“enjoying the free washing” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“enjoying the free washing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

I love this hotel ,
I got the room through priceline. I asked that my room to be on the floor 14
bacause there is a washing machine and a drier in that floor which is so convinient..

The breakfast buffet is not included but I advice you to try it once... you wont regret it..
it is a 5 star breakfast..never so something similar in the area

parking is next to the door, and is free

in the area if you love walking walking right and left will take you to good shopping destinations..
use google maps to discover them,,

also you can request a shattle to take you to Fair oaks mall.

I got a free wireless... ask for the code when you check in

hangout in the lobby in the weekends to see weddings :)

again and again I always enjoy this hotel

there is no microwave in the room but there is a 24 hours grab and go grocery center down with a microwave , you can use it for free..

one thing ... the room was not that clean...but you can always ask for them to clean it again

Room Tip: the 14th floor is good to wash your cloths... but there is some noise because it seems that there ar...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Tamara B, Manager at Hyatt FairFax at Fair Lakes, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Dear Eiman A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. It is terrific to hear that you had a wonderful stay and had the opportunity to experience all of our wonderful amenities our hotel offers. We hope to see you again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Niceville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

I’ve stayed here a couple of times while in the area on business. The lobby has been renovated since my last stay and looks great. The rooms are clean, comfortable and provide a relaxing environment. The staff are great and very helpful. On this most recent trip, I had some down time between meetings and got great advice from Rani at the front desk on some places to check out in the area. Turned what would have been just another business trip into a really enjoyable one. Will definitely be back on my next trip.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for going out of your way to write this review. We are thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and had a chance to interact with our wonderful front desk. We will be sure to recognize our staff for the fabulous service they provide.

We are looking forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Fairfax.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

They have done a lot of work on this Hyatt recently. The lobby is more open, bright and inviting. The lobby bar area is a great place to hang out with friends, family and colleagues. The rooms are comfortable and include a desk and a couch. Plenty of room. My only complaint is the hotel wi-fi was a bit spotty. It needs some more power.

Great hotel and will stay again.

Dear Joe F,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on TripAdvisor. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated lobby. We are excited to announce that we are in the planning stages of our multi-million dollar room and meeting space renovation. We are looking forward to you welcoming you back to our hotel on your next trip.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel quite a few times over the past year working on a project in the area for my company. The staff are incredible, I've always received excellent service. The rooms are good but could use a renovation.

Room Tip: Higher floors avoid loud asian tour groups
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Tamara B, Manager at Hyatt FairFax at Fair Lakes, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Dear DErtg,

We are very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We are excited to announce that we are in the planning stages of our multi-million dollar renovation that will address all of the room deficiencies. Thank you for providing feedback on TripAdvisor and hope to see you again on your next trip to Fairfax.
Glen Burnie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

I was one of the last minute people who signed up for this conference which was held Aug. 5th thru the 8th. The rooms reserved for the conference were taken and all other hotels in the area was to far. I called and spoke with Ms. Theresa King at the Hyatt Fair Lakes and she went above and beyond to find me a room where the conference was being host. Plus, she made sure that my stay was pleasant experience. Ms. King was very attentive and caring, for that I would come back to the Hyatt Fair Lakes and recommend it to my friends and family.

Dear Darryl W,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that Theresa was able to take care of your reservation. I will be sure to share your comments with Theresa and the rest of our team. Please feel free to contact myself or Theresa for your next visit to Fairfax.
new york ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Typical Hyatt. Clean comfortable rooms, well maintained property with usual ammenities. What makes this hotel stand out is an outstanding staff. From the momement you check in Denise, Erin, Rani and esp Tamara make you feel home away from home. Cuong and Marc in rest are amazing.give them a try and you will leave with a smile.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Tamara B, Manager at Hyatt FairFax at Fair Lakes, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear scott m,

It is wonderful to hear that our hospitable staff makes you feel this is your home away from home. Thank you for making us your first choice in the Fairfax area.
We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback through TripAdvisor and hope to see you again very soon.

- Hyatt Fairfax family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I had a room on the 10th floor that was nice. I asked at the time of check in to be located in a quiet part of the hotel. The first night was very quiet, But than a room full of kids moved in next door. The good news was quiet time for them was between 9 PM and 6 AM. Just right for my sleeping needs. I stopped down at the bar one night for a beer ($4.75 each) but that is about normal price for a hotel bar. Breakfast cost $20.00 each to have a plan buffet breakfast. Everything cost at this hotel. The pool is only open from 5 PM to 10 PM. On the bright side the room was very clean and kept that way all week. So all in all the cost is a bit high but the rooms are clean.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear Bill N,

We are delighted that you were able to stay with us during our busy season. It is wonderful to hear that our suite sized room is to your liking. We offer various packages which may include breakfast in your rate. On your next visit, please feel free to contact our hotel directly and one of our guest service agents will be more than happy to assist you in booking you the best rate available. Thank you for providing feedback through TripAdvisor and hope to see you again soon.

Been to Hyatt FairFax at Fair Lakes? Share your experiences!