“One night stay for business” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Spa Package
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
Greensboro, North Carolina
“One night stay for business”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

This Hyatt is a mid level hotel, with a modern décor and professional feel. I stayed only one night on a business trip, and found the room comfortable and clean. The bathroom was dated, but functional, but the bed and furniture appeared to be new and were comfortable. The hotel charges for internet which I find absurd, the daily cost was around $15. I was there less than 12 hours, so I opted to work from my phone. The restaurant and breakfast seemed nice, but I didn't partake in the complimentary breakfast. As I grabbed a coffee there appeared to be many choices and the food seemed fresh. Certainly a value there. The gym was also nice, small but had multiple treadmills, elliptical, and plenty of nautilus equipment. I would probably stay again, but there was nothing special to bring me back to this hotel specifically.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Tamara B, Manager at Hyatt FairFax at Fair Lakes, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear cacooke96,

Thank you for providing feedback through TripAdvisor. We are excited to announce that we are in the planning stages of our multi-million dollar room renovation. We hope you will think of us on your next visit to Fairfax and we look forward to being of service to you in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night for business. I travel often around the world and have stayed at many different hotels. This hotel has by far the most amazing and hospitable front desk staff. I had the pleasure of speaking with Rani and Eileen at check in. They were extremely professional and courteous and went out of their way to make sure I was having a pleasant stay. Rooms were clean but could use a facelift. I am looking forward to staying here again. Service is exceptional!

• Stayed August 2014
Tamara B, Manager at Hyatt FairFax at Fair Lakes, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Dear Raj K,

We are pleased that you enjoyed a wonderful stay at our hotel while in town for business. We are delighted to hear that you had a chance to interact with our amazing front desk staff. We will be sure to recognize Rani and Eileen for their excellent service they provide. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback through TripAdvisor and look forward to seeing you again very soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

I love this hotel ,
I got the room through priceline. I asked that my room to be on the floor 14
bacause there is a washing machine and a drier in that floor which is so convinient..

The breakfast buffet is not included but I advice you to try it once... you wont regret it..
it is a 5 star breakfast..never so something similar in the area

parking is next to the door, and is free

in the area if you love walking walking right and left will take you to good shopping destinations..
use google maps to discover them,,

also you can request a shattle to take you to Fair oaks mall.

I got a free wireless... ask for the code when you check in

hangout in the lobby in the weekends to see weddings :)

again and again I always enjoy this hotel

there is no microwave in the room but there is a 24 hours grab and go grocery center down with a microwave , you can use it for free..

one thing ... the room was not that clean...but you can always ask for them to clean it again

Room Tip: the 14th floor is good to wash your cloths... but there is some noise because it seems that there ar...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Dear Eiman A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. It is terrific to hear that you had a wonderful stay and had the opportunity to experience all of our wonderful amenities our hotel offers. We hope to see you again very soon.
Niceville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

I’ve stayed here a couple of times while in the area on business. The lobby has been renovated since my last stay and looks great. The rooms are clean, comfortable and provide a relaxing environment. The staff are great and very helpful. On this most recent trip, I had some down time between meetings and got great advice from Rani at the front desk on some places to check out in the area. Turned what would have been just another business trip into a really enjoyable one. Will definitely be back on my next trip.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for going out of your way to write this review. We are thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and had a chance to interact with our wonderful front desk. We will be sure to recognize our staff for the fabulous service they provide.

We are looking forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Fairfax.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

They have done a lot of work on this Hyatt recently. The lobby is more open, bright and inviting. The lobby bar area is a great place to hang out with friends, family and colleagues. The rooms are comfortable and include a desk and a couch. Plenty of room. My only complaint is the hotel wi-fi was a bit spotty. It needs some more power.

Great hotel and will stay again.

Dear Joe F,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on TripAdvisor. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated lobby. We are excited to announce that we are in the planning stages of our multi-million dollar room and meeting space renovation. We are looking forward to you welcoming you back to our hotel on your next trip.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel quite a few times over the past year working on a project in the area for my company. The staff are incredible, I've always received excellent service. The rooms are good but could use a renovation.

Room Tip: Higher floors avoid loud asian tour groups
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Tamara B, Manager at Hyatt FairFax at Fair Lakes, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Dear DErtg,

We are very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We are excited to announce that we are in the planning stages of our multi-million dollar renovation that will address all of the room deficiencies. Thank you for providing feedback on TripAdvisor and hope to see you again on your next trip to Fairfax.
Glen Burnie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

I was one of the last minute people who signed up for this conference which was held Aug. 5th thru the 8th. The rooms reserved for the conference were taken and all other hotels in the area was to far. I called and spoke with Ms. Theresa King at the Hyatt Fair Lakes and she went above and beyond to find me a room where the conference was being host. Plus, she made sure that my stay was pleasant experience. Ms. King was very attentive and caring, for that I would come back to the Hyatt Fair Lakes and recommend it to my friends and family.

Dear Darryl W,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that Theresa was able to take care of your reservation. I will be sure to share your comments with Theresa and the rest of our team. Please feel free to contact myself or Theresa for your next visit to Fairfax.

Been to Hyatt FairFax at Fair Lakes? Share your experiences!