“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
Columbia, Maryland
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

This hotel is close to D.C., but you're still in the beautiful forrests of Northern Virginia so you don't feel like you're in a major metro area. I took the family here so they could have some indoor swim time in the middle of winter. The staff was wonderful and the lifeguard went above and beyond to find some float toys for my kids. The NoVa Market really impressed me. Normally, when I travel for business, I'm running to meetings or catching shuttles and don't always have time to sit down to dine. Their HUGE selection of grab and go meal options was overwhelming and impressive to any pallate. The hotel is located very close to TONS of restaurant choices so there's something for everyone.
The only down side we experienced was that they booked the pool for private groups and hotel guests had to wait around someone else's agenda. I was very surprised to see private parties in the pool. Now I know to ask first next time, not that we should have to. No parent want's to disappoint their kids and be stuck in the room with cranky kids.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Brendon W, Front Office Manager at Hyatt FairFax at Fair Lakes, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
It is great to see that you and your family had a wonderful time while guests in our hotel. From the Nova Market, to the indoor pool, it looks like you were able to take full advantage of the hotel's amenities. I do regret to learn that you had to wait a bit to use the pool, but it sounds like you and your family had a blast once you got in. We will certainly recognize our lifeguard for making your pool time so enjoyable.

It sounds like you also enjoyed the local restaurants. Next time you stay with us, please stop by the front desk for some insider's advice on our favorite spots.

We truly appreciate the time you took to give us a review from your recent stay. We hope to see you and your family again next time you visit "the beautiful forests of Northern Virginia."

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel before back in '09 on a few occasions. It is a Hyatt and you get great deals here on weekends and holidays. It is just starting to look and feel dated. Positives are a large parking lot and a very comfortable bed. One of the negatives is the plumbing, the toilets require multiple flushes. The decor in the lobby as well as the hallways feels like are needing an update. If visiting DC and are looking to take the train, this hotel is an excellent choice, I just expected more from the brand. Everything you need is across the street from Wal*Mart to Target to chain restaurants.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Brendon W, Front Office Manager at Hyatt FairFax at Fair Lakes, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you for taking time out of your day to give us a review. It is great to read that you enjoyed the beds, which is important after a long day of touring Fairfax and Washington DC.

While we are quite pleased that you had an overall great stay at our hotel, I do regret to learn of the few issues that you experienced. I want to assure you that those issues will be addressed and remedied.

On behalf of everyone here at Hyatt Fairfax, thank you for choosing our hotel, and we look forward to your next visit.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I stayed here for a night in December for a conference being held at the hotel. The staff was friendly, the accommodations were nice, the hotel lobby and bar area were spacious and modern. I liked the layout of my room and the swivel TV. Only down side, the bathroom was TINY. There's a whole foods and small strip mall very near by.

I would stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Brendon W, Front Office Manager at Hyatt FairFax at Fair Lakes, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is great to see that you had a wonderful time at our hotel while you were in town for a conference. We love making our business traveler's stay as comfortable as possible, so it is fantastic to read that you had a great time at our hotel.

We enjoyed hosting you, and we truly hope to see you again at Hyatt Fairfax next time you're in town.
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I am currently staying this hotel for 7 days. The reservation made a mistake and didn't reserve the breakfast package when I extended the stay to 7 days from 5 days, which was a big surprise when I checked in. Calling the gold passport line was somewhat helpful but not satisfactory. I called the front desk. Jacqline Watts, the supervisor, told me that she would not spend too much time doing the investigation but honor the original reservation and was so proactive. Emma, who originally help me during the check-in, was so doing whatever she can do help. I was so touched by their commitment to customer satisfaction. I made an effort to go down and meet everyone and thanked them. Then, I got a knock on the door later with an apology note, water bottles and fruit. That was beyond my expectation, and I felt as though I received an amazing Christmas gift. All the staff members at the hotel are so friendly and welcoming. The only reason I am giving 4 starts instead of 5 is because the hotel needs a remodeling. Having said that, the panoramic room I am staying is very clean and comfortable. I want to thank everyone at the hotel, especially Jacqline and Emma. I highly recommend others to stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Brendon W, Front Office Manager at Hyatt FairFax at Fair Lakes, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
We are very happy to read that both Emma and Jacqline were able to solve your issue, and we are even happier to see that they sent up some "goodies" for you. Our job is to make your stay a great one, so it's fantastic to see that we succeeded due to the extra effort of Emma and Jacqline. I can assure you that both of them will be recognized for their outstanding customer service.

On behalf of everyone at Hyatt Fairfax, thank you for choosing to stay with us. We can't wait to see you and your family next time you're in Fairfax.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I travel a lot and the Hyatt Fair Lakes is one of the best hotels that I stay in. The employees are exceptional, all doing their best to keep their clients happy. The facility is clean and comfortable, the food is good, and the hotel is in a great location. This hotel gets an A++!

Room Tip: I have never had a bad room!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Brendon W, Front Office Manager at Hyatt FairFax at Fair Lakes, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay at Hyatt Fairfax. It means the world to us that we are able to make your stays so memorable. We will certainly share your kind words with the entire staff.

We look forward to giving you more "A++" service in the future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Was there for a client meeting at nearby place. Overall good place to relax post meetings..
Advisable to take higher floors. We stayed at 11th and the view was amazing..

Internet speed was not great even after paying 10 bucks for 24 hrs.. Even candlewood and marriott's speed was better.
Bar, Grill are nice.. and breakfast was good too.

Complimentary wine was a nice gesture, also we were provided each a complimentary coupon at Bar.

Room Tip: Top floor..
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Brendon W, Front Office Manager at Hyatt FairFax at Fair Lakes, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are very pleased to see that you were able to unwind at our hotel after a long day of meetings. It is also great to learn that you enjoyed the bar, grill, and our breakfast.

In regards to the internet service, next time you stay with us please inquire at the front desk about our Hyatt Gold Passport program. It is our free customer loyalty program with which you can earn points for qualified stays, and also includes complimentary internet access.

On behalf of everyone at Hyatt Fairfax, thank you for choosing to stay with us. We hope to host your next visit to Fairfax.
KARACHI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I had stayed for almost 6 nights and finds the hotel an excellent place to stay. Located near many corporate offices which makes Hyatt a hotel of choice. The staff is friendly, helpful and wonderful, they never let you go away without greeting you. The shuttle service is amazing. I prefer to stay here if visited Fairfax in future. Raza

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
We are very happy to learn that you had an excellent stay at our hotel. We enjoyed having you as our guest for six nights, and I am glad that you experienced superior customer service during that time. It is also great to see that you enjoyed our complimentary shuttle service.

We sincerely look forward to your next visit to Hyatt Fairfax, and we hope it's sooner rather than later.

Been to Hyatt FairFax at Fair Lakes? Share your experiences!