“No complaints about room or service” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Spa Package
Ranked #7 of 22 hotels in Fairfax
Upstate NY
“No complaints about room or service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Stayed here while attending a few meetings in the Fairfax area. I found the hotel staff to be very helpful and friendly. My room was large, the bed was comfortable, and all the linens were clean and of high quality. And even though I arrived quite late the bar staff was willing to prepare a dinner for me.

Just one thing - one of my meetings was in a conference room in the hotel, and the chairs no longer had any noticeable padding in the seats. Made for a long afternoon. But the meeting room was comfortable and the lunch was very good.

I suggest asking for a room on a higher floor to minimize noise from the nearby highway. I was on the 12th floor (out of 14) and the noise was there, but not disturbing.

210 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Calverton, New York, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I'm a meeting planner and this is an actual quote from one of our exhibitors regarding the customer service at Hyatt Fairfax at Fair Lakes. Our meeting was in October 2013 and I cannot say enough good things about the service, attention to detail and overall responsiveness by the staff. Breakfast buffet was excellent and the choices changed every day which was nice especially if, like me, you're there for a full week.

Uniontown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I stay here often as it's located close to the business that brings me to town. Clean and tastefully decorated. Good firm beds with lots of pillows. Staff is responsive and courteous. Fitness room is small but well equipped and machines are newer. Breakfast is delicious and varies day to day. The hotel is also close to shopping and restaurants.

Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We had a very good long stay - close to 3 weeks - since the room was of good size, the lobby was nice and inviting, the amenities are good, and the breakfast was tasty with very good ingredients. The staff was very friendly and helped a lot with our very active 3-years old boy; they sometime will look after him in the lobby while we're having our breakfast - the restaurant manager was especially helpful in this - and they were always friendly with him. Rebecca and Emma at the front desk were always friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
new york
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Situated in a nice area with numerous shopping and dining options extremely close by if one does not choose to eat in house . Extremely welcoming ,clean reception area with a delightful efficient reception staff of Jacqueline(SP?) and Rebecca. Sitting area in lobby has numerous areas for private conversations as well as a small group. Common areas extremely clean.. Exercise room clean with good equipment. Internet/Breakfast/inroom refrigerator extra(offer rates with these included )
As for our Room--- Very quiet room Quiet A/C and heating- Room-906- Issues needing addressing-- Was disappointed that-simple non time consuming inexpensive fixes could have made this room nice and clean and made one feel if they spent the full advertised price that one could be satisfied . . numerous corners with chipped paint --scuffed baseboards--marks on wallpaper--then 2 electrical problems that could have presented fire and potential injury.....(which we reported )and are sure it was taken care of) Curtains had stains on them in bed area
( The even number rooms on upper floors face West with a pretty sun set view and on to large parking lot but with some( not disturbing) traffic noise( but no lights from cars at night ) . I
Odd numbered rms on East side --with sunrise-roof top views and new building going up some distance away.
Would I return here???????????? Maybe to try another room----or another Chain in the same advertised price range ! I give it average because of rm cleanliness and upkeep is most important to me.

Room Tip: 906 needs some work---Upper floors quiet----West side actual front of hotel ---Even numbered rooms i...
Staunton, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at the Hyatt Fairfax. The customer service was absolutely stellar, and Rebecca at the front desk absolutely delighted me with her thoughtful courtesy. We enjoyed both the restaurant and the bar, and our room was gorgeous, spacious, and spotlessly clean. Every hotel staff person that I passed spoke to me in a friendly and professional way, and I was asked repeatedly if there was anything that they could do to improve my stay. I would highly recommend this lovely hotel and warm, courteous staff!

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Our stay at this Hyatt Hotel was one we will not forget. Everyone made sure that all aspects of the customer service they offer was 100%. They took care of all our needs when a situation arose whilst we were there. The rooms we were staying in were all fantastic, in particular the King Suite with the 180 degree panoramic view across Virginia. They were spotlessly clean. The beds and pillows were so comfortable and the room service for meals was excellent. I cannot praise the staff enough for all they did. From the clean, crisp sheets on the bed, to the wonderful breakfast buffet with hot and cold food, fresh juice, cereals and pastries, the Hyatt is the best hotel we have ever stayed in and we have stayed in many. When travelling again, we would not hesitate in choosing The Hyatt Fairfax again. Thank you all so much and we look forward to our next visit in Fairfax.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 8th floor in a panoramic suite and also a double deluxe both of which were quiet, c...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt FairFax at Fair Lakes? Share your experiences!