“Superior Staff & Service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Your Points
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Superior Staff & Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I frequently travel to northern Virginia for business-related reasons. I stayed at several hotels in the Fairfax-Dulles area before trying the Hyatt Fairfax at Fair Lakes. After my first visit to the Hyatt Fairfax at Fair Lakes, I haven't returned to any other area hotel.

The hotel is clean, spacious, and offers modern amenities. The breakfast buffet is well worth the price. And the full-service bar offers several craft beers at fair prices.

However, it's the staff and service that separates the Hyatt Fairfax at Fair Lakes from other northern Virginia hotels. Over the past four years, every employee I have encountered is friendly and accommodating. The front desk staff routinely offers great service even if I have a last-minute change in plans. The staff also goes above and beyond most hotels. One example is during a snow storm last year. I walked out to my vehicle and two Hyatt employees removed snow from my car.

The Hyatt Fairfax at Fair Lakes is also an excellent hotel for families. I took my wife and children on a weekend trip to Washington, DC and we stayed at the Hyatt Fairfax at Fair Lakes. We couldn't have asked for a better experience with our accommodations.

Whenever I travel to northern Virginia, I will definitely stay at the Hyatt Fairfax at Fair Lakes.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Very pleasant property close to DC and Dulles corridor for business, but away from the hustle and bustle. Reasonable room rates for a hotel of this quality. Staff very friendly and efficient. Rebecca at the front desk could not have been more helpful. Great breakfast too.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency FairFax, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear 81hd55,

Thank you for going out of your way to share comments about your recent stay at our Hyatt Fairfax at Fair Lakes. It is great to hear how well our location worked for your travels. Rebecca will be recognized for the excellent service she provided during your visit. It will be my pleasure to welcome you back soon!

Safe travels,

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here while attending a concert at Jiffy Lube live. Perfect location, free breakfast, and a lovely hotel. Would stay here again!

We also returned to the area late and had two options for late night food: Tgi Fridays and a diner. Not bad for what seemed like a quiet area.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay. It is great to hear that you found our location to be very convenient for attending the concert at Jiffy Lube Live. I hope we can have the opportunity to welcome you back to Hyatt in the future!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

On 8-16-2013 I took a get away trip. In my online reservation I asked for a quiet room. I received just that not only was it quiet, it had a beautiful view. The reservation was a promotion that included breakfast. The room was nice and the breakfast was delicious. Thank You Hyatt
I would recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Ayou wantsk for what
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Brighton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Just returned from a impromptu trip to VA and DC. Didn't really want to stay in the heart of DC and have to deal with the busyness associated with the area. Instead we choose Hyatt Fairfax because of the reasonable room rates and location. Rates for DC Hyatt's were above $200 and given the fact we were site seeing and not spending much time at the hotel, we opted for something more reasonable. From the time we arrived until the day we left (4 days) the entire staff from concierge to housekeeping made us feel like welcomed guests. Everyone was friendly, cheerful and helpful. Rooms are a bit tired but very spacious, quiet, comfortable and CLEAN! Breakfast at the Nova Grill was outstanding with more than enough to choose from. The location is only about 20 miles from DC and as long as you stay off of 66 traffic is not an issue. We will definitely return!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency FairFax, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Hello sdbrauer,

Thank you for going out of your way to write this review! We are thrilled you enjoyed at relaxing stay away from the business of the downtown Washington D.C. and for a great rate! We will be sure to recognize our staff for the fabulous service they provide and also advised our management team of the comment made on the room looking and bit tired and worn and maybe we can get a renovation boosted at this Hyatt location! We appreciate all your kind remarks and we hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Fairfax.

Safe Travels,

Drew D.- Guest Relations
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Everyone from the front desk, to housekeeping to catering was friendly, courteous, helpful and efficient. I spent a week here attending a professional conference and it was a pleasure. Guest rooms were clean and quiet; the conference space and meeting rooms were perfect.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency FairFax, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Hello LOID351!

Thank you for going out of your way to write this review on your most recent stay at the Hyatt Fairfax at Fair Lakes. We will sure to recognize all the staff from the front desk all the way to our catering department on behalf of the great service they provided you with during your week long stay. We are thrilled your business trip was worry free and relaxing and we hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Fairfax.

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate
Crestview, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

As I was heading up in the elevator for the first time, what I noticed first was that everything looked a little tired and worn. Unfortunately that impression lasted all the way into the room as well. However as I settled in it was all very comfortable and functional. So while it did look a little dated, I wouldn't want something changed to something that might not be as good. I slept like a baby and the staff was super friendly. They never seemed inconvenienced at anything I asked. I even asked a few to come on home with me!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Tamara-LLTS,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback from your most recent stay at the Hyatt Fairfax at Fair Lakes. We will definitely send your comments of the property being a little worn to our executive management team so they can further review and make necessary changes for a more beautiful stay. We are thrilled our staff provided you with great service and resulting in an amazing experience. I will be sure to recognize our staff on this positive feedback and we hope you will join us again on your next visit to Fairfax.

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate