“CUPIC Conference” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
Glen Burnie, Maryland
“CUPIC Conference”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

I was one of the last minute people who signed up for this conference which was held Aug. 5th thru the 8th. The rooms reserved for the conference were taken and all other hotels in the area was to far. I called and spoke with Ms. Theresa King at the Hyatt Fair Lakes and she went above and beyond to find me a room where the conference was being host. Plus, she made sure that my stay was pleasant experience. Ms. King was very attentive and caring, for that I would come back to the Hyatt Fair Lakes and recommend it to my friends and family.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Tamara B, Manager at Hyatt FairFax at Fair Lakes, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Dear Darryl W,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that Theresa was able to take care of your reservation. I will be sure to share your comments with Theresa and the rest of our team. Please feel free to contact myself or Theresa for your next visit to Fairfax.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
new york ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Typical Hyatt. Clean comfortable rooms, well maintained property with usual ammenities. What makes this hotel stand out is an outstanding staff. From the momement you check in Denise, Erin, Rani and esp Tamara make you feel home away from home. Cuong and Marc in rest are amazing.give them a try and you will leave with a smile.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Tamara B, Manager at Hyatt FairFax at Fair Lakes, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear scott m,

It is wonderful to hear that our hospitable staff makes you feel this is your home away from home. Thank you for making us your first choice in the Fairfax area.
We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback through TripAdvisor and hope to see you again very soon.

- Hyatt Fairfax family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I had a room on the 10th floor that was nice. I asked at the time of check in to be located in a quiet part of the hotel. The first night was very quiet, But than a room full of kids moved in next door. The good news was quiet time for them was between 9 PM and 6 AM. Just right for my sleeping needs. I stopped down at the bar one night for a beer ($4.75 each) but that is about normal price for a hotel bar. Breakfast cost $20.00 each to have a plan buffet breakfast. Everything cost at this hotel. The pool is only open from 5 PM to 10 PM. On the bright side the room was very clean and kept that way all week. So all in all the cost is a bit high but the rooms are clean.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear Bill N,

We are delighted that you were able to stay with us during our busy season. It is wonderful to hear that our suite sized room is to your liking. We offer various packages which may include breakfast in your rate. On your next visit, please feel free to contact our hotel directly and one of our guest service agents will be more than happy to assist you in booking you the best rate available. Thank you for providing feedback through TripAdvisor and hope to see you again soon.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I stayed at this property in May on a solo trip to get away from my husband and two kids! The price was right and the location was far enough away from my home in Washington, DC to make me feel like I had a mini vacation. I liked the running paths nearby and roads that led to a private lake where you could jog. Every imaginable chain store is in close proximity and there is a great sushi restaurant in walking distance, as well as a mall if you want to shop. As others have noted, the hotel was indeed quite dated and quite bleh considering the Hyatt reputation. Also, you could hear noise from the hallway and lots of noise related to plumbing (like people taking showers in other rooms). This noise actually woke me up in the morning. Finally, the stations available on tv were quite limited and the tv picture overall sucked. There was mildew on the ceiling in the bathroom.I would stay at this hotel again, however, if I got the same price I got in May as it served my purposes. Also a spa, Alexandre de Paris, is nearby as is Spa World in Centreville VA and I had fabulous services at Alexandre de Paris so all in all it was a good weekend.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Tamara B, Manager at Hyatt FairFax at Fair Lakes, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear braziltropical,

We are delighted that you chose our hotel for your mini vacation and enjoyed our convenient location. We are excited to announce that we are in the planning stages of our multi-million dollar renovation that will address all of the room deficiencies. Thank you for sharing your experience through TripAdvisor. We hope to see you again on your next mini vacation to Fairfax.
Lisle, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

We got this hotel as a deal from Hotwire. The stay was nice and comfortable. We had a king and a queen bed and the room was spacious enough to walk around with turnable TV. The toiletries were replaced every day and the checkout at 12 PM worked favorable. DC is not too far off. It was just a 20 min ride from the hotel. Overall, a good choice to stay to visit DC.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Niranchan,

We are pleased that you found our location convenient and enjoyed our spacious suite sized rooms. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on TripAdvisor. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Washington DC.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Just finished a four night day stay at the Hyatt at Fair Lakes in Fairfax, Va for a business conference. The rooms were clean and bed comfortable. I never heard any noise from construction or nearby rooms. The pool and exercise area worked for me. The breakfast buffet had a wide variety of foods to select. The staff were helpful and pleasant. Kudos to Mr. Andrew Coutinho who should receive the employee of the year award for his dedicated service. I had a pleasant experience and will inform friends and family to stay here in the future.

Room Tip: I stayed on the first floor in a smoking room with a clean air purifyer. This was a corner suite th...
Dear RVandervoort,

We are thrilled that you had an overall enjoyable experience at our hotel. We are honored to have Andrew as one of our dedicated employees. We will be sure to share your kind comments with our team. Thank you for providing feedback through TripAdvisor and hope to see you again on your next visit.
The Villages, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

This a great hotel, and the staff is even Greater! We stay here often - whenever we return to Fairfax, Virginia. Truly has become home away from home. Accommodations and amenities are great. Location is perfect for access to shopping, transportation, airport, and touring attractions. Staff is always professional, friendly and they go way out of their way to accommodate and make everyone feel welcome, comfortable and at home. Outstanding customer service. Outstanding management. A few names to mention and why we keep returning: Tamara, Theresa, Erin, Rani, Coung, and Rosa !! Thank you to all for making each visit we make to this Hyatt an extra special visit. We always look forward to returning!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Stephanie V,

We are delighted that the staff has made you feel that this is your home away from home. We appreciate you sharing your experience on TripAdvisor and hope to see you again in the near future.

The Hyatt Fairfax family

Been to Hyatt FairFax at Fair Lakes? Share your experiences!