important to me.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Fairfax City? Share your experiences!